U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 11:57 AM

12,581 posts, read 10,434,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Hear very nasty things from:
Canadians, Mexicans, British, Australians, Eastern Europeans.

Just seem to not care:
Most Europeans and Brazilians

More pro American:
French, Israelis.
If Canada was in practice anti American we wouldn't have allowed hundreds of U.S airliners to land at Canadian airports on 9/11.. There was a very real possibility that there were terrorists on those planes that could have crashed them into our own buildings yet we stepped up to the plate.. Look at the Canadian response to hurricane Katrina....what is nasty or anti american about these things exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2014, 12:15 PM

3,308 posts, read 2,550,812 times
Quote:
Hear very nasty things from:
Canadians, Mexicans, British, Australians, Eastern Europeans.

Just seem to not care:
Most Europeans and Brazilians

More pro American:
French, Israelis.
There are plenty of Brazilians who talk crap about the US- it is 50/50 with them.

When I was in Europe, in many countries, many people talked crap about the US. They felt very comfortable telling me how much they disliked Americans since they didn't consider me an American (I'm not White).

Old 07-05-2014, 02:51 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,983,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
If Canada was in practice anti American we wouldn't have allowed hundreds of U.S airliners to land at Canadian airports on 9/11.. There was a very real possibility that there were terrorists on those planes that could have crashed them into our own buildings yet we stepped up to the plate.. Look at the Canadian response to hurricane Katrina....what is nasty or anti american about these things exactly?
I didn't say they are anti American i just said i hear a lot of nasty thing about the US coming out of the mouths of Canadians, British and Australians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
There are plenty of Brazilians who talk crap about the US- it is 50/50 with them.

When I was in Europe, in many countries, many people talked crap about the US. They felt very comfortable telling me how much they disliked Americans since they didn't consider me an American (I'm not White).
I'm sure there are plenty of prejudice people in Brazil and Europe but in my experience (as an American) they are not as hateful as some Canadian, British, Australians, and even Europhile Americans are.

Old 07-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I didn't say they are anti American i just said i hear a lot of nasty thing about the US coming out of the mouths of Canadians, British and Australians.
In real life or on CD?

Old 07-05-2014, 06:34 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,477,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
In real life or on CD?

Probably both, but I just hope remembers that door swings both ways.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yeah its true we see alot of that in the Canada section but we react to pot stirrers more than stir the pot imo. I know plenty of Americans through my travels and the typical conversation is almost always civil and respectful... CD is a platform for anonymous brash.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:59 PM

2,880 posts, read 5,071,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
In terms of being critical of the American government, culture, the society/people in general:

I would say:

Canada
UK
France
New Zealand
Germany (to a smaller extent)

Not too sure about other European countries.
It depends which class of people we are talking about. Most European professionals have a begrudging of not enthusiastic respect for the US. However, most European welfare recipients, students, political wannabes, etc. share a common, ignorance-based, fashionable, and rather comical dislike of the US.

Otherwise, countries with a strong inherent dislike of the US are those who still fancy their imperial pasts. How else to explain that Greece tops all polls as being anti-American. Greece, of all places, a country who we share very little history or earth shattering events.

I find the most virulent anti-Americans are wholly ignorant of the US, and little to no experience with the US or Americans, and enjoy the manufacture of straw men which which to attack the US. Laughable.

S.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:43 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,983,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It sure does but the door sure seems to swing harder this way.

Old 07-09-2014, 09:55 PM

523 posts, read 579,778 times
France, Australia, and the UK all hate the U.S. with a burning passion, and we hate all of them back.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:29 AM

2,603 posts, read 3,770,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mei guo ren View Post
Shifting the blame? Hardly. I know what I posted and I stand by it. If you have a problem with, I repeat what I said before - go speak with the ones perpetuating the stereotype. You'll be doing both of us a favor.
Well it is going to be difficult for me to do that isn't it? I don't live in the US and don't know these people. If I posted about some specific nationality doing negative things I would expect people to disagree or comment. I could find any group of young people that behave badly. There are plenty of young Aussies here that go out on the grog and do antisocial things. Also young Aussies can have a negative reputation in places like Bali. The majority of Australians aren't like that. There are lots of young Irish and British here who go out on drinking binges but usually people realise there are young groups of people in most nationalities that are a bit wild at times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or