U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:22 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,999,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Haha, we're not all bad .
If you are not a college aged, hipster women you are probably not bad.

But yea i don't think backpacking is as popular here than it is in other developed countries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:31 PM

19,714 posts, read 8,243,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I would say the most anti-American nation in the west is the United States of America.

I've seen enough of their news to know that one half passionately hate the other half and criticize them at all ends. Democrat. Republican. It doesn't matter.

And since the parties are roughly equal in size, that equates to half the populace of the country being angry and disliking a near majority of Americans as well as being critical of them and their policies.
Bingo. Not only spot on, but this has gone on since Johnson and it has only gotten more intensely polarized and hateful over time.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:46 PM

1,484 posts, read 1,648,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Really? I think you might have a different understanding of the term Westerner- one that I'm completely unfamiliar with.

I don't think the OP was asking who was most anti-American country, in a geographical region.
Latin America is the poor part of the West, but, indeed, belongs to the West. It's traditionally christian, was settled by europeans, speak european language and are placed in the western hemisphere. Thus, Latin America belongs to the West.

Culture is not the same of being developed or not. If we look at the eastern countries, we will notice that there are both highly developed countries like Japan and South Korea, middle income countries like Thailand or China, and poor countries like Laos and Cambodia.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:53 PM

9,783 posts, read 15,354,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
If you are not a college aged, hipster women you are probably not bad.

But yea i don't think backpacking is as popular here than it is in other developed countries
Backpackers are a pretty diverse bunch, I mean they come from different countries (obviously mostly wealthy ones though) with different backgrounds, interests.etc.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,491,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
Canada. Been insulted more times there than anywhere else. They do it very subtley like "such a shame you Americans don't travel much like we do, why is that?" they ask with a smarmy air of superiority.

The funny thing about Candadians is how well behaved they are in the US. You literally see loads of them up and down the East Coast in summer. Never a negative word about the US comes out of their mouth then.

Yeah, but you know there are Americans that come up here, and are complete *******s too, right?
From uppity "I'm better then you by a factor of 10", to litterally walking down the middle of the main drag in my city, **** drunk, screaming about how much Canada sucks, and how we should be thankful to have them "protecting us"...against what...I know not, while they puke, ****, and let whatever else may fly out of their body, fly.

That door swings both ways, man. But I never let it sully the view I have of Americans. And I'm in a border city.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:52 PM

14,805 posts, read 16,999,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Yeah, but you know there are Americans that come up here, and are complete *******s too, right?
From uppity "I'm better then you by a factor of 10", to litterally walking down the middle of the main drag in my city, **** drunk, screaming about how much Canada sucks, and how we should be thankful to have them "protecting us"...against what...I know not, while they puke, ****, and let whatever else may fly out of their body, fly.

That door swings both ways, man. But I never let it sully the view I have of Americans. And I'm in a border city.
Sorry about that, i'm a lightweight

Old 04-03-2014, 10:39 PM

11,269 posts, read 12,491,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Sorry about that, i'm a lightweight

That's okay, at least you washed your puke into the gutter with your pee.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:12 PM

16,144 posts, read 21,405,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
ahhahahah that's really funny. I wasn't attacking you though, I was just commenting on it
No worries, I honestly cannot remember where I watched that

Old 04-03-2014, 11:14 PM

1,832 posts, read 1,575,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Don't forget the "Here's some REAL money, not that Monopoly crap that you Canucks use."

Then they wonder why they get dinged on the currency exchange.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:16 PM

16,144 posts, read 21,405,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
One of the main concerns right now would be mass surveillance.
This I believe is certainly a worry. the French have caught the US spying on them before. the US is known for spying on it's allies although in all fairness, France has done so as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or