Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:16 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times

Advertisements

In terms of being critical of the American government, culture, the society/people in general:

I would say:

Canada
UK
France
New Zealand
Germany (to a smaller extent)

Not too sure about other European countries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Australia

Old 04-03-2014, 02:31 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,203,381 times
New Zealand is not really in the "west". If in the Western hemisphere, should be Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia and Ecuador?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:36 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,671,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
New Zealand is not really in the "west". If in the Western hemisphere, should be Cuba, Venezuela, Bolivia and Ecuador?
Cubans are Westerners?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:37 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Being critical of ones government doesn't equal being anti-American. I really don't know why Canada is even on your list, since we basically have the same culture, society/people as they do. But yeah, Canada is going to critque the **** out of the American government, since every-single-move they make can have serious reprecussions for our nation.

Everything else you see on the internet between Canadians and Americans is a sibling rivalry that really, the rest of the world just doesn't get. We love eachother, we hate eachother, we'll defend eachother to the death. That's just the way we roll.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Being critical of ones government doesn't equal being anti-American. I really don't know why Canada is even on your list, since we basically have the same culture, society/people as they do. But yeah, Canada is going to critque the **** out of the American government, since every-single-move they make can have serious reprecussions for our nation.

Everything else you see on the internet between Canadians and Americans is a sibling rivalry that really, the rest of the world just doesn't get. We love eachother, we hate eachother, we'll defend eachother to the death. That's just the way we roll.
Yeah I think that's probably similar to the Australian/New Zealand relationship.

I've notice Australians either seem to love or hate the US. Well okay there are many like me who love some aspects of it and dislike others.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,741,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Yeah I think that's probably similar to the Australian/New Zealand relationship.
Canada and the US

Aus and NZ

There must be other countries that have the same sort of dynamic to their relationship.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:23 AM

684 posts, read 825,121 times
I would say the most anti-American nation in the west is the United States of America.

I've seen enough of their news to know that one half passionately hate the other half and criticize them at all ends. Democrat. Republican. It doesn't matter.

And since the parties are roughly equal in size, that equates to half the populace of the country being angry and disliking a near majority of Americans as well as being critical of them and their policies.

Old 04-03-2014, 03:39 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,888,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

That's something Americans don't seem to understand.

Old 04-03-2014, 04:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
That's something Americans don't seem to understand.
While true for some, I think that when your country is getting picked apart by people from around the globe on a constant basis, at a certain point, you can't help but feel like they are attacks against the population. Especially, when most critiques come in the form of "Americans" this, or "You Americans" that.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World