U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 08:59 PM

5,427 posts, read 3,317,208 times

Advertisements

New Orleans sometimes feels it belongs in the Caribbean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2014, 02:19 AM

7 posts, read 9,376 times
Definitely Hawaii which is non-White.
Xinjiang and Tibet in China have ethnic automonous status, so are not special.
Harbin is still mainly Han Chinese with a Russian minority.
Macau's streets look very Portuguese though Chinese people are everywhere seen.
Naha is like Okinawan+Japanese+American
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Honolulu, Anchorage, Yalta, Tel-Aviv, Urumqi, Lhasa, Harbin, Macau, Naha, Kuching

Old 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM

406 posts, read 531,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
New Orleans sometimes feels it belongs in the Caribbean.
I would say Spain.... mainly for it's colonial style

Old 04-14-2014, 05:39 PM

5,932 posts, read 9,123,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Has Loreto changed that much recently? I went there in November(sort of the offseason) a few years back and found the town failry deserted--and most of the restaurants I went to outside a few more touristy ones in the main plaza were typical Pacific Coast Mexican fare(and required speaking Spanish). The biggest activity was probably the Mexican kids driving up and down the main seaside drag blaring Norteno music on Friday night. There were a few touristy places catering to tourists, but nothing like the Senor Frogs and Hard Rock cafes that pop up in other Mexican tourist beach resorts. Not even as touristy overall as somewhere like Cabo(or San Felipe, which just seems to be a place for American college kids and retirees for the most part). Much of Baja in general though seems different than the rest of Mexico with the heavy influence from California to the north.
We were there several years ago, the week following Christmas. I heard and read more English than Spanish. Maybe we only saw the more touristy parts of Loreto, I dunno.

Old 04-21-2014, 01:30 AM

1,144 posts, read 1,507,740 times
I once read on Nat Geo Magazine that the Tex-Mex border towns can feel quite different both from the rest of the USA and Mexico....

Old 04-21-2014, 05:18 AM

4,557 posts, read 4,865,360 times
15th/10th district of Vienna. Feels like somewhere in south-eastern Europe.

Pros: great Balkan food, cheap, low rents.
Cons: relatively untidy, high crime (still pretty laughable, though )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or