Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 02:20 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,825,968 times

Advertisements

Would you prefer to die at home or in the hospital ??

Would you die in your home country or a foreign country ?

For me, I have never lived in a home where someone died in it before, so I rather die in a hospital than at home.. The idea of living in a house where someone died in it seems quite eerie to me..

For me, It doesn't matter if I die in my home country or overseas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 02:43 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,201,644 times
Personally, I don't care where. Most likely at a hospital, rather than home, as I do not want to impose on my kids anything negative about the house I left them.

Anyway, my grandma chose to die in our house when I was still young. She had to be transferred from the hospital to our house just so her wish can be fulfilled. She passed away about an hour or two after she arrived. She also specified that she wanted the wake to be at our house rather than a funeral house. That was a long time ago. I pretty much grew up in that house, but instead of being fearful, that generally shed away any fear of the dead or those superstitions for me.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:04 AM

I think the older generation prefer to die at home.. Their mindset

Old 04-20-2014, 03:13 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,786,339 times
I actually think I'd prefer to die in a hospital too, actually. I don't know why, but I was born in one, so why not die in one?

I used to wonder where I'd die. I used to wish I wasn't born in Singapore because I thought it made me less Australian, but now I don't care. There's something 'full circle' about dying where you were born I guess.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
I think the older generation prefer to die at home.. Their mindset
My grandmother is over 90, living in Marine Parade, don't want to think about her mortality.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
I actually think I'd prefer to die in a hospital too, actually. I don't know why, but I was born in one, so why not die in one?

I used to wonder where I'd die. I used to wish I wasn't born in Singapore because I thought it made me less Australian, but now I don't care. There's something 'full circle' about dying where you were born I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
My grandmother is over 90, living in Marine Parade, don't want to think about her mortality.
Your grandma doesn't want to think about her mortality or your mum her children etc dont want to think about it..

Old 04-20-2014, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by singaporelady View Post
Your grandma doesn't want to think about her mortality or your mum her children etc dont want to think about it..
Well I don't. I don't think anyone does...I think she believes in rebirth/reincarnation, some of her children are Christians and fear she will go to hell if she isn't saved before she dies.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:36 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,533,072 times
I'm surprised about everyone wanting to die in a hospital. I definitely would choose dying in a house. At least then it would be a lot more comfortable then some sterile-looking, busy hospital. Also, dying in a home seems like a waaaaay more dignified way to go, as being in a hospital usually implies that you were terminally ill and not just old enough to slip quietly in to death.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:50 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,867,312 times
I would die naturally at home.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:51 AM

2,737 posts, read 3,163,204 times
Hopefully with as little pain as possible, preferable at home in my sleep, in my home country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World