Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 12:02 PM

257 posts, read 516,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Poland and the Czech Republic are without a doubt developed countries, and are pretty 'Western' by all accounts - what are you smoking?
Could not agree more. I did not want to be the one who was going to say that but comparing the Czech Republic or South Korea with Angola does not make any sense. As for GDP per capita, the Czech Republic has higher GDP than for example Portugal and I am pretty sure that you do not consider Jose Mourinho´s birthplace to be underdeveloped...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2014, 04:49 AM

2,969 posts, read 1,954,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Poland and the Czech Republic are without a doubt developed countries, and are pretty 'Western' by all accounts - what are you smoking?

MSCI Global Equity Indexes - Indexes - MSCI
Czech Republic, Poland, and South Korea are all considered as emerging markets according to MSCI!
Even Greece now is downgraded to emerging market.

Old 06-01-2014, 05:21 AM

4,499 posts, read 6,316,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
MSCI Global Equity Indexes - Indexes - MSCI
Czech Republic, Poland, and South Korea are all considered as emerging markets according to MSCI!
Even Greece now is downgraded to emerging market.
Ever been to the Czech Republic or Greece? I somehow doubt that.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:05 PM

304 posts, read 778,374 times
[quote=Daywalk;34724019]I will list them in alphabetical order.
Upper tier major emerging economies
Lower tier major emerging economies

12. Hong Kong

32. Singapore

Hong Kong and Singapore are not really emerging economies anymore. Both their per capita GDPs are higher than those of some Western countries, like the United Kingdom.

Old 06-07-2014, 02:10 PM

304 posts, read 778,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiri View Post
Could not agree more. I did not want to be the one who was going to say that but comparing the Czech Republic or South Korea with Angola does not make any sense. As for GDP per capita, the Czech Republic has higher GDP than for example Portugal and I am pretty sure that you do not consider Jose Mourinho´s birthplace to be underdeveloped...
2014 GDP (nominal) per capita:
Czech Republic = $18.8k
Portugal = $21.7k
Hong Kong = $41.4k
Singapore = $50.3 k

Old 06-07-2014, 03:28 PM

510 posts, read 606,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
I am not finding similarities between Hong Kong and Angola. I am just stating they have something that can challenge the economic dominance of the West in the future.
Hong Kong, along with other Asian Tigers, will challenge the West in terms of living standard.
Angola's population and economy is simultaneously growing very quickly to make it a major player in the global economy in the future along with the other 6 African countries I have listed, namely: South Africa, Nigeria, Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, and Ethiopia.
HK and Singapore have already reached, if not surpassed, western standards of living. HK has the same per capita income as the USA, Singapore's is higher. They both have higher life expectancies, lower infant mortality rates, less crime, better access to healthcare, better primary education systems, etc. yet you have them listed as lower tier emerging economies. By what factors are you comparing them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World