Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: London vs SF
London 96 70.59%
San Francisco 40 29.41%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 03:59 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The differences between London and San Francisco go well beyond being on 2 different continents.

London is a global megacity with a 2000-year history. It is a world center of finance, fashion, arts, media and entertainment. It is so vast that it is really like a country in itself - much like New York City is in America. London is also very connected with other nearby cities in the United Kingdom and continental Europe.

San Francisco is a comparatively much smaller city but with a robust economy and a lot of cultural offerings. The Bay Area is a big tech center in America and it is considerably more defined by its natural setting, access to outdoor activities and year-round mild climate.
London is not that big. I lived in Knightsbridge for a while and drove everywhere. Once you leave the City and Westminster its actually pretty easy to familiarize oneself with imo.

It doesnt feel as big and as agitated as LA or NYC imo.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:50 PM

47 posts, read 65,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
London is not that big. I lived in Knightsbridge for a while and drove everywhere. Once you leave the City and Westminster its actually pretty easy to familiarize oneself with imo.

It doesnt feel as big and as agitated as LA or NYC imo.
You lived in Knightsbridge -- one of the premiere neighbourhoods in the center of the world aka London -- and you downgraded to San Francisco? Aren't you disappointed?

Old 05-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxtrivia View Post
He lives in Oakland.
Terrible.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of windsor View Post
You lived in Knightsbridge -- one of the premiere neighbourhoods in the center of the world aka London -- and you downgraded to San Francisco? Aren't you disappointed?
Knightsbridge is not in New York, the center of the world.

And San Francisco makes both look lacking quite frankly.

Why settle for wretched and dreary weather in London or New York when I can live in the best place in the world, which is the Bay Area.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Knightsbridge is not in New York, the center of the world.

And San Francisco makes both look lacking quite frankly.

Why settle for wretched and dreary weather in London or New York when I can live in the best place in the world, which is the Bay Area.
The same reason someone like me would die if I had to settle for San Francisco/Bay Area third rate everything - diversity, entertainment, shopping, dining. London is on a category you could only dream of.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:09 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
SF no doubt. London doesn't interest me much. I have a lot of respect for it, but I think it's overrated.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:11 PM

Have you been to London? I'm guessing no.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM

San Francisco will never have the charm, grace, sophistication and the grandness of London.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:15 PM

Quote:
The same reason someone like me would die if I had to settle for San Francisco/Bay Area third rate everything - diversity, entertainment, shopping, dining. London is on a category you could only dream of.
Haha London is not more diverse than the Bay Area, what a laugh. Darling I can drive for 70 miles through a vast area home to millions of people and no racial diversity. Some day you may get there mate. In the meantime watch and learn.

Furthermore,
London's food is way overrated, its shopping is actually kinda boring and all those trashy foreign oligarchs make the place look so tacky and gauche.

The countryside is cute tho. I used to enjoy it.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:17 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,700,318 times
Quote:
You're acting like SF is some small dusty town. lol. And where do you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World