Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 12:56 PM

1,222 posts, read 2,273,753 times

Advertisements

Waiting for it? 4 years? Impossible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2014, 01:56 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,157,363 times
Easiest and most straight forward way would be to join the French Foreign Legion provided you can get in. That costs a plane ticket to Paris, and if you're accepted you already have a job too. Just tell the fellow at immigration that you want to join the legion, and they'll take you aside to meet the recruiter. After a year or two in you get a French passport so once you're finished with your contract you could legally move to the UK.

More likely path would be to look into a job in the Middle East somewhere like Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, or the UAE. They typically hire Filipinoes and folks from the subcontinent, but a white guy who can speak with a US accent should be able to get a job fairly easily in a customer service job there. The income won't be western level, but it will be significantly better than what you get in Zimbabwe. Build up some savings while you wait to get a chance to move to a western country.

Really sad to see what has happened to Rhodesia.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:02 PM

16 posts, read 92,097 times
Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob702 View Post
So what visa were you on? Usually you receive a green card a few weeks after entering the country if married to a US citizen. If you're traveling there as a finance you have to apply for one within 90 days after entering (and after getting married, obviously). Did your mother have some sort of work visa or why did you guys never obtain green cards?
In case you were there illegally a new visa is probably going to be denied.
It is incorrect to say people are issued G cards within a few weeks of entering the USA.
What needs to be determined here is exactly what visa the O P entered on.
The mother could have entered on a C R 1 or IR 1 type for example. The children would have to have had a visa as well but the O P may have been too young to even know.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:46 PM

4,927 posts, read 5,294,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hararemark42796 View Post
I will look at getting GCSEs, but I think you are misunderstanding me sir.

I cannot get a student visa in Britain if I cannot prove I can pay the fees for the course plus living expenses.
I want a part time or full time job very much but the economy is terrible here and people hire their own kind before Europeans. Most of us made living by farming but the government has confiscated most of our land so we rely on what little farming we can still and sporadic payments from my ex-step father. Missionary charities help us with food and water and medicine sometimes.
And yes the tables have turned. After our country was granted independence from Britain it was called Rhodesia and ruled by a white minority government that mistreated africans. In 1979 it became zimbabwe and blacks got power, most white people left but my family stayed because they loved this country and they actually supported majority black rule. However our president decided that instead of making peace he wanted to settle scores against Europeans here by taking our land,'our rights and encouraging violence. He is a dictator. I never lived when it was a minority rule country. I've always lived in an independent zimbabwe and never supported racism but I have to pay for the sins of my ancestors...

And 1 British pound is almost 700 zimbabwe dollars so it would take a long time for me to save that money
Is there no way that your ex-step father can assist you and your mother? If, for nothing else, humanitarian reasons. Just grasping at straws, I know.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:20 PM

14,651 posts, read 14,572,886 times
Ghana is another African nation which is prospering, English-speaking and has a relaxed attitude towards whites.

Unfortunately, seeking asylum in the UK or US no longer seems to be an option if you're not an opposition politician in Zimbabwe (or gay), and even they are getting their applications denied. You may try migrating to S.A. or one of the better Western African countries, for safety reasons, and go from there. At least in a more neutral and prosperous country, you will have the opportunity for employment and hopefully education, whereas now you have none.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World