Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:10 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times

Advertisements

The aforementioned Finland. Actually many people are very honest here, it's true. A pizza guy handed me way too much back from a 50 euro bill. I didn't put it in my pocket, i notified him and gave it back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2014, 09:58 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
United States is not an honest country, it is all about ripping each other off and exploiting each other. It has been like this since the early 1900's (selling that bridge in Brooklyn).

Very right you are. All part of the ripoff mentality that the dollar is almighty. Houses built in this country are crap cause builders are crooks and do anything to save money and not give a crap about the future of the house. That is just one example. Food here in supermarkets is crap unless you pay a small fortune.

The US is one giant ripoff. Of course, most Americans are fine with that cause they hate govt and don't believe in regulation, unlike Europe.

Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 PM

417 posts, read 445,009 times
Those lists seem somewhat accurate and I agree with most of them.
From the honest list, I would add Singapore and the Netherlands. And remove the USA, not a country I consider honest.
I would add Peru to the dishonest list, but most others I agree with.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
The American government sure as hell ain't honest!

Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 AM

12,623 posts, read 13,924,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwindsforever View Post
The American government sure as hell ain't honest!

Corporate America is worse by far.

Old 07-16-2014, 06:33 AM

313 posts, read 531,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower_busty_dude View Post
Germany and Japan have become negative in Allies countries since world war two.
Did they treat their enemies well during the wars?
I think since then the West has a pretty positive view of them, actually, except for a few old people. WWII is a pretty long time ago.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:05 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Pounder View Post
My friend from Germany went to Persia and said they were extremely friendly and honest, and would let you know if you overpaid or whatever...a refreshing change from most of Asia.
Well, there are lots of Persians in LA, and they don't have the best reputation when it comes to honesty. A lot of it is because they have a different culture of negotiation, which I got well acquainted with when I sold cars in LA, and a lot of the ones present there were from the business/merchant/political middle-to-upper classes prior to the Islamic revolution.

How do people view businessmen, lawyers, and politicians in their own country, let alone immigrants who speak a different language and have a different culture?

But, I worked with lots of Persians in sales as well, and found most of them, especially the more recent immigrants, to be very warm, kind, and trustworthy people.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:23 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,667,670 times
The Belgian is inherently honest, incapable of deceit. As is the Burkinabe.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:58 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,116,314 times
I think the Japanese are polite & honorable but not necessarily "honest". Not transparent with what they're thinking- for various reasons- not to offend, to save face, etc etc. So they may come off one way but think another. The Chinese can have really bad manners but they are more straightforward.

The Thais are the most genuine and kind in Asia- India on the other end of the spectrum!

Somehow I wouldn't put Iran or Germany as "honorable." Germans are straightforward and in that sense "honest" but with those sharp tongues- hard to consider as "honorable", same with Dutch. Easy to get rubbed off the wrong way. No offense. Belgian and Swiss people are more demure for sure.

Scandinavians tend to be more honest & honorable (and not as hard-edged).

Last edited by f1000; 07-18-2014 at 10:07 AM..

Old 07-18-2014, 10:04 AM

1,574 posts, read 5,116,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavement Pounder View Post
My friend from Germany went to Persia and said they were extremely friendly and honest, and would let you know if you overpaid or whatever...a refreshing change from most of Asia.
I could imagine "friendly" but the second observation reveals how naïve or oblivious your friend is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World