Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2014, 02:14 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times

Advertisements

Snow came and went again this weekend. It better be back for the rest of winter by the time I come back from England!

New outdoor gym down the road from me

Snow at the corner of my road
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 03:33 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,454,891 times
Nice pictures. Here, start of winter was nice, but now everything is melting.

Old 12-16-2014, 06:32 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Here the highs are still in the fifties and the lows in the 30s so no snow...but that's typical for this time of year. The sunshine is glorious though!

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday of my crazy cat. I put this paper bag down on the floor KNOWING he couldn't resist it...and I was right!

Yes, he's large. He weighs 22 pounds. It's ridiculous. He's also pretty old - about ten years old. He gets around great though, which is amazing considering his weight!

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 AM..

Old 12-16-2014, 06:45 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here the highs are still in the fifties and the lows in the 30s so no snow...but that's typical for this time of year. The sunshine is glorious though!

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday of my crazy cat. I put this paper bag down on the floor KNOWING he couldn't resist it...and I was right!

Yes, he's large. He weighs 22 pounds. It's ridiculous. He's also pretty old - about ten years old. He gets around great though, which is amazing considering his weight!
great cat. but still not too old, i read story of a cat who made it to 38 or so.

I also know friends whose cat passed away 21.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
great cat. but still not too old, i read story of a cat who made it to 38 or so.

I also know friends whose cat passed away 21.
I can believe it!

We named our cat Cato, in honor of Inspector Clouseau's Asian employee he hired to do nothing but attack him unexpectedly. Which is what our Cato still does to this day. He's got a lot of life left in him apparently!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk_2-ib3ENc

Old 12-17-2014, 10:17 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times
I love my happy, and satisfying life. I alternate between getting extremely busy, and having lots of free time. I usually have a very late schedule this time of my life, and exactly what I want this time of my life. I am a successful college student finishing a double major in Architecture, and Computer Information Technology Web Developing Information Administration.

I am taking up to 5 Classes next semester instead of 2, although my earliest class is 5pm. I am involved in up to 5 Clubs in College for now: Business Club, Unicef United Nations Club, Science Club, Computer Science Club, and Student Advocacy Club. People unanimously voted me as official President of Business Club starting in January, and I am altering the name to Business International Organization Ethical Standards Club B.I.O.E.S.C. My Club started a Documentary Project focusing on successful Independent Businesses, and starting up Interviews there on Camera Video Records. I am involved in lots of other extracurricular activities outside of Clubs, including Short Term, Long Term volunteering Community Service, Scientific, Environmental, and Volunteer Work in a Bookstore. I have paid Online Computer Tech Work for my School for now.

I go to my favorite Independent Cafes almost everyday of my life, and those cafes have tons of soul, and character inside, ultra wealthy feeling ambiance. I go to bars, and nightclubs often. I travel quite frequently recently, including 5 Countries of Europe in 1 month this past summer, and having 2 separate homes simultaneously for now, and these homes are far away from each other 2,500 miles/4,023km between Home 1, and Home 2. I always feel I have enough exciting entertainment in my life. My utopian lifestyle is realistic, and possible in a high amount of countries all over the World.

Last edited by ; 12-17-2014 at 10:38 AM..

Old 12-17-2014, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
I love my happy, and satisfying life. I alternate between getting extremely busy, and having lots of free time. I usually have a very late schedule this time of my life, and exactly what I want this time of my life. I am a successful college student finishing a double major in Architecture, and Computer Information Technology Web Developing Information Administration.

I am taking up to 5 Classes next semester instead of 2, although my earliest class is 5pm. I am involved in up to 5 Clubs in College for now: Business Club, Unicef United Nations Club, Science Club, Computer Science Club, and Student Advocacy Club. People unanimously voted me as official President of Business Club starting in January, and I am altering the name to Business International Organization Ethical Standards Club B.I.O.E.S.C. My Club started a Documentary Project focusing on successful Independent Businesses, and starting up Interviews there on Camera Video Records. I am involved in lots of other extracurricular activities outside of Clubs, including Short Term, Long Term volunteering Community Service, Scientific, Environmental, and Volunteer Work in a Bookstore. I have paid Online Computer Tech Work for my School for now.

I go to my favorite Independent Cafes almost everyday of my life, and those cafes have tons of soul, and character inside, ultra wealthy feeling ambiance. I go to bars, and nightclubs often. I travel quite frequently recently, including 5 Countries of Europe in 1 month this past summer, and having 2 separate homes simultaneously for now, and these homes are far away from each other 2,500 miles/4,023km between Home 1, and Home 2. I always feel I have enough exciting entertainment in my life. My utopian lifestyle is realistic, and possible in a high amount of countries all over the World.
Sounds very fulfilling - thank you for the insight into your life!

Your life is very different from mine - other than the fulfilling part. I also really love my life and feel very blessed.

My husband has a great career as an oil and gas consultant, so a few years ago we decided that I should quit working full time so we could spend more time together when he is home (his work requires a lot of travel - domestic now but it has been to many foreign countries in the past). This was very exciting to me, because I have worked full time since my kids entered elementary school. I have been very busy since I quit the workforce three years ago though!

My husband and I have five adult kids ranging from 21 to 32 years old. Three of them are married and we have seven grandkids! This is a big family with lots of kids born close together, for people like my husband and I who are in our fifties and in excellent health.

Our family is a traditionally military family - several people from each generation tend to go into the military and we have many career military people, as well as veterans of wars, in our immediate family. Just in the past few years our kids have lived in Idaho, Texas, Virginia, Louisiana, Colorado, England and Guam and the military personnel have been all deployed at least once to the middle east. So - we do a lot of traveling to see those kids and grandkids!

Currently three of our five adult kids live in Texas so we feel we're doing better than usual (we also live in Texas). Plus, my husband and I each have both parents still living, though they are elderly and several are in pretty poor health. Still - they are all alive and my parents are still very active and in pretty good health (mine are younger than my husband's parents). They all live nearby so we are able to get together a pretty big bunch when we want to.

Tomorrow I am going with my daughter and her husband and their three perfect little girls to the zoo - woohooo! Then we will go over to see my parents for a bit.

We recently bought a home that we've been renovating. It's turned out great (we're nearly done). We needed a home with two guest rooms because of our large family and the frequent visitors we have.

We've got two big rescued dogs that we adopted when they were puppies. They're mutts and we are as crazy about them as if they were our own flesh and blood!

Speaking of adopting - kids, not dogs - my family is pretty big into adoption. My brother and my grandson were both adopted (forty years apart) from the same orphanage in Seoul, Korea. Adoption is expensive, so we all joined our money together to be able to bring my grandson to his new home six years ago. Then my son married a Korean girl last year! So we have ended up with a lot of Korean influence in our family.

We are a very racially diverse family anyway - but pretty heavy on the Koreans - LOL!

I do volunteer work. I teach a class on boundaries, for an organization that helps train women who have little formal education in computer and office skills, so they can transition into more professional and better paying jobs. The organization also helps place these women with employers who want to help give them a second chance in life. It's a great organization and it's very dear to me and I feel that the work and the women are precious gifts.

My husband and I travel a lot, and we like to take a big overseas vacation every two or three years (on the "off" years we do more frequent, smaller trips within the US).

We have a really good life and I am very grateful for it.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:22 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Here's our Christmas lights. Not too exciting and the photos are crappy but they actually do look very beautiful at night, especially when there's snow on the ground.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:45 AM

Here are a few typical scenes from the Hill Country and San Antonio, Texas in December - nippy and sometimes frosty but snow is a rarity:

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:14 AM..

Old 12-18-2014, 10:53 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,934,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Juno's first time experiencing snow in her life.......

....welcome to Canada, beautiful. I can't wait to see her reaction when the backyard looks like this again lol....
Wow, beautiful dog!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World