U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:00 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,104,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichCapeCod View Post
Nations do not have permanent allies, just permanent self-interest.
this.
/thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 07:52 PM

3,438 posts, read 4,839,814 times
If I could put it into simple terms:

Top allies of the almighty United States of America: All the freedom loving nations in the world
Enemies of the almighty United States of America: All the Commie and Mooslim, freedom hating nations in the world.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:17 PM

1,130 posts, read 2,646,259 times
Indonesia seems to have relatively good relationship with Russia, especially militarily, i wonder how the Russians felt about Indonesia or whether they just think of it as some random country.

As for allies and enemy, i could think of none actually, i would probably put Philippines as the closest ally we got and zero enemy state as far concerned. There's minor incidents between Indo and Aussie, Malaysia and NPG but didn't thinkit as something that could turn the table to war. relationship seems to be pretty stable.

We didn't think US as a bad nation btw or enemy, yes among the radicals sect but they're minority, generally we're cool with the US (if you recall well how Obama was praised here because he lived in Jakarta).

Old 07-31-2014, 08:19 PM

1,473 posts, read 1,104,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

Top allies of the almighty United States of America: All the freedom loving nations in the world
Enemies of the almighty United States of America: All the Commie and Mooslim, freedom hating nations in the world.
yeah, God Bless 'Murica!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8zO_DV09QE

Last edited by marlaver; 07-31-2014 at 08:33 PM..

Old 08-01-2014, 12:04 PM

2,350 posts, read 3,738,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post

That was funny as hell!

That must be the reason why Saudi Arabia is one of the top allies of the USA!

LOL!

Old 08-02-2014, 11:49 PM

1,242 posts, read 870,787 times
One of the things I enjoy about this post is that I'm an American. Some of you may dislike the United States, their leadership, their foreign policy and I may dislike the same things about your country, but as individuals we don't experience any of that. If a North Korean or Iranian were to log onto the City-Data World Forum and say, "Hello, American." I'd be like "Hi there, North Korean/Iranian." and we could be friends, despite apparent discrepancies in personal beliefs, global agenda and the fact that our leaders hate each other.

Now if only the whole rest of the world could see this. In a way I'd like to become friends with a person from an "enemy" nation, but I feel like most of the world pretty much thinks, "Eh, America, you're like that crazy, fat, balding uncle with lots of guns and a huge boat. Nobody really likes you, but you're kind of fun to have around anyway."

Old 08-03-2014, 03:02 AM

2,739 posts, read 2,113,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
For the US
Many Germans are upset because we have troops in there country.
There are not that many US troops left in Germany and it was the Italians who were upset by the US presence and expansion of some US bases in Italy in light of the Cavalese cable car disaster.

Cavalese cable car disaster (1998)

Old 08-03-2014, 04:09 AM

3,389 posts, read 3,536,504 times
Allies: I guess the anglo world and the EU.

Enemies: Alberta

Old 08-03-2014, 04:37 AM

1,237 posts, read 599,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamford View Post
There are not that many US troops left in Germany and it was the Italians who were upset by the US presence and expansion of some US bases in Italy in light of the Cavalese cable car disaster.

Cavalese cable car disaster (1998)
that's true, here there are also movements that protest against the US military bases in italy (in particular are famous the "no muos" protesters, that protest against the construction of 3 big parabolic parabolic antennas used for telecommunication by the US navy in sicily. that's they site No MUOS)
It's also true that a lot of people are still upset because of the Cavalese disaster, and a lot of other things.

but i'm sure that the most of italians still consider the US as allied.

about the enemies, it's not in the italian spirit to declare openly which are our enemies, we usually try to be diplomatic with everyone...

Old 08-03-2014, 07:36 AM

8,719 posts, read 4,734,700 times
Australia...

Allies: USA, UK, Canada, Indonesia, New Zealand...pretty much 90% of the world....

Enemy: North Korea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World