Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Least Safest First World Country?
Germany 3 1.57%
Canada 4 2.09%
France 16 8.38%
Italy 8 4.19%
Australia 2 1.05%
Sweden 7 3.66%
USA 128 67.02%
UK 6 3.14%
Spain 7 3.66%
Other (please mention) 10 5.24%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 06:43 AM

13,498 posts, read 18,161,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
What is the least safest 'rich' (or first world) country for tourists and citizens alike? I know that these countries in the poll are still relatively safe, but which comes rather close to the word "dangerous"?
In all of these countries the least safe areas are specific towns or areas. There are certainly places in the U.S. where I would feel very unsafe, but that would not be true for the majority of the country. And the same for the others on the list.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2016, 09:17 AM

11,556 posts, read 9,308,157 times
Probably the US. Nowhere else in Western Europe or East Asia do you have places like St. Louis or Baltimore

Old 08-17-2016, 11:20 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,045,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
Probably the US. Nowhere else in Western Europe or East Asia do you have places like St. Louis or Baltimore
Have you ever been to either place?

Old 08-17-2016, 11:46 AM

1,949 posts, read 6,455,004 times
the USA is a Very Dangerous place, everybody has a gun, but only the bad guys carry guns, and very few people have a permit to legally carry in areas with high crime, mostly only retired police can carry a gun.

Kids dont even go outside to play anymore, your kids cant even walk to the store to get some milk without risking an abduction , assault.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:16 PM

1,932 posts, read 2,466,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
the USA is a Very Dangerous place, everybody has a gun, but only the bad guys carry guns, and very few people have a permit to legally carry in areas with high crime, mostly only retired police can carry a gun.

Kids dont even go outside to play anymore, your kids cant even walk to the store to get some milk without risking an abduction , assault.
The USA is BEYOND dangerous...whenever I go outside I wear a bullet proof vest because I'm in CONSTANT fear of my life. I won't even let my dog go outside anymore....

Old 08-17-2016, 12:29 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,415,743 times
Quote:

?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????:shock ed::s hocked::shocke d::sh ocked::shocked ::con fused::con fused::con fused::con fused::con fused::con fused::eek ::confused ::confused ::confused :????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????

Old 08-17-2016, 12:46 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,875,176 times
Quote:

I live in an area with nice spacious homes built on decent sized lots the crime rate is quite low even then it is rare to see children playing outside down the street on the sidewalk kids play in fenced in backyards where I live for the most part. No-one that I know lets their kids walk to the store and everyone knows in which residences convicted sexual offenders live in(and yes people are concerned about their children being abducted, molested and even killed). There is no sense of community and neighbors don't watch out for each other everyone minds their own business and goes about living their own lives.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:49 PM

6,465 posts, read 8,170,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Sorry, but there is no place in the US where it is sport to prey on tourists. You can pull up isolated incidents all you want. OTH, thieves are totally rampant in highly touristic parts of France and Italy. Tourists get robbed EVERY SINGLE DAY in those places; they are targeted.
I think most are victims of pickpockets. The criminals in the US are more violent and often use guns.

Debunking The Myth That Tourists In New Orleans Are Safe From Being Victims Of Violent Crime
San Francisco: Tourist stabbed in head during robbery dies of injuries

Old 08-17-2016, 12:52 PM

6,465 posts, read 8,170,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
Have you ever been to either place?
Why would any tourist visit those places? Just look at this chart:

Old 08-17-2016, 01:43 PM

11,223 posts, read 16,404,774 times
I've got to say, I visit Detroit often, and I don't mean the suburbs to go shopping. I go downtown. I have never once felt unsafe. Granted, downtown Detroit and Mid-town are pretty safe. Like anywhere else in the world, don't put yourself in a bad situation, and you'll probably be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World