Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Least Safest First World Country?
Germany 3 1.57%
Canada 4 2.09%
France 16 8.38%
Italy 8 4.19%
Australia 2 1.05%
Sweden 7 3.66%
USA 128 67.02%
UK 6 3.14%
Spain 7 3.66%
Other (please mention) 10 5.24%
Voters: 191. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 05:40 AM

8,850 posts, read 8,369,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
"I don't have AIDS, so AIDS doesn't exist."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 06:34 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,036,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Did this happen to you? Talk about persecution complex.

Europe is safe. I've never been robbed or even pickpocketed and I'm like the easiest and most obvious target (Asian). Of course you have to be more careful when there are lots of tourists around or near big train stations.

I don't find America dangerous either, just that the guns are pretty scary, and the police seems violent, especially to African Americans. Other than those I feel that America is pretty ok crime wise.

Btw Spain and Italy are both very safe.
Please, I had to beat off a sleazy pickpocket in Florence. Broad daylight, right next to the Ponte Vecchio. Travel forums are loaded with similar stories and it's common knowledge that these dirtbags target tourists. They operate almost with impunity.

The fear of guns is a lack of exposure. I can walk into Walmart and buy knives or hammers too. I can go to a car dealership and buy a car. All of them are deadly weapons.

As for no go zones in the US, yes there are areas I'd advise people not to go if they don't have local knowledge. Same as there are in most European countries.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:41 AM

820 posts, read 948,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
Yes, I understand, after reading about the many mass shootings taking place in Spain and Italy and the amount of gun fanatics living in both countries one would be lead to believe that we're as bad.

Oh my bad, it actually doesn't happen.
You're just not very well informed.
People don t know it but 1/3 of terrorist attacks in Europe are in Spain. The only difference is terrorist attacks in Spain are not islamist attacks.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:57 AM

1,305 posts, read 1,121,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
I can walk into Walmart and buy knives or hammers too. I can go to a car dealership and buy a car. All of them are deadly weapons.
Correct, you can kill people from afar by masterfully throwing a knife at them, and you can cause a massacre as terrible as you woulod with a gun by ricocheting a hammer, so you should totes be as afraid of hammers as you would of a gun.

Here we have regulations about the size of the blade for white weapons to ensure they're as harmless as possible. Just as you can't carry firearms, you can't go around the street carrying knifes bigger than 11 Cm, and no double edge allowed. You can't even buy them without authorization.
And it's taken pretty seriously, you really don't wanna get caught carrying any illegal weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
People don t know it but 1/3 of terrorist attacks in Europe are in Spain. The only difference is terrorist attacks in Spain are not islamist attacks.
Are you aware of the fact that ETA is no more? There are no more terrorists in Spain.
And like I said, even when ETA was around Spain was safer than the US will ever be.

Last edited by Arigarisha; 08-18-2016 at 07:13 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 07:26 AM

2,631 posts, read 2,036,025 times
I prefer freedom and its inherent risks over having every aspect of my life regulated. It's a concept many Europeans do not understand, but I do. Sadly, the young and coddled Americans don't get it and are becoming more like Europeans everyday. The kids have no guts.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:36 AM

1,305 posts, read 1,121,014 times
No, we understand your concept. It's just like toddlers getting angry when they're not allowed to drink bleach, sure I understand what's going on in his little brain as I take the bottle of burning chemicals away from him.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:44 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,838,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
I prefer freedom and its inherent risks over having every aspect of my life regulated. It's a concept many Europeans do not understand, but I do. Sadly, the young and coddled Americans don't get it and are becoming more like Europeans everyday. The kids have no guts.
The educated one's are anyway to the consternation of many but I look forward to them over time replacing old Republicans at the poll booths. It is clear who will win the cultural war the writing is on the wall.

Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,826,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The educated one's are anyway to the consternation of many but I look forward to them over time replacing old Republicans at the poll booths. It is clear who will win the cultural war the writing is on the wall.
The writing is on the wall, by that you mean Trump 2016 written on campuses causing sjw's to go ape****?

Old 08-18-2016, 09:40 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,838,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
The writing is on the wall, by that you mean Trump 2016 written on campuses causing sjw's to go ape****?
Nope but this election is an extremely important cultural battle and Liberals will not be resting on their laurels on election day despite what the polls indicate. A Trump presidency would be a disgrace on the world stage and he would be the worse possible role model for our children. Anyway he has a lot of support from the NRA wing nuts and those with a poor vocabulary(they really appreciate him dummying down his speeches).

Old 08-18-2016, 10:12 AM

18,502 posts, read 15,409,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arigarisha View Post
No, we understand your concept. It's just like toddlers getting angry when they're not allowed to drink bleach, sure I understand what's going on in his little brain as I take the bottle of burning chemicals away from him.
Some Americans have been convinced that gun ownership equals freedom. It's ridiculous to any thinking adult of course and all the logic you can throw at them does no good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World