Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 06:42 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,823,200 times

Advertisements

This is another Namibia story and a pattern Ive noticed not only on this forum but in real life.

Anglos seem to be scared of people who are dark

while the other nationalities here see the local Africans with normality, the germans make an effort to interact with the namibians and learn as much about them, the israeli is sort of meh he doesn't really focus on them, but the american and the british see the namibians as if they were some strange creatures from another planet.

And yes like the people on this forum from the US who can never shut up about race, they also talk about race here even the british guy!

they call namibians black, which is so offensive.... call them hereros or namib as those ARE their really ethnicities, not just black!! just because in your ignorant anglo country they call them black it doesn't mean they have no culture!!! I told the american girl that and yes I wanted to be confrontational because she's annoying me now!

they are like afraid, and white south africans too.... don't go out and watch out when speaking to namib men omg be careful!!! NOTHING has happened to me!!!

it's like if you're white speak english as your mother tongue, then you're destine to be obsessed with people's skin colors and afraid of people who are darker than you!!!

The Finnish guy was saying that english speaking societies, are societies with a lot of racial issues and oppressive history based on exterminating entire populations so they are just trying to redeem themselves, but its a bit tiresome....

am I the only one who has noticed this with white english speakers?

Old 05-17-2015, 06:47 PM

1,784 posts, read 2,195,565 times
Wtf?

Old 05-17-2015, 06:49 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,195,765 times
I am so sorry...I don't know the answer...bless you.

1,260 posts, read 1,680,024 times
Any time you have to start a post with the words "No Offense", then you know you are probably about to say something offensive.
The words No Offense, do not cancel that out.

1,770 posts, read 1,647,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
This is another Namibia story and a pattern Ive noticed not only on this forum but in real life.

while the other nationalities here see the local Africans with normality, the germans make an effort to interact with the namibians and learn as much about them, the israeli is sort of meh he doesn't really focus on them, but the american and the british see the namibians as if they were some strange creatures from another planet.

And yes like the people on this forum from the US who can never shut up about race, they also talk about race here even the british guy!

they call namibians black, which is so offensive.... call them hereros or namib as those ARE their really ethnicities, not just black!! just because in your ignorant anglo country they call them black it doesn't mean they have no culture!!! I told the american girl that and yes I wanted to be confrontational because she's annoying me now!

they are like afraid, and white south africans too.... don't go out and watch out when speaking to namib men omg be careful!!! NOTHING has happened to me!!!

it's like if you're white speak english as your mother tongue, then you're destine to be obsessed with people's skin colors and afraid of people who are darker than you!!!

The Finnish guy was saying that english speaking societies, are societies with a lot of racial issues and oppressive history based on exterminating entire populations so they are just trying to redeem themselves, but its a bit tiresome....

Give me a break. I think it's hilarious how you are trashing on people for talking about race and that is exactly what you are doing here.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:52 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,823,200 times
why so offended?

its a legitimate question

its like this behavior of mistrust, almost like OMG these fellas are black (watch out)

I didn't get that vibe with other nationalities

Old 05-17-2015, 06:55 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,961,628 times
Quote:

You should change that to SOME I could care less what color your skin is, if we are friends we are friends. If we would want to date we would date, well when I wasn't married.

SOME humans only care that you are human so do not toss your blanket over everyone.

In my experience though only those who are obsessed with the issue are the ones who bring it up all the time......

Old 05-17-2015, 07:12 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,875,324 times
"English speaking people" means something like 500 million people.
You certainly know a lot of people.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:15 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,035,541 times
Quote:

Exactly.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:19 PM

366 posts, read 978,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
Give me a break. I think it's hilarious how you are trashing on people for talking about race and that is exactly what you are doing here.
So are you implying that it is unacceptable for the OP to speak against Anglo white racism whereas it is acceptable for white people to discuss issues with non-whites?

Give me a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.