Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 05:55 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,290,120 times

Advertisements

I have traveled to a lot of places and I would not want to live anywhere else.

For a person like me, with a Conservative, individualistic, Capitalistic, pro-gun, anti-Government mentality, Europe would not be a good fit.

Just like California, New York, New Jersey would not be good places for me because I don't agree with Liberal values.

I guess what pisses people off in other countries is the fact that the USA is very good at marketing- it sells a lot of BS to other countries through Hollywood, sitcoms and other means of communication.

Even if China became the wealthiest country in the world, it will never have the same cultural influence that the USA has because most people in the world don't care, don't understand and have little interest in Chinese culture.

On the other hand, any stupid American sitcom(Baywatch, for example) becomes a hit all over the world with little effort-there is something about the USA that fascinates people all over the world.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:13 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,262,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
I have traveled to a lot of places and I would not want to live anywhere else.

For a person like me, with a Conservative, individualistic, Capitalistic, pro-gun, anti-Government mentality, Europe would not be a good fit.

Just like California, New York, New Jersey would not be good places for me because I don't agree with Liberal values.

I guess what pisses people off in other countries is the fact that the USA is very good at marketing- it sells a lot of BS to other countries through Hollywood, sitcoms and other means of communication.

Even if China became the wealthiest country in the world, it will never have the same cultural influence that the USA has because most people in the world don't care, don't understand and have little interest in Chinese culture.

On the other hand, any stupid American sitcom(Baywatch, for example) becomes a hit all over the world with little effort-there is something about the USA that fascinates people all over the world.
Well, I find Toddlers and Tiaras and Honey Boo fascinating. That's ten pounds of crazy in a five pound bag.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:24 PM

230 posts, read 329,293 times
Most people actually love America and the Americans but many do get annoyed by the US government, its politics and laws/customs.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
New Jersey is not that liberal; still blue laws and many conservative laws and politics. The governor is a republican.

Parts of California (especially Southern Cali) places like Orange County are conservative. Bay area is liberal.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:26 PM

4,105 posts, read 5,527,445 times
Quote:
Well, a lot of it is jealousy. The USA is the only superpower in the world and it controls and influences all countries in the world.
Perfect example of why everyone hates Americans. Arrogant and untrue statements like this.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:27 PM

83 posts, read 113,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I'd say posts like this are quintessentially why the very people accused of hating America have some disdain for it or atleast elements of it - individuals like you who personify this we are better than everyone, everyone is jealous of us because we're the best, we are the superpower gods of the world, we control everyone else and everyone else needs us and you better like it because its good for you!
^^ This. Americans have a negative reputation around the world because many Americans have this, "We are the best, and have the best of EVERYTHING!" attitude, without having been anywhere else in the world to actually substantiate their opinion. Not to mention how this country was acquired and built and how America drags other nations into it's unnecessary wars. I really don't feel there's anything to be proud of concerning being an American.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
Perfect example of why everyone hates Americans. Arrogant and untrue statements like this.
But is is true though.. America is the only superpower currently in the world and does influence the world.
It's not the best country in terms of everything though...

Old 08-29-2014, 06:39 PM

4,105 posts, read 5,527,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivierad View Post
But is is true though.. America is the only superpower currently in the world and does influence the world.
It's not the best country in terms of everything though...
It's not the best country in terms of anything other than their ability to blow the entire planet to hell.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:41 PM

10,000 posts, read 8,521,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameriscot View Post
It's not the best country in terms of anything other than their ability to blow the entire planet to hell.
And don't you forget it.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:44 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,144,090 times
if for no good reason at all, you invaded my country and caused the death of 1 million people, and did special op and drone kills on most of my leaders, i might not like you that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World