Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2014, 07:35 AM

14,818 posts, read 11,930,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
You are delusional, my friend. Imagine if the world had to depend on the EU to intervene in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places. The USA is the only country that is willing to intervene militarily every time there is a crisis somewhere.
Do you honestly believe its only American troops sent to these places, or it because US news only reports that its only American troops involved?

Old 09-06-2014, 07:40 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The EU is the worlds largest super power, that it is not a single country anymore like in the old days may be difficult to accept for Americans or Russians.
Great - I'm ready for them to be the largest military super power in the world - because that's when they will truly become the world's largest super power.

Sad but true.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:09 AM

14,771 posts, read 17,061,515 times
Quote:
You are delusional, my friend. Imagine if the world had to depend on the EU to intervene in Iraq, Afghanistan and other places. The USA is the only country that is willing to intervene militarily every time there is a crisis somewhere.
How disrespectful to the loss of armed forces from other nations.

What an idiotic post.

Old 09-06-2014, 08:16 AM

3,092 posts, read 1,936,694 times
I don't like to use the word 'hate', but I do dislike America intensely. (btw I am an American, not a foreigner)

There are many reasons for this, but my number one problem with America the pretense by which America operates.

Examples:

America claims to be a bastion of freedom, yet we nothing close to a free country.
America claims to be a nation of justice, but the entire system is based upon corruption, fraud, and graft.
America claims to be a Christian nation, yet Christians are shunned and oppressed.
America claims to be a nation of opportunity and social mobility, yet the opposite is generally true.

Old 09-06-2014, 09:50 AM

131 posts, read 167,795 times
They hate us because they believe in those "all americans are fat, ignorant and stupid" stereotypes...
Also generally countries hate countries that are more powerful or as they see as a threat...
People in certain countries generally don't like America, but they take in all our music, movies and food....

Old 09-06-2014, 10:05 AM

3,284 posts, read 3,772,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post
I don't like to use the word 'hate', but I do dislike America intensely. (btw I am an American, not a foreigner)

There are many reasons for this, but my number one problem with America the pretense by which America operates.

Examples:

America claims to be a bastion of freedom, yet we nothing close to a free country.
America claims to be a nation of justice, but the entire system is based upon corruption, fraud, and graft.
America claims to be a Christian nation, yet Christians are shunned and oppressed.
America claims to be a nation of opportunity and social mobility, yet the opposite is generally true.

How are Christians shunned and oppressed. Why do Christians in the USA exaggerate about everything?

Shunned and oppressed are Native American religious beliefs.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:11 AM

131 posts, read 167,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysgenic View Post

Examples:

1. No country is free
2. Please have you seen India justice system
3. How?
4. Bull, if you want to make it big you come to one of our leading universities or silicon valley

Old 09-06-2014, 10:36 AM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
The EU is the worlds largest super power, that it is not a single country anymore like in the old days may be difficult to accept for Americans or Russians.
Maybe we should more clearly define what "superpower" is.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
The people who migrate to the USA don't hate it, and indeed often try to deflect criticisms of it when we meet with relatives from back home, or those who migrated elsewhere. With all its faults the USA is by far the most accommodating to immigrants.

The reason why the USA isn't liked by people who live elsewhere is that this country often behaves like the clumsy bully in the room, not listening to others.

Look at Iraq. We have made a mess of that entire region, and it is real hard to argue that George Bush's intervention improved things. Yes the very bully that I am referring to.

Now we have ISIS.

Ukraine. European country, yet the USA is involved, and in turns out that the Ukraine govt mightn't be much better off than the Russians.

We need to stay home and let the rest of the world solve its problems. We have more than enough of our own, and our mediocre standings when compared to most other wealth nations is evidence of that, when ever any metric of quality of life is cited.
^^^This exactly!

Old 09-06-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
That doesn't make us a superpower, it makes us super stupid!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.