Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 12:59 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,551,395 times

Advertisements

I came to dislike America, when Firefly was cancelled before it's first season even finished.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:00 AM

985 posts, read 1,846,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
The world hates America, because America hates itself, and it shows. And Americans hate each other.
The world does not know that America hates itself. On the contrary, what we constantly see is that Americans love their country, more than most other countries do.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:12 AM

985 posts, read 1,846,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post

Citizens should not be held responsible for the actions of their Government but IT IS our duty to expose the corruption.
If citizens elect a government without knowing beforehand what the (wrongful) actions are going to be like, they might not be responsible. Otherwise they are.

Old 09-19-2014, 10:17 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,382,179 times
the problem with democracy is most common people are dumbasses. 5% of Americans can locate Iraq on a map and yet their opinion is what decide whether we go to war with them?

if you want to help America educate yourself on history and the rest of the world

Old 09-19-2014, 11:10 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
the problem with democracy is most common people are dumbasses. 5% of Americans can locate Iraq on a map and yet their opinion is what decide whether we go to war with them?

if you want to help America educate yourself on history and the rest of the world
Yes and you are so amazing and smart... everyone must bow down to you!

Old 09-19-2014, 01:23 PM

9,446 posts, read 10,738,988 times
w
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
The world does not know that America hates itself. On the contrary, what we constantly see is that Americans love their country, more than most other countries do.

Americans do bicker with one another, but in the end we do love our country even if we dislike our government. I think people from all nations have nationalism in their blood. I have been to Europe and nationalism is alive and well there too. I was in Germany in the 1980s and saw a lot of national pride there, of course Europe has become even more liberal since those days so it may have changed. Nothing wrong with having national pride unless it motivates you to invade your neighbor. I loved visiting Europe and especially in Britain and Germany there is a lot to be proud of. I think we in America have a lot to be proud of as well. We also have things to look back on with regret, as I know European nations also do. People around the world badmouth the US because we have become powerful, but we have used that power far more times for good than bad. When we do the wrong thing usually we had good intentions that went wrong. When things go wrong in the world other nations call on us to help, then several years later they are burning our flag in the streets. Look at Bosnia and Kosovo, look at Kuwait, Somalia, Haitti, the Tsunami in Indonesia, our efforts to help rebuild in and secure Western Europe after WW2, Japan after WW2. Currently 3000 US troops are on their way to help in the Ebola region in Africa. They are at grave risk for the disease, but yet we are hated. If you add up the cost of all these things to us in blood and treasure the its clear we have paid a huge price in the name of doing the right thing, but we are still hated. We Americans get really tired of it, and a lot of us wish we could go back to being isolationist and give up the whole "superpower" thing. The trouble is the other nations waiting to fill the power vaccume if we do that are China, Russia or maybe a new Muslim Caliphate (Isis) in the middle east. The world cannot afford those powers to take on more influence and control because its likely they will do evil with it. Especially the muslim world, and Putins Russia has proven his evil intent in Ukraine. The Chinese are questionable, but not worth the chance. Maybe Europe needs to take more of a lead, then the world will not always look to us. Believe it or not we are tired of it, obviously no one appreciates it. I support the EU doing it instead, we have done our time.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:42 PM

1,608 posts, read 3,061,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I came to dislike America, when Firefly was cancelled before it's first season even finished.

lol

Old 09-23-2014, 09:49 AM

377 posts, read 668,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivierad View Post
New Jersey is not that liberal; still blue laws and many conservative laws and politics. The governor is a republican.

Parts of California (especially Southern Cali) places like Orange County are conservative. Bay area is liberal.
Hello? have you read about New Jersey gun laws??? That is enough to keep him not wanting to be in Jersey. You can't cross the border with your legal permit to carry from another state or you will be arrested and thrown in jail like this poor woman...

Philly mom faces jailtime due to New Jersey's strict gun laws

Old 09-24-2014, 02:44 AM

150 posts, read 173,105 times
I'm an American who hates America! It's not just foreigners.

In fact, if they knew what I know, they would hate us enough to bomb us off the face of the planet.

Old 09-24-2014, 05:04 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,184,295 times
Russia surprised by the actions of the United States. For example, when you bomb Syria without a UN resolution. But I would not say that we hate. "Hate" is too strong a word in the Russian language. More suitable words "irritation". But this does not apply to ordinary people, everyone understands that it is the policy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.