Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 12:52 PM

16,573 posts, read 27,285,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Okay fine ignore that part of the post about middle class people moving to California and read the rest of it.
Ok I read the rest of it (again). I still only see you looking at things from your own little corner of the world.

Old 10-08-2014, 01:20 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times
I just thought the California-rest of USA relation would be a good example.

We have a higher quality of life here in the upper midwest, but many people go out of their way to explain why we are so much better than California, they say hateful things about people in California and over exaggerate the issues in California but secretly we envy.. but its not that we want to live there we just don't get all the attention, tourism, there is not as much to do, its more relevant, more powerful. we know all these things are the truth but no one is going to tell you that straight up.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I just thought the California-rest of USA relation would be a good example.

We have a higher quality of life here in the upper midwest, but many people go out of their way to explain why we are so much better than California, they say hateful things about people in California and over exaggerate the issues in California but secretly we envy.. but its not that we want to live there we just don't get all the attention, tourism, there is not as much to do, its more relevant, more powerful. we know all these things are the truth but no one is going to tell you that straight up.
Come on, you know most Americans have an unusual disdain for California. It's been a while but you used to participate in the CA forums. I know from personal experience in Oregon. Washington, a little but not as much.

Now I would say that due to your lower cost of living that your quality of life very likely is higher. I can agree with that because mine was higher when I was in Washington. I love California but living here isn't easy.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:42 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,242,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Come on, you know most Americans have an unusual disdain for California. It's been a while but you used to participate in the CA forums. I know from personal experience in Oregon. Washington, a little but not as much.
I think it's more limited to certain CD types. I think California is still looked upon slightly favorably in the Northeast.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
I think it's more limited to certain CD types. I think California is still looked upon slightly favorably in the Northeast.
I know what you mean haha but like I said, I too have experienced in real life as well as friends of mine. Maybe there is some truth but perhaps greatly exaggerated by those C-D types.

Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,677,250 times
Who says the quality of life is worse in california, then the rest of the us.
What is your definition for Quality of Life?
I would prefer a great climate, beautiful scenery and the ability to go to the beach.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:27 AM

4,534 posts, read 4,910,794 times
They hate out politics, but most of the time they don't hate our people I think.

I know immigrants from Nigeria that came over here 10 years ago that now work in our hospital. They say all of the time that, yes, the US is not perfect, but they would not want to be anywhere else in the world. In Nigeria, people are murdered all of the time and no one, even the cops, gives a crap unless you are important or are part of their corrupt system. Over here though, they say, if you are murdered, at least police will look into it no matter who you are, where you are from, or how wealthy you are.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
Who says the quality of life is worse in california, then the rest of the us.
What is your definition for Quality of Life?
I would prefer a great climate, beautiful scenery and the ability to go to the beach.
Just looking at rankings

OECD: The states with the best

However i notice that it isnt a good comparison because California is much larger in population than these states.

Those states probably don't have counties as rich as Marin County.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:43 AM

27,330 posts, read 28,403,686 times
It would make more sense to envy California if it were the wealthiest or most powerful area of the United States.

But alas. ;-)

Old 10-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It would make more sense to envy California if it were the wealthiest or most powerful area of the United States.

But alas. ;-)
Visit the California forum LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World