Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2014, 12:39 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,875,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SthrnCarolinaGrl View Post
Some Canadians do the same thing just in different, but just as vile ways. There are some people on CD that just have to have a go at someone for whatever reason. I sure wouldn't waste my time being upset by something a user with the name 'pull my finger' wrote. I think the name is self explanatory.

I feel the same way about Canadians trashing the US for everything under the sun, meanwhile sunning themselves in the middle of winter on Florida beach enjoying their US condo. Stay the fu.. up in your ice box if you feel the need to insult this country constantly.

I don't know a single American that has ever said we have a right to take their resources. But imo this resource thing is a fav topic of Canadians who love to go on and on about how much we want their precious resources, or how lucky they are to have all these abundant resources and the US has none, blah, blah. It's total crap. They seem to forget we have plenty of resources for a nation of over 300M. It is exactly why the US ended up being so large and wealthy.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:20 PM

264 posts, read 387,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
LOL!

I rest my case.
Hahaha. ^ drro is known as one of the most despicable anti-American stereotyping trolls on here, as you can see.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:22 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,296,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
Maybe, but anyway stereotypes about Americans or the country as a whole are for about 80 - 90% true. For example, what they say about people from the Southern states, people from trailer parks, the standard of dental care in those places, their level of education or lack thereof, their choice of vehicular transportation, their superficial friendliness, etc. I like stereotypes, they make my life much easier.
Well, if I believed the stereotype about the Netherlands, I would automatically think you were open minded and evolved. Someone always dispels these myths don't they?

Old 10-17-2014, 06:59 PM

57 posts, read 180,816 times
Well USA is a great country but we are kind of evil...we invaded Iraq....

Old 10-18-2014, 03:01 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,762,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by november4 View Post
Well USA is a great country but we are kind of evil...we invaded Iraq....
What are you talking about? That was a splendid little war...or not.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:07 PM

659 posts, read 937,730 times
Major thing I hate about America is that if you ever decide to move abroad, you get taxed. No matter where you are in the world, you'll always be double-taxed. This is why some Americans give up their citizenship when they move abroad, to escape getting double-taxed.

Imagine, you spend 20 years in lovely Italy building a nice future, with plans to eventually come back to the USA when you retire someday....but wait, you have to deal with the nightmare of going back and forth through the embassy, submitting your exhausting list of paperwork to the IRS, and keeping everything tidy just to keep Uncle Sam happy. Eventually, you'll snap :/

The USA is losing its citizens by taxing abroad. Japan used to do this and then stopped, now the United States of America is the only country in the world that is doing this. If the USA does away with this practice of double-taxation, then I bet you that a lot of the expats will keep their citizenship, allowing them to come back to the USA someday... either them or their kids.

Old 10-18-2014, 01:27 PM

4,499 posts, read 6,320,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
Major thing I hate about America is that if you ever decide to move abroad, you get taxed. No matter where you are in the world, you'll always be double-taxed. This is why some Americans give up their citizenship when they move abroad, to escape getting double-taxed.

Imagine, you spend 20 years in lovely Italy building a nice future, with plans to eventually come back to the USA when you retire someday....but wait, you have to deal with the nightmare of going back and forth through the embassy, submitting your exhausting list of paperwork to the IRS, and keeping everything tidy just to keep Uncle Sam happy. Eventually, you'll snap :/

The USA is losing its citizens by taxing abroad. Japan used to do this and then stopped, now the United States of America is the only country in the world that is doing this. If the USA does away with this practice of double-taxation, then I bet you that a lot of the expats will keep their citizenship, allowing them to come back to the USA someday... either them or their kids.
That's what tax treaties are for, I assume?

Old 10-18-2014, 07:44 PM

125 posts, read 162,707 times
People hate the US because it's on their TV screens and it invites comparisons that are usually lacking in nuance. You can't understand a place by watching it on television.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:59 PM

11,048 posts, read 16,790,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post

Yup, as an American living in China, I agree.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:17 PM

125 posts, read 162,707 times
There's no double taxation here in Australia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.