Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Thanks for the link Katherine, very interesting, I can see what it is now, its a kind of country music? It is a sound I would associate with the Southern USA, I have to be honest with you its not really my cup of tea.
It's music with roots in the UK but which developed into this distinctive style in the Appalachians and other rural areas of the US.

To each his own. And to clarify, I don't sit around and listen to this for hours - to me it's sort of like Jimi Hendrix or Aerosmith - great in small doses but a bit much for background music!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 08:44 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohan Shinde View Post
Ive heard Ironhorse , think they perform covers of Metallica that to exclusively.
Whenever i think of bluegrass and country , i feel it was invented by arm chaired amateurs with their chairs mostly located in rural USA
When I think of Metallica or Ironhorse, I feel they were invented by prepubescent boys and that their guitars are phallic symbols and the word "overcompensation" springs immediately to my mind.

But hey, that's just my take on it!

Old 09-08-2014, 10:20 AM

526 posts, read 1,510,241 times
I guess many "Black" stereotypes refer to people with West African (either Christian or Pagan) background and most "White" stereotypes refer to people with Western/Northern European background. Somalians, Ethiopians and Muslim Sahel people don't fit into the "Black" category as African-Americans or Ghanaians do and Sicilians, Russians, Greeks or Romanians don't fit into the "White" category as White Americans, Germans or British people do. Most Southern Europeans don't love animals as much as the English or Germans do, most Ethiopians aren't into dancing or eating chicken etc. as the West Africans (and their descendants) supposedly are. And Italians or Greeks definitely are better dancers on average than us Germans.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:47 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,069,491 times
Americans are Americans, they are not African or European, as to race, I don't think they are Africans or Europids.

Old 09-10-2014, 01:59 PM

338 posts, read 333,546 times
Europeans except the british and dutch don't eat peanut butter because nutella is too popular there.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:04 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brabham12 View Post
I guess many "Black" stereotypes refer to people with West African (either Christian or Pagan) background and most "White" stereotypes refer to people with Western/Northern European background. Somalians, Ethiopians and Muslim Sahel people don't fit into the "Black" category as African-Americans or Ghanaians do and Sicilians, Russians, Greeks or Romanians don't fit into the "White" category as White Americans, Germans or British people do. Most Southern Europeans don't love animals as much as the English or Germans do, most Ethiopians aren't into dancing or eating chicken etc. as the West Africans (and their descendants) supposedly are. And Italians or Greeks definitely are better dancers on average than us Germans.
This association with black people and chicken is very inaccurate EVERYBODY around the world seem to "love" chicken in one form or another.

Old 09-10-2014, 02:16 PM

4,499 posts, read 6,319,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
This association with black people and chicken is very inaccurate EVERYBODY around the world seem to "love" chicken in one form or another.
I wouldn't even know about that stereotype without all those American comedy shows Doesn't even make sense to most Austrians since a variety of fried chicken is considered to be one of our national dishes...

Old 09-11-2014, 04:58 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
I wouldn't even know about that stereotype without all those American comedy shows Doesn't even make sense to most Austrians since a variety of fried chicken is considered to be one of our national dishes...
You see the world has love affair with the humble Jungle fowl. Every culture seem to have its own favourite Chicken dish.

Old 09-11-2014, 05:17 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,494,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahhammer View Post
Europeans except the british and dutch don't eat peanut butter because nutella is too popular there.
I eat both. But I prefer Nutella.

Old 10-04-2014, 09:24 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,895,611 times
Asians being bad drivers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World