Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 01:48 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,790,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodWayOfDoingThat View Post
I think it's a media/government ploy that's being blown wildly out of proportion. America is probably just looking for an excuse to start yet another fake war.
America has no desire to go to war with NK.

Remember what happened when the Obama administration tried to drum up support for a ground war in Syria not long ago? The outcry was massive and they backed off. The US is war-weary. If you don't realize that, you don't have your eyes open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2015, 05:54 PM

11,645 posts, read 12,870,585 times
I still prefer it over Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Uganda and Jamaica.

Old 01-02-2015, 02:46 AM

827 posts, read 625,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
I still prefer it over Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nigeria, Uganda and Jamaica.
It's a chock for me to see Russia in the middle of those country.

Old 01-02-2015, 04:38 AM

5,037 posts, read 7,453,234 times
I just feel sorry for the people, they were not asked if it was a good idea to split Korea in two and give the north half over to the Russians.

I would not mind doing the tour, and have technically been crossed the South/North Korean border for few minutes via the DMZ. However don't think I will ever get the opportunity to do it.

Old 01-02-2015, 05:59 AM

10,629 posts, read 15,952,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Why would you put Jamaica on that list man, Not everywhere is like Kingston.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:25 AM

11,645 posts, read 12,870,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Why would you put Jamaica on that list man, Not everywhere is like Kingston.
They're excessively homophobic. Maybe if I were straight I wouldn't have done so. So I don't know...

Even if North Korea is homophobic, it isn't as vocal about it as Russia and Jamaica.

Old 01-03-2015, 05:53 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,100,675 times
Life is too short to worry ( except for any nutty nuclear dreams) about this place

Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 PM

2 posts, read 1,620 times
We must engage regardless of the record on human rights etc.

Ignoring them is very dangerous.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:31 AM

11 posts, read 15,449 times
Their leader is about to have his state visit to Indonesia! and Russia as well, his brother is spotted among some major cities in the world and one of them is in Jakarta :P (you need to translate it)

http://news.liputan6.com/read/205450...storan-jakarta

From what i've read from certain sources they're not as suppressed as the extreme media have claimed the country to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
They're excessively homophobic. Maybe if I were straight I wouldn't have done so. So I don't know...

Even if North Korea is homophobic, it isn't as vocal about it as Russia and Jamaica.
In Communism being gay = death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clean Air View Post
We must engage regardless of the record on human rights etc.

Ignoring them is very dangerous.
And have what? war which will lead to death to thousands of Koreans? so that the world order can establish capitalism in Pyongyang?

Old 02-02-2015, 08:19 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,597,625 times
Re: 'capitalism in Pyongyang'

If so I'd say it sure won't be the 'Western' kind. Probably more along the lines of China's. China really among all countries in the world is the DPRK's safety valve. Without their backing especially in trade, I think it would be difficult for the country to even exist. Without China, the DPRK woukd be an example of a Stalinist economy on its deathbed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World