Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:10 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,576,860 times

Advertisements

Why are we excluding Western Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2014, 06:12 PM

2,846 posts, read 4,576,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
India? India is one of the filthiest countries in the world and most of the Indians I see here don't even wear deodorant. Have you seen what an "Eastern" latrine is like in India? No toilet paper, people basically use their bare hands to wipe their asses.

Most Asian and Middle East countries with the exception of Japan are extremely filthy. South Americans are perhaps more into cleanliness than Americans but go to any public restroom in South America and more often than not, it is disgusting.

I think the USA has a pretty good standard of cleanliness overall but there are many people here that do not bathe regularly.

This is the same in Western Europe as well. Trust, I live here and you can smell people. I never smelled people in Japan.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 PM

83 posts, read 113,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
So... people in North, Central and South Europe are filthy?? Talking about stereotypes...
I have absolutely no idea where you got stereotyping from....I excluded the regions that I did because I have no desire to visit or move to any of those regions.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:23 PM

61,263 posts, read 86,169,461 times
^^^ Well you didn't explained that in your OP.

Old 09-12-2014, 06:33 PM

83 posts, read 113,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
^^^ Well you didn't explained that in your OP.
I thought it would be common sense, I apologize.

Old 09-12-2014, 07:18 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,770,077 times
Brazilians beat everybody! They take like 3 showers per day, not kidding!

Mexicans do as well- I was never allowed to be even a bit dirty. My clothes was always spotless too. When you go to the most humble homes and towns, people are pretty clean.

Most Americans have high standards of cleanliness.

Definitely not Italians and Spaniards. I lived and studied with many of them, they have very low standards of personal hygiene. I was shocked by what I saw and smelled(lol) actually.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:25 PM

131 posts, read 167,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Brazilians beat everybody! They take like 3 showers per day, not kidding!

Mexicans do as well- I was never allowed to be even a bit dirty. My clothes was always spotless too. When you go to the most humble homes and towns, people are pretty clean.

Most Americans have high standards of cleanliness.

Definitely not Italians and Spaniards. I lived and studied with many of them, they have very low standards of personal hygiene. I was shocked by what I saw and smelled(lol) actually.
lol Europeans dress very well but smell terrible...I find the exact opposite for Americans

Old 09-12-2014, 11:35 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,216,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdw1084 View Post
[/b]

This is the same in Western Europe as well. Trust, I live here and you can smell people. I never smelled people in Japan.
A large percentage of East Asian people lack the glands responsible for armpit odor. It has nothing to do with hygeine. On the other hand, I have heard it said that many Japanese men have bad breath and don't change their underwear often. At least that is what a Japanese girl told me, so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 09-13-2014, 03:44 AM

11,048 posts, read 16,779,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
A large percentage of East Asian people lack the glands responsible for armpit odor. It has nothing to do with hygeine.
That's what they say, but try getting onto the metro on a hot day uuuuugh.

Quote:
On the other hand, I have heard it said that many Japanese men have bad breath and don't change their underwear often. At least that is what a Japanese girl told me, so take it with a grain of salt.
I have noticed that most of my female coworkers will wear the same pants, shirts, dresses, etc for days and days on end. Predicated on what I know from my girl, I can say that they most likely do change their underwear.

Bad breath is another matter... most people in China don't really care that much about it relative to other places. It's kind of jarring the first time you lean in close to an immaculately-done-up girl on a date and smell stale breath. The flip side is that they're always amazed at how amazing your breath is.

Old 09-13-2014, 04:04 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,483,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
A large percentage of East Asian people lack the glands responsible for armpit odor. It has nothing to do with hygeine. On the other hand, I have heard it said that many Japanese men have bad breath and don't change their underwear often. At least that is what a Japanese girl told me, so take it with a grain of salt.
You need to take anything people say on here with a grain of salt - it's largely crap.

There was a survey recently that asked Brits what they couldn't live without.. one of the top responses was a daily shower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World