Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2014, 03:22 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,189,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I get the feeling that there might be something of a small phobia of pubic hair in Canada (North America in general?) I think most young adult girls will just shave it all or have it waxed regularly, while even young men seem to have no qualms with shaving their their entire groin. I'm not sure if people genuinely prefer it that way or if it's just a social stigma of appearing unkempt in the bedroom.

I know that of the one German female I have been with, there was definitely no shyness about hair which is perfectly fine by me. I have been wondering for a long time if pubic hair is more acceptable in European societies, but this personal anecdote and the 'less sexually repressed' stereotype is all I really have to go by. What makes it more of a curiosity for me is that I have heard that German males are sometimes really in to shaving their chests and armpits.

I don't know how any of this is affected by older men and woman, who I'd imagine often stop caring what other people think and just do whatever they want with it at some point.

What do you think?
I shave my face but nowhere else. All woman I know shave their legs and anywhere else that has hair except for their head obviously.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Americans just don't like hair - everything, except the hair on their head has to be shaved. Legs, arms, facial hair, chest, back, buttocks, armpits and ... pubic area.
The removal industry is worth millions, and women are told to shave! Because female body hair is unnatural and unclean.
Body hair removal used to be a total taboo for guys, but now seems that modern men are grooming just as much as the girls.

According to a survey, 95 % of young guys now manscape — as in trim, shave, or wax their back, crotch, and butt hair.
Men Shaving Pubic Hair - New Male Grooming Trend
It's a trend, like bleached teeth, and 3" nails... and someone is making big $$$ on that.
Hollywood rules!
I got my hair cut over there and the hairdresser gave me a skinhead kind of look. It obviously didn't suit me, two months later it is still growing back.

I was mortified. Normally I just get my hair trimmed.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
I don't really inspect people's crotches all that much so I'm not so sure how common it is. I've known some guys to trim but not shave.
Thats what I was thinking.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Ahahaha Exactly!
I always thought it was kind of 'gay' for men to shave anywhere other than their face.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:33 PM

2,916 posts, read 2,974,665 times
Shave if you're wearing a bikini. Otherwise, ladies need to keep the bush...it exists for a reason. You're a woman; your lady parts should look like a woman's, not a child's. Seriously, most ladies aren't hairy enough to justify shaving it all off...especially the average white (northwest European), black or (east) Asian woman.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:37 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,032,670 times
I would say it varies across age groups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I always thought it was kind of 'gay' for men to shave anywhere other than their face.
that's weird. Plenty of men of all sexual orientation groom themselves, and for various reasons. I've known burly footballers who shave their legs if they need to be taped.

Old 09-14-2014, 03:43 PM

I know what you are saying but the general consensus where I live is that well men just don't do that..

Old 09-14-2014, 03:57 PM

9,980 posts, read 12,319,003 times
Quote:
People generally should only shave their pubic parts for hygiene reasons like most commonly under the arms.

I agree its odd that people shave (men or Women) but that's the culture we live in now, people want to look young and childlike.

Once a upon a time it was weird for even women to shave, however Men starting to think that hairiness on a women was unnatural or unclean however that's very far from.the truth. Its just that now its come to include Men as well.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:01 PM

Well to be honest P London I would never go out the door without shaving my face.. I don't want a beard.

But yeah I don't see it necessary to shave anywhere else (unless of course you are a woman)

Old 09-14-2014, 04:27 PM

6,423 posts, read 7,202,284 times
Quote:
Well to be honest P London I would never go out the door without shaving my face.. I don't want a beard.

But yeah I don't see it necessary to shave anywhere else (unless of course you are a woman)
That's the thing that sucks. I hate having to shave my legs just because society expects me to. But I do. Because society expects me to. *sigh* Also now they feel really weird if I let the hairs grow - too conditioned to it.
I can see the benefit of shaving armpits though and wish men would do that too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World