Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 04:27 PM

9,980 posts, read 12,322,689 times

Advertisements

I would maintain a beard / facial hair if it suits.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 04:31 PM

35,095 posts, read 50,966,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I get the feeling that there might be something of a small phobia of pubic hair in Canada (North America in general?) I think most young adult girls will just shave it all or have it waxed regularly, while even young men seem to have no qualms with shaving their their entire groin. I'm not sure if people genuinely prefer it that way or if it's just a social stigma of appearing unkempt in the bedroom.

I know that of the one German female I have been with, there was definitely no shyness about hair which is perfectly fine by me. I have been wondering for a long time if pubic hair is more acceptable in European societies, but this personal anecdote and the 'less sexually repressed' stereotype is all I really have to go by. What makes it more of a curiosity for me is that I have heard that German males are sometimes really in to shaving their chests and armpits.

I don't know how any of this is affected by older men and woman, who I'd imagine often stop caring what other people think and just do whatever they want with it at some point.

What do you think?

I don't make it a point to bring up pubic hair in general conversation with friends, family or someone I have just met so I really have no idea how one maintains their own private parts and pieces and honestly don't want to know.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:41 PM

3,402 posts, read 3,189,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
That's the thing that sucks. I hate having to shave my legs just because society expects me to. But I do. Because society expects me to. *sigh* Also now they feel really weird if I let the hairs grow - too conditioned to it.
I can see the benefit of shaving armpits though and wish men would do that too.
I'd love to shave my armpits, I find it disgusting but as you just said i'm not shaving it because of how people would react.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
I would maintain a beard / facial hair if it suits.
Is that in your culture?
Every man in my family is shaved..

Old 09-14-2014, 04:44 PM

9,980 posts, read 12,322,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I'd love to shave my armpits, I find it disgusting but as you just said i'm not shaving it because of how people would react.
You don't shave your armpits?

Quote:
Is that in your culture?
Every man in my family is shaved..
No its not its a personal preference.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:52 PM

Erm no.. Ok this is way too personal.

Old 09-14-2014, 05:12 PM

14,641 posts, read 14,734,000 times
Quote:
If you'd love to shave your pits then do it. Don't restrain yourself and not do what you want just because of how other people MIGHT react over such a minor thing. Why let your own desires be squashed and controlled because of other people's hangups? It's your body, not theirs so just man up and take control of your own body and do what you want for yourself. Liberate yourself!

Old 09-14-2014, 05:37 PM

308 posts, read 502,623 times
Gotta manscape. Certain areas should have all hair removed and some should maintain just the right amount.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:57 AM

990 posts, read 1,842,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Once a upon a time it was weird for even women to shave, however Men starting to think that hairiness on a women was unnatural or unclean however that's very far from.the truth.
I seriously doubt that it was men complaining about their women's hair. It was the shaving industry tricking women into an allegedly more natural (!) and hygienic look, which was reinforced by Hollywood and other media. Pure brainwashing.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:54 AM

2,673 posts, read 5,428,571 times
I'm not very hairy so I've never had to worry about these kind of obsessions. I do think I'm fortunate especially being female but I always though women liked hairy men. Anyway shaving would make hair growth worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World