Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:48 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeMike91 View Post
I dont believe that. People from Latin America seem soooooooo much happier than people from Scandinavia. It looks like the jolly people from Finland off themselves at an alarming rate, while the supposedly less happy Italians enjoy living. Lets look at suicide statistics:
So you're trivialising suicide now? Why is it that Scandinavians are always depicted as miserable and depressing, when the population in fact are very happy with their existence? Is it because we don't shout and wave our hands like in an Arabic bazaar all the time and that gives the impression that we are not happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2014, 08:11 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
So you're trivialising suicide now? Why is it that Scandinavians are always depicted as miserable and depressing, when the population in fact are very happy with their existence? Is it because we don't shout and wave our hands like in an Arabic bazaar all the time and that gives the impression that we are not happy?
Yeah,I too don't get that.Some people are so annoyed by the existence of the Nordics that they need to bash them whenever they have a chance,then they'd find out that the Nordics pretty much excel in everything,so they'd starting to blame it on the weathers and how grey and blue it must be like to live there.

Old 09-19-2014, 11:20 AM

6,804 posts, read 6,027,453 times
I like how they have Bhutan as a little island of happiness in a sea of sad Asian countries.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:45 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,929,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Yeah,I too don't get that.Some people are so annoyed by the existence of the Nordics that they need to bash them whenever they have a chance,then they'd find out that the Nordics pretty much excel in everything,so they'd starting to blame it on the weathers and how grey and blue it must be like to live there.
It's just jealousy. People from less developed, less affluent countries like the US feel they need to bash more developed and affluent countries like the Nordic countries or Canada all the time.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:00 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
Quote:
I dont believe that. People from Latin America seem soooooooo much happier than people from Scandinavia. It looks like the jolly people from Finland off themselves at an alarming rate, while the supposedly less happy Italians enjoy living. Lets look at suicide statistics:
Italy is still kind of a dump and has a horrible economy.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:05 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Italy is still kind of a dump and has a horrible economy.

Old 09-26-2014, 10:49 PM

264 posts, read 388,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
It's just jealousy. People from less developed, less affluent countries like the US feel they need to bash more developed and affluent countries like the Nordic countries or Canada all the time.

Kind of like EVERY post is you bashing or trashing the US? I'm a long time reader but you've inspired me to register just to say this, but literally EVERY post of yours has a negative thing to say about the US. What the hell is your obsession? Get a life, me thinks. And how do you know how happy people are in the US? You're from Europe.

Old 09-27-2014, 09:43 AM

342 posts, read 510,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Sounds like you are talking about the US actually. There are posters who dedicate their entire username to trashing the US. As for weather, I am from a country that is cold and grey and trust me it seriously affects your happiness. It isn't a choice, it will affect you mentally no matter what.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:08 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Sounds like you are talking about the US actually. There are posters who dedicate their entire username to trashing the US. As for weather, I am from a country that is cold and grey and trust me it seriously affects your happiness. It isn't a choice, it will affect you mentally no matter what.
I did not mention a word about the US or America in my post at all.

I am from a country that is hot and hotter and trust me, it does not make one happy either.

Old 09-27-2014, 10:14 AM

22,112 posts, read 29,570,200 times
Quote:
I am from one of the cloudiest countries in the world - one of the cloudiest major conurbations I'm sure - and it's true that the cloudiness does impact your mood, and my mood is definitely better when the sun is shining, but it's not that bad. The weather is actually very inoffensive here most of the time - it's rarely very cold or very hot - usually middling. No great shakes. You don't even notice it most of the time.

Much of Canada, at least where the majority of people live, has warm summers, bordering hot, and is actually rather sunny - a LOT sunnier than the UK. I would rather have very cold weather between Nov and Mar and more sunshine, especially in summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World