Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 12:58 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,982,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Oh believe me its not, its something very noticeable in towns and cities across the UK in fact apparently 1 in 10 Poles now live in the UK (so I've heard if someone knows perhaps they can confirm or deny)
"Pole" still isn't the same as romanian or the same as bulgarian...as surprising as it sounds. Compared to romania let alone bulgaria the poles are rich - that is...they at least have money to immigrate. I read somewhere that bulgaria is the country with lowest rate of immigration to western europe among young people. The highest was lattvia and No 2 was Poland. Poland also has huge population compared to other eastern europ. countries. Conclusion: Poland isn't the average. Which leads me to another thought: If Ukraine ever joins the EU they will also have lower % of immigration to the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2015, 01:04 PM

14,818 posts, read 11,930,800 times
Perhaps so but I never said it was 'just' Poles, there are Plenty of Bulgarians an Lithuanians and Romanians too, as a child I never met people from Eastern Europe outside of the big cities (particularly London) now there are many in any sized town, in fact I work with Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians (and find all of them to be decent people)

Old 02-26-2015, 01:20 PM

5,214 posts, read 3,982,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Perhaps so but I never said it was 'just' Poles, there are Plenty of Bulgarians an Lithuanians and Romanians too, as a child I never met people from Eastern Europe outside of the big cities (particularly London) now there are many in any sized town, in fact I work with Poles, Romanians and Bulgarians (and find all of them to be decent people)
k. Great, but just saying it's not what the dailymail claimed then: 29 million people who would move there. Because both romania and bulgaria don't have so much people combined . The population at the time was barely 27 million. And yes...there is still people living in those countries. No reason to believe that immigration rate will increase either.

The last "bus stop" was January, 2014. No more restrictions from the EU. IN fact...seeing how the UK will most likely leave the EU in 5 years the numbers of immigrants will decline then.

Old 02-26-2015, 03:26 PM

14,818 posts, read 11,930,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
k. Great, but just saying it's not what the dailymail claimed then: 29 million people who would move there. Because both romania and bulgaria don't have so much people combined . The population at the time was barely 27 million. And yes...there is still people living in those countries. No reason to believe that immigration rate will increase either.

The last "bus stop" was January, 2014. No more restrictions from the EU. IN fact...seeing how the UK will most likely leave the EU in 5 years the numbers of immigrants will decline then.
The Daily Mail is a joke, everybody here knows that fact, you should see the weather reports it gives out! When the weather drops below 5c it claims there is an ice age coming and if it doesn't rain for a week it claims we are all going to die from drought! :-)

Old 02-26-2015, 03:38 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
DAILYMAIL HEADLINE

''THE HUGE WAVE OF ALBANIANS SET TO EAT OUR KIDS''

Immigrants rates in the last 5 years have peaked and now a huge wave of Albanians are set to arrive on British shores, what's more startling is that they eat children - which is apart of their ritual a throwback to the days of the Roman Empire. David Cameron in a recent BBC report says ''We know that Immigration rates are increasing but my name is David, what do you want me to f'ing do about it'' when the reporter mentioned the case of cannibalism he said ''So what not my kids''

Old 02-26-2015, 08:29 PM

659 posts, read 937,641 times
Well, I hope Europe won't mind American expats

Old 02-27-2015, 04:37 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
Why the use of expat instead of immigrant?

Old 02-27-2015, 04:41 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,829,095 times
The US revolved around immigration, its part of its heritage and history and hollywood markets the country to potential migrants as well....

by the way... I doubt 10% of the polish population lives in the UK, poland has forty million people, there is no way there are four million polish people living in the UK!!!

Old 02-27-2015, 04:43 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,829,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
it depends... if you are a law abiding American immigrant, then you're ok, if you're the kind of American immigrant that whines and complains because nothing is like back home (and many americans are like that) then most likely they will have little sympathy for you.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:29 AM

4,499 posts, read 6,319,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
The US revolved around immigration, its part of its heritage and history and hollywood markets the country to potential migrants as well....

by the way... I doubt 10% of the polish population lives in the UK, poland has forty million people, there is no way there are four million polish people living in the UK!!!
According to the 2011 census around 550.000 people in the UK said that Polish was their main language.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World