Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rather live?
London 47 64.38%
Melbourne 26 35.62%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2014, 09:21 PM

531 posts, read 592,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerz View Post
I've disagreed with a few posters about different things on this thread, including weather and cost of living. I have complained about one poster for casually dismissing my opinion a few times as if the facts were in front of us to see.

Your response was definitely a straw man.

Is that coherent enough for you?
I have to point out the obvious and deliberate word play in this comment.

When you disagree with others, you call it a "disagreement". When others disagree with you, you call it "casual dismissal". Somehow you seem to think that this semantical play justifies you calling others "arrogant" for saying their own opinions.

I think you know fully well you're being disingenuous.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 09:41 PM

125 posts, read 162,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
I have to point out the obvious and deliberate word play in this comment.

When you disagree with others, you call it a "disagreement". When others disagree with you, you call it "casual dismissal". Somehow you seem to think that this semantical play justifies you calling others "arrogant" for saying their own opinions.

I think you know fully well you're being disingenuous.

I haven't told anyone that they've made a "silly comparison". That's a casual dismissal. Who's being disingenuous?

Old 10-21-2014, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyjerz View Post
I haven't told anyone that they've made a "silly comparison". That's a casual dismissal. Who's being disingenuous?
No it isn't. That's a general remark about the subject that isn't even addressed to you.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:49 AM

125 posts, read 162,627 times
Mea culpa. I've been thinking all along that it was a response to my post.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:07 AM

Thanks. Now that we can move back on topic, numbeo's cost of living comparison between London and Melbourne shows that consumer prices in Melbourne are about 5% lower. Factoring in rent it becomes 20% lower than in London. Water, fresh fruit , alcohol and vegetables are more expensive in Melbourne.

Based upon this, definitely something to be said for the fact that COL is rising quickly in Melbourne. It looks like a website anyone can edit so not very reliable though.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:46 AM

73 posts, read 155,706 times
If you're a single guy looking for fun, Aussie women are much easier than British women (specifically London). British women do require a lot more sweet talking and game to get them into bed.

Old 11-23-2014, 05:07 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,754,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post
If you're a single guy looking for fun, Aussie women are much easier than British women (specifically London). British women do require a lot more sweet talking and game to get them into bed.
How easy are Australian men lol?

Old 11-23-2014, 08:11 AM

73 posts, read 155,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
How easy are Australian men lol?
Does that even need to be asked? As a woman, all you have to do is walk up to a guy and ask if he'd like to have sex... if he doesn't have a girlfriend 9/10 times he'll say yes if you're attractive.

Getting sex is always easy and effortless if you're a woman.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:10 AM

15,106 posts, read 15,754,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISTJ View Post
Does that even need to be asked? As a woman, all you have to do is walk up to a guy and ask if he'd like to have sex... if he doesn't have a girlfriend 9/10 times he'll say yes if you're attractive.

Getting sex is always easy and effortless if you're a woman.
I'm not a woman

Old 11-24-2014, 02:56 AM

37 posts, read 59,621 times
I know Melbourne is more liveable but I can't stand the Australian summers so maybe I'd pick London just because it's nice and cold and I find that preferable over 40 degree summer days, extreme expenses and distances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World