Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 03:20 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times

Advertisements

People say other countries have no culture?

I always hear people saying USA, Canada and Australia as cultural wastelands. and referring Europe as a place full of grand culture and history (which it is). but maybe these are maybe Militant American Europhiles who are mostly saying these things.

Americans who i see disrespecting other countries are people in the Politics forums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 03:23 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,342,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Okay please explain
Its hard to explain but the USA government for example feel like they are the world police. Like ISIS, Obama was the first to make a stand and that's good but do we want another war, again!?

Every war ends up creating a new strain of terrorism.

Also American culture and Americans think that everything is uniquely Americans or invented when well educated people now that's not true.

Its hard to explain though..

Old 10-08-2014, 03:26 PM

Quote:
People say other countries have no culture?

I always hear people saying USA, Canada and Australia as cultural wastelands. and referring Europe as a place full of grand culture and history (which it is). but maybe these are maybe Militant American Europhiles who are mostly saying these things.

Americans who i see disrespecting other countries are people in the Politics forums.
Everyone around the world looks at Europe as a superior land in one form or another (eurocentrism) but rarely do Americans have a positive view of Africa even African Americans or India, Latin America (think Mexico!!) and many Americans think Australians are British so...

Americans are very eurocentric "like I'm going to Europe" lol I hear that so many times by Americans in London it makes me cringe.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Its hard to explain but the USA government for example feel like they are the world police. Like ISIS, Obama was the first to make a stand and that's good but do we want another war, again!?

Every war ends up creating a new strain of terrorism.

Also American culture and Americans think that everything is uniquely Americans or invented when well educated people now that's not true.

Its hard to explain though..
Your government is attacking ISIS.

Quote:
Everyone around the world looks at Europe as a superior land in one form or another (eurocentrism) but rarely do Americans have a positive view of Africa even African Americans or India, Latin America (think Mexico!!) and many Americans think Australians are British so...

Americans are very eurocentric "like I'm going to Europe" lol I hear that so many times by Americans in London it makes me cringe.
More Americans travel to Mexico than they travel to the UK. and we love their food and women.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:42 PM

You don't get it...

Old 10-08-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
You don't get it...
Idk it just seem like a bunch of assumptions to me, like the thread about Americans not traveling oversees, everyone just came up with a random opinion that Americans think they are the greatest in the world and that we don't need to leave the country.

Old 10-08-2014, 03:51 PM

There not assumption but generalisations or a stereotype.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:11 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,062,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Is anyone on here claiming that we are the best at everything?

Personally, I would think that you would show some gratitude since if it were not for the US, you would be speaking either German or Russian right now.

As a matter of fact, I bet you would never have even been born.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:41 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,296,762 times
Quote:
Idk it just seem like a bunch of assumptions to me, like the thread about Americans not traveling oversees, everyone just came up with a random opinion that Americans think they are the greatest in the world and that we don't need to leave the country.
Well, you yourself have said in the past that you didn't see the need to leave. As far as not traveling overseas, you just said more Americans travel to Mexico than the UK LOL. Mexico doesn't require going over an ocean.

The image that's projected about Americans thinking their the best is caused maybe not by saying those actual words. However when we see things like "You would be speaking German if it weren't for us" blah blah blah. First of all, there's no guarantee IF the axis had won that anyone would be speaking German. Secondly, we did not single handedly liberate Europe as our history books like to teach us. this sort of thing gives off a "we're superior" impression. Among other things.

Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,515,691 times
The most fascinating things in USA are the enormous diversity of landscapes (mountains, beaches, deserts), NASA and the Silicon Valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World