Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2015, 12:57 AM

10,629 posts, read 15,949,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
islamic countries are very attractive. They know that the muslims are very welcoming hosts to visitors in their countries, and do not discriminate against infidels nor make life difficult for them.
This made me laugh so hard that i can't even go to the toilet anymore today :d:d:d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 01:15 AM

1,274 posts, read 973,893 times
Quote:
Curreently, a much, much lower cost of living in Germany, lower than UK and even lower than USA. My step-daughter lives in Germany, and it is amazing how well she can live on little.

Islamic countries are very attractive. Ex-pats do their homework, instead of blindly ranting with hatred, and they know that the Muslims are very welcoming hosts to visitors in their countries, and do not discriminate against infidels nor make life difficult for them.
In this case, why do they require compounds in Saudi Arabia?

Old 04-11-2015, 02:26 AM

75 posts, read 89,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I knew Ecuador was going to come up. I find that almost confusing, though. It's never seemed like as much of an obvious place to me like Australia, Spain, or Mexico does.
Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Cuba, etc. Are completely underrated, most people see those countries through the eyes of Hollywood films and know little to nothing about that region of the world.

France, Spain, Australia on the other hand are completely overrated, the tourist sites in those countries are already visited by millions upon millions.

I would rather go to some exotic beach on the Colombian jungle or some indigenous town on the Equatorial highlands, than to go to Paris to see the same boulevards I get to see at least 10 times a day on TV, internet or advertisements.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:01 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,694,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
In this case, why do they require compounds in Saudi Arabia?
They don't "require" them. But the Saudi government encourages them, so that Saudi culture is not polluted and corrupted by the culture of the visiting Americans. Americans working in Saudi Arabia and other gulf countries are in absolutely no danger of being harmed by their hosts. And the American corporations encourage them because they realize that the American workers are so stupid and insensitive, that they are not safe to be let out to wander around on their own in a place with misunderstood cultural values.

When my wife and I lived in Jordan, why do you suppose we were not "required" to live in a compound, if it was so dangerous to live among Muslims? Nor in Indonesia? Why aren't European tourists in Morocco "required" to stay in compounds, protected from being hacked to pieces by the scimitars of the bloodthirsty Muslims running amok?

Old 04-11-2015, 07:17 PM

2,975 posts, read 2,801,295 times
I'm surprised Gulf countries rank so low, there are many expats there from all over the world mostly because there seems to a high demand for skilled jobs, while there are strict laws (which aren't often applied for foreigners) there are still quite a few positive aspects.

I also can't understand why my country is so low on the list, especially when compared to similar countries such as France and Spain, would love to hear the reasoning behind it.

Old 04-11-2015, 08:53 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I can't understand the American obsession with Germany. You'd think they'd choose UK.
I like both countries. In fact, the US, the UK and Germany are my three favorite countries.

But German is pretty easy for an English speaking person to learn, and Germany is really, really awesome.

Old 04-12-2015, 03:28 AM

282 posts, read 349,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
When you ask people where they would like to move for work, you get a different response. The UK is the most popular response from American workers.

Courtesy of the Boston Consulting Group, Boston MD:

Americans were also the least willing to move abroad, according to that survey.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:43 AM

654 posts, read 740,145 times
This question needs to ask exactly where are the expats from?

As I understand it, western expats love to go to Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and most of the major cities in the Asia-Pacific region.

Asian expats generally want to heard to the western nations to work there as white-collar professionals.

Old 04-13-2015, 09:46 AM

1,274 posts, read 973,893 times
Quote:
They don't "require" them. But the Saudi government encourages them, so that Saudi culture is not polluted and corrupted by the culture of the visiting Americans. Americans working in Saudi Arabia and other gulf countries are in absolutely no danger of being harmed by their hosts. And the American corporations encourage them because they realize that the American workers are so stupid and insensitive, that they are not safe to be let out to wander around on their own in a place with misunderstood cultural values.

When my wife and I lived in Jordan, why do you suppose we were not "required" to live in a compound, if it was so dangerous to live among Muslims? Nor in Indonesia? Why aren't European tourists in Morocco "required" to stay in compounds, protected from being hacked to pieces by the scimitars of the bloodthirsty Muslims running amok?
Morroco or Indonesia are totally different than Saudi Arabia or even Bahrain, which is a quite good country for foreigners in the end of the story. I have worked in various countries including the Middle East. One of the reason why I never tried relocating there with my wife is that life is terrible due to the cultural difference, even if, to compensate, they will try to offer you "higher" pays. I just prefer living and working in the Western world. Even APAC is better than Middle East. I believe Morroco or Indonesia are fine for foreigners as well, that's true.

Saudi Arabia: the country where women are considered lower than some animals. Are you really telling me that my wife could walk around in the streets and not get bothered at all?
That's why they only hang out each others, it's because Westerners / foreigners are "stupid"...

Bahrain: better country overall, a little more flexible if you're a foreigner. Still, you need to be careful in the streets. The country where due to their early week ends, Saudi Arabians comes by tons to "enjoy" the Bahrain night life through the King Fahd Causeway. Watching the bridge filled with cars on Thursday is a shocking statement of what type of country Saudi Arabia is. The lines of Filipinos waiting outside of alcohol stores to buy liquor for those guys in the cars for a tip is another funny fact.

In both countries, I do know that they privately have a lot of fun but in public, you will never be allowed, even if you're a foreigner.

And just to clarify, I am not the typical American, not even a typical European. I do know what a Muslim country is, I lived in some during 15 years as a child. It's just that countries like Saudi Arabia are extreme and simply not "normal", even by Muslim standard.

Old 07-23-2017, 01:20 AM

5,052 posts, read 13,881,164 times
Eloquently elaborate on these outside website resources. Cosmopolitan friendly, Progressive Enough, Welcoming To Foreigners, Offering Entertaining Venues Of Daily Lifestyle, Wealth Variety, Social Mobilization, Capitalistic Opportunity, Easygoing Immigration Laws are all key symbols to create these Foreign Expatriate elite grounding of a main event occurrence.

Constanta Romania is my only escape up to right now for where I am living outside of my own native country. Not even one complaint. Always endlessly grateful, including for the 14 countries I am traveling to up to 25 years old. Never any in favor of overly pretentious discrimination only towards the mega cities labels. Hopefully, further outside rooms of expansion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World