Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 11:14 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,671,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
Beer costs too much here, especially the gluten free beer which sucks, cheapest I can get it is a little over a euro a can (330ml) and if you want fancy beer its 3-6 euros a can or bottle. Oh well, at least we can go to Tallinn.
Are you coeliac? Oh man, that must suck. All the nice bread we have and everything...

But anyways, I don't know why people always whine about the prices. Buy a €8 bottle of wine and a six-pack from LIDL for €6, it's €14 total. The price of prime beef. Of course, if you drink every day it might get expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2014, 11:38 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,209,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Are you coeliac? Oh man, that must suck. All the nice bread we have and everything...

But anyways, I don't know why people always whine about the prices. Buy a €8 bottle of wine and a six-pack from LIDL for €6, it's €14 total. The price of prime beef. Of course, if you drink every day it might get expensive.
Yeah it sucks, no nice bread for me

I buy the boxes of wine, that way I don't feel obligated to drink it all in one night so it doesn't go bad

Old 10-20-2014, 12:42 PM

2,807 posts, read 6,403,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I never take wine for communion. I don't know what you are talking about.
Aparently religious education in Northern Ireland is not up to scratch.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,194,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Beer prices are outrageously exorbitant in Ontario.

Here in Quebec it's fairly easy find beer for about a dollar a bottle even with the tax included. Mainstream less expensive beers like Labatt Blue or Coors Light are around a dollar a bottle plus deposit (10 cents a bottle but of course you get it back).

A nicer beer like Stella Artois is around 30 dollars with all taxes included at my local supermarket. That's about 1.25 a bottle. I think my local Costco might even sell it for slightly cheaper than that.
Decent beer is maybe $1.20 / bottle here. Of course you can get beer for nearly half the price, but it's garbage [for example Coors Light in a 30 pack].

Old 10-20-2014, 03:06 PM

26,770 posts, read 37,699,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Beer is really cheap in the US. You can buy 30 cans of Bud (or other cheap beer) for around $15 when on sale. That's 50 cents a can.

Yeah but it's Bud!

Old 10-20-2014, 03:06 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
When I was in my last year of high school it used to be the thing to go to the pub on Friday lunchtimes. We didn't have enough time for more than about two pints, but at that age even that would be enough to be fairly tipsy for the rest of the afternoon. It would have been obvious from our school uniforms that at least some of us were under 18, but I don't remember it ever being a problem getting served. The teachers surely must have known what was going on, but none of them ever said anything about it.
When I was in my last year of high school, we couldn't do that. We would drink in public parks at night or in people's homes while their parents were out for the evening (or didn't care). Drinking tended to be rather binge-style.

I think in my last year of high school it was a bit more common for people to be high than tipsy, though neither was common.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Yeah but it's Bud!
Amusing how the ads for Bud trying to make it stylish. Sam Adam's is the best selling beer in New England which is decent for its price.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:34 PM

24,144 posts, read 24,671,124 times
No matter how sadadams it is, you'll pay €0,80 for a can here. At the minimum.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
No matter how sadadams it is, you'll pay €0,80 for a can here. At the minimum.
They sell Sam Adams in Finland?! I take it you don't like it much?

Old 10-20-2014, 03:47 PM

1,491 posts, read 1,608,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
The young generation is drinking little. In small towns drink more than in large cities. In general, I think that Russia is quite drinking country. Knowledgeable people say that in this we are like the Irish.
Is less drinking by the younger generation a new trend? The American perception of Russia is that most Russian people tend to drink a lot, especially a lot of vodka. Is this perception correct, or is it at least changing with the younger generation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World