Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 11:44 AM

3,400 posts, read 3,195,664 times

Advertisements

I see hispanics on here coming out with this argument that America used to be part of Mexico. The thing I always want to know is if that is the case why did they have to immigrate to America? Surely they would already have been living there.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:48 AM

14,799 posts, read 21,417,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
I see hispanics on here coming out with this argument that America used to be part of Mexico. The thing I always want to know is if that is the case why did they have to immigrate to America? Surely they would already have been living there.
They are correct... it used to be part of America before they lost the Mexican-American war.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:50 AM

Yes but they had to immigrate to America so their point is really invalid. If they were native to America they would've been born there.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:52 AM

134 posts, read 347,645 times
A lot of people don't seem to understand, It's basically our own government facilitating these race wars and constant crap that is going on, I have always been taught and raised to judge people on the content of they're character not by the color of they're skin and I still live by that rule, but it would be foolish to ignore that there is an angry underclass here in the US that are easily provoked by the leaders into these nasty race wars and are targeting innocent white american's.

White privilege is just an easy cop out word, when I went to college I had to assume a student loan just like anyone else, I fail to see where I am privileged in any regard at all.

Basically I just want to be safe and live in a place where people are actually allowed the opportunity to get along without a government that constantly steps in and tries to divide.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:54 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
Quote:
Yes but they had to immigrate to America so their point is really invalid. If they were native to America they would've been born there.
But White, black, Asian etc are not "native" to the US either so that case is invalid.

I think the Mexicans claims that whites should go back to Europe is because many Mexicans are mestizo which means they have Spanish AND Indigenous Mexican blood (so mayan etc)

Also many Mexicans have lived in current day SW USA for generations.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:56 AM

134 posts, read 347,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
But White, black, Asian etc are not "native" to the US either so that case is invalid.

I think the Mexicans claims that whites should go back to Europe is because many Mexicans are mestizo which means they have Spanish AND Indigenous Mexican blood (so mayan etc)

I never claimed that I'm native or that the US is owed to me that's not what my point is at all, Honestly black, white, asian, hispanic would probably get along for the most part if it wasn't for our leaders.

Old 11-01-2014, 11:59 AM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times
Quote:
Exactly this is what I said and what I felt like when I went to America but they all looked at me like I was a looney. It is annoying when someone from a different culture tries and says what it feels like to be white when really they have no idea.

To feel like its all your fault or you are a criminal is awful. The same could be said for walking on egg shells constantly.
Did you talk to anyone because that might explain it?

Old 11-01-2014, 12:00 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan757vb View Post
A lot of people don't seem to understand, It's basically our own government facilitating these race wars and constant crap that is going on, I have always been taught and raised to judge people on the content of they're character not by the color of they're skin and I still live by that rule, but it would be foolish to ignore that there is an angry underclass here in the US that are easily provoked by the leaders into these nasty race wars and are targeting innocent white american's.

White privilege is just an easy cop out word, when I went to college I had to assume a student loan just like anyone else, I fail to see where I am privileged in any regard at all.

Basically I just want to be safe and live in a place where people are actually allowed the opportunity to get along without a government that constantly steps in and tries to divide.

How can you tell your priviledged when you have nothing else to compare?

You wont know your priviledged until you change ethnic groups and compare, and that's impossible. That doesn't mean I agree with people telling you to go back to Europe, that's ridiculous but if you understood the psychology of race in society you may not feel so angry.

If you want to move to a country where the government don't divide society - there's no place I can think of.

The UK blame all its problems on the EU immigrants, and foreigners all countries do the same.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post

No I'm talking about like Mexicans who move to America illegally and think they have some god forsaken right to be there.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:01 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
They are correct... it used to be part of America before they lost the Mexican-American war.
And even with that, most places that were once part of Mexico like California were only part of it for like 38 years. Hardly enough time to lay claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.