Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 12:06 PM

134 posts, read 347,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
How can you tell your priviledged when you have nothing else to compare?

You wont know your priviledged until you change ethnic groups and compare, and that's impossible. That doesn't mean I agree with people telling you to go back to Europe, that's ridiculous but if you understood the psychology of race in society you may not feel so angry.

If you want to move to a country where the government don't divide society - there's no place I can think of.

The UK blame all its problems on the EU immigrants, and foreigners all countries do the same.
P London,

I'm not denying that there is some white privilege but at the same time I shouldn't have to constantly apologize and be told how awful I am because I am white.

I know slavery and the like were horrible things, but I wasn't even alive then, nor were my parents, what exactly do I have to pay for?

Old 11-01-2014, 12:07 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan757vb View Post
I usually refrain from posting on CD altogether and I definitely avoid topics like this and I know it may sound like a troll post but just hear me out.

I'm not looking to start a heated race discussion and I certainly am not a racist, just consider me a white american that has finally waken up.
Quote:
Sorry if my post seemed out of line, I assure you I am not some psycho right wing racist nutjob far from it.
Quote:
Again, Your misunderstanding what I am saying entirely, I wouldn't care if I was the only white person.
Quote:
A lot of people don't seem to understand,
Quote:
I never claimed that I'm native or that the US is owed to me that's not what my point is at all.
Notice a pattern here? Every single post starts out either with an apology when one wasn't called for or a denial of an accusation that was never made. this is typical circular, go no where trolling. This thread can go on for 50 to 100 pages using this tactic because it's not meant to go anywhere, just watch.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:08 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,294,048 times
Quote:
P London,

I'm not denying that there is some white privilege but at the same time I shouldn't have to constantly apologize and be told how awful I am because I am white.

I know slavery and the like were horrible things, but I wasn't even alive then, nor were my parents, what exactly do I have to pay for?
No sooner than I point it out...

Old 11-01-2014, 12:14 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
Quote:
P London,

Are you joking? Well your not of course but no there isn't just "some" white priviledge, white priviledge is everywhere it effects everyone...

But anyway I'm not saying because your white your a bad person, but I think your being selfish if you understood how bad people of colour are treated in todays society (remnants of the colonial period) you would soon realise that your fear or whatever it is, is well pointless...

You don't have to pay for nothing, just live your life and stop crying over something so small because non whites in the USA face real systematic racism perpetuated by the white ellite even if a "black man is in office"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Notice a pattern here? Every single post starts out either with an apology when one wasn't called for or a denial of an accusation that was never made. this is typical circular, go no where trolling. This thread can go on for 50 to 100 pages using this tactic because it's not meant to go anywhere, just watch.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:16 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,195,664 times
You are actually really getting on my grind going on about white privilege as if we should be sorry and as if we go round all snobby stuck up thinking we're better than black people.

Full of it.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:18 PM

134 posts, read 347,645 times
You don't have to pay for nothing, just live your life and stop crying over something so small because non whites in the USA face real systematic racism perpetuated by the white ellite even if a "black man is in office"

If anything that's who I am terrified of is the white elite, they are the ones causing all this mess for reasons I'll never understand.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:24 PM

9,970 posts, read 12,341,326 times
@ Summerwhale You don't understand stop posting in the thread, ok?

Quote:

If anything that's who I am terrified of is the white elite, they are the ones causing all this mess for reasons I'll never understand.
Ok, now we're on the same page if you want to blame anything blame the government not "the people" but all countries are the same in this regard.

Each country has their own elite that only care about there circle, I guess some countries are better than others like Canada, but there's drawbacks the US has more people of colour in positions of power within the government but Canada is more equal.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:02 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,772,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I work at McDonalds (lots of Mexicans) not one of them has told me to go back to Europe... considering i'm not from Europe.
Yeah, because most of these people are too busy working and taking care of their families, and don't have time to participate in cyber world, where conspiracy theories are believed to be true.

If you have never actually experienced something in person, why be paranoid and fearful?

Old 11-01-2014, 01:03 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,417,406 times
Quote:
I usually refrain from posting on CD altogether and I definitely avoid topics like this and I know it may sound like a troll post but just hear me out.

I'm not looking to start a heated race discussion and I certainly am not a racist, just consider me a white american that has finally waken up.

Basically all I'd like to know are there any safe countries where white american's can live without fear of being attacked or fear of a government that is constantly trying to incite a race war and pit everyone against each other?

I know the Hispanics coming into the US constantly tell us to just go back to Europe but I'm not really sure that's the answer either, any advice?
What do you think of Russia and Putin?

Old 11-01-2014, 01:04 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,417,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Yeah, because most of these people are too busy working and taking care of their families, and don't have time to participate in cyber world, where conspiracy theories are believed to be true.

If you have never actually experienced something in person, why be paranoid and fearful?
I agree, and even if they did have the beliefs that we are intruders to their land they aren't just going to randomly tell me "oh hey get out of here!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.