Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 02:30 PM

266 posts, read 671,055 times

Advertisements

guys you should come to London. The most expensive properties in the world to buy or rent - and despite the price tag, also the smallest properties in the West by average size (25% smaller than even the Japanese).

This is typical of my flathunting:

$1090

muppet, SkyscraperPage Forum

^And that's all you get. It's a bedsit outside the centre - the rest of the building is a dormitory (shared kitchen, bathroom, toilet, no living room).

I must admit though, the area is getting hip so it aches to be snapped up.

Bloomberg - Business, Financial & Economic News, Stock Quotes

Oh the delight

SkyscraperPage Forum
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 12:32 PM

18,502 posts, read 15,417,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Evening Natnaski!

We do need the room! We use one room as a recording studio, one room as a photography studio, and I write (approximately 12 hours a day - 5 days a week) in our private bedroom so we can leave the living room area tidy for company. The bathrooms are useful, as it isn't easy making a dash for the ladies' room when one is confined to a wheelchair.

As for the location, we don't live nearer Whistler because I don't find that what passes for civilization nowadays is not... civil. When you spend as much time on tour as we do, it's nice (even necessary) to live in peace in quiet when it's time to create again, as in write, record, and film.

Cheers,

Mahrie.
Well, B.C. is big enough to accommodate all lifestyles. I agree about Whistler....

Old 12-07-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
How DARE you lol - just a short ferry ride from DT Toronto and you have The Toronto Island's and all kinds of Beaches including clothing optional one's
Yes I've been to the islands, nice...but flat...good views of Toronto...but a bit of a hassle to get to

As you probably know our clothing optional is bigger than your clothing optional, nah, nah

Old 12-07-2014, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Maybe they are just wealthy people who just want to live in an amazingly serene, clean, pristine and beautiful place - if not for all of the year - atleast for some of it... They can afford it and park their dollars and time in Vancouver and that's ok.. Not everyone wants to live in Palm Springs or Sydney lol..

Vancouver
I'll give Saturno a little credit for this one. It is rumoured ( since no official records exist ) that some properties are just places for people to store assets. As far as I know, they are going by properties that are unoccupied, where the investor doesn't even both to rent it out.
The actual number is unknown, but going by the complaints the city receives, it appears to be low.
It gets media attention because some of these homes are in swank neighbourhoods where a neighbour is more likely to complain, as this article shows.

"Vancouver keeps track of vacant properties that are causing problems like open buildings or squatters. An “action” means that an inspector was sent out to investigate.

Actions: 2010 — 96 actions at 44 addresses; 2011 — 98 at 47; 2012 — 107 at 47; 2013 — 79 at 36."

http://www.vancouversun.com/business...444/story.html

Old 12-07-2014, 03:25 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,514,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Vancouver seems cheep compared to some of the places mentioned here.

Vancouver Unfurnished Rentals
Yeah. It doesn't seem as impossible to live modestly as people make it out to seem. I was looking at studios up for rent around Burnaby and North Vancouver, and you could find decent places for around $700-800/month. I wouldn't mind paying up to a grand if it was really nice and central to Vancouver, and that seems to be about the same as living similarly in Toronto or Montreal. If you want to buy something, I guess that's a whole other story though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World