Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:53 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
3. I don't 'get' Walmart, its not like a supermarket to me but a warehouse... I don't feel like anywhere needs that amount of food.
Talk sh-t about SUV's and the landscape in the middle all you want but don't talk sh-t about Wal Mart!

And they don't even specialize in food
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 03:26 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,194,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandeco View Post
I find it amazing when people travel and eat bad food. Anywhere I travel in the world, I always do my research and shop and eat in places comparable in America. If you are going to travel around the US shopping at Wal Mart and eat fast food, well what do u expect. I could have done the same in Northern Ireland but i chose to read up and try to avoid all the nasty fried fast food places. Bad cheese? California, alone produces some of the highest quality cheeses you can find. Craft breweries for beer, ...the list goes on. I think some of these posters are not very sophisticated travellers. Most decent supermarkets have a cheese section ( not the processed cheese section) that offers an assortment. Ever go to whole foods?
Sorry we aren't millionaires we can't travel like you.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Talk sh-t about SUV's and the landscape in the middle all you want but don't talk sh-t about Wal Mart!

And they don't even specialize in food
I have every right to talk about Walmart saying that i've actually used it before.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:29 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,409,982 times
Quote:
I have every right to talk about Walmart saying that i've actually used it before.
I use it all the time, very convenient and great prices.

Can't wait for Black Friday/Thankgiving.

$320 for a Xbox One with Halo Master Chief Collection.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:33 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,533,896 times
I can't say I paid much attention to cheese when I was there - too busy partying and having a good time .... and working.

Malls and supermarkets are just places to buy stuff,.... little of interest there,

Old 11-15-2014, 03:33 PM

Well yes but its supposed to be a supermarket not a warehouse and their clothing is awful.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:59 PM

7,708 posts, read 12,561,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE1969 View Post
If you live in America, do you still want to live in America, or do you want to move to a foreign country?
After having experienced living in Canada and traveling abroad to many other different countries, I am never living anywhere else but the U.S. Our quality of life, the people, the freedoms, the education, and abundance of opportunities are bar none. I don't care what the statistics say about Switzerland or the Netherlands or wherever. This is the best country for me.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:08 PM

18,497 posts, read 15,401,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
After having experienced living in Canada and traveling abroad to many other different countries, I am never living anywhere else but the U.S. Our quality of life, the people, the freedoms, the education, and abundance of opportunities are bar none. I don't care what the statistics say about Switzerland or the Netherlands or wherever. This is the best country for me.
You should be happy where you live, so good for you. You saved yourself by saying " for me " because millions of others say exactly the same about their own countries.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:25 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,242,709 times
Quote:
Sorry we aren't millionaires we can't travel like you.
If you can stay at four star hotels when traveling you can travel and get decent food and drink. Especially if you spend less on lodging.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:46 PM

16,573 posts, read 27,285,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbandeco View Post
I find it amazing when people travel and eat bad food. Anywhere I travel in the world, I always do my research and shop and eat in places comparable in America. If you are going to travel around the US shopping at Wal Mart and eat fast food, well what do u expect. I could have done the same in Northern Ireland but i chose to read up and try to avoid all the nasty fried fast food places. Bad cheese? California, alone produces some of the highest quality cheeses you can find. Craft breweries for beer, ...the list goes on. I think some of these posters are not very sophisticated travellers. Most decent supermarkets have a cheese section ( not the processed cheese section) that offers an assortment. Ever go to whole foods?
Great points. In California especially, you can get good quality cheeses and as mentioned wines. CA is also the state that has the largest selection and quantity of fresh produce and it's cheaper than just about anywhere else. Only Washington State can compete with that. Meats are good quality here too and I've notice that they are cheaper than many other places too. There are lots of restaurants as well that offer good quality food.

Some people's decision making skills closely resemble that of a squirrel crossing a highway.

Last edited by Gentoo; 11-15-2014 at 05:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World