Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2014, 04:47 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,195,664 times

Advertisements

Well I seen lots of Ford focuses in Florida, also ford Fiestas etc.

Also I seen volkeswagan cars and vauxhalls but they had different names.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2014, 05:05 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,420,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
If you call buying from overseas sweat shops selling cheap crap at the expense of American small businesses and American products "something right" then yeah, they can do no wrong.
Why does it matter where the product is from? are you one of those people who look for the "Made in the USA" label? honestly i don't care where its from and who made it.... i have nothing against Asian sweatshop workers making stuff, i actually appreciate it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
In California, it is mostly the poor who shop there. Middle class people avoid it like the plague.
You know the income levels of everyone that shops at WalMart in California?

Sorry but its obvious you are just making up random crap just to make WalMart look bad.

In reality people from all walks of life shop at WalMart there is no stereotypical WalMart shopper... sorry.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:05 PM

1,398 posts, read 1,482,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post

So? German cars are popular in the US, but not vice versa.

Ford UK - The Official Homepage of Ford UK[forduk]-exact-uk-google&gclid=Cj0KEQiAs6GjBRCy2My09an6uNIBEiQANfY4z EZha9lDnRoluYFBRBbkoTxfnyRjR8BIA_50ckc08A8aArrT8P8 HAQ

As you can see, they don't sell American Fords in Britain and neither they do in any other European country I'm aware of.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:10 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,195,664 times
Well thats because American cars look rubbish.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:13 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,296,762 times
Quote:

Vauxhalls is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors which of course is American. GM frequently has different names for the same vehicle depending on the subsidiary. The Chevy Astro and GMC Safari are the exact same van.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
That ¡s the point. In the US you have to make sacrifices or get out of your way to find quality food.
Not that hard, you can find them at any of the big grocery stores..... even Wal Mart

Old 11-16-2014, 05:17 PM

16,580 posts, read 27,296,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Why does it matter where the product is from? are you one of those people who look for the "Made in the USA" label? honestly i don't care where its from and who made it.... i have nothing against Asian sweatshop workers making stuff, i actually appreciate it..

You know the income levels of everyone that shops at WalMart in California?

Sorry but its obvious you are just making up random crap just to make WalMart look bad.

In reality people from all walks of life shop at WalMart there is no stereotypical WalMart shopper... sorry.
Really? Did I also make up this?

Thousands March in Largest Walmart Protest in History!

How about this?

Hundreds protest against Wal-Mart in 15 cities, demanding higher wages - The Washington Post

Old 11-16-2014, 05:26 PM

Doesn't really say much about the income levels of Wal-Mart shoppers.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:01 PM

67,652 posts, read 60,458,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Do pickup trucks and SUVs have any substantial following in Europe?

Trucks drive me nuts especially. It's just a 'manly' status thing 8/10 times.
Not here in Texas. Here, we actually use our trucks for, you know, truckish sorts of things, like hauling stuff.

I can't imagine life without a truck. We use the truck part of ours all the time. In fact, if I had to choose between a car and a truck, I'd choose truck every time.

Old 11-16-2014, 06:45 PM

3,925 posts, read 2,557,990 times
Quote:
In our supermarkets we have ordinary cheese so I found it weird that the plastic stuff was common.
That plastic cheese is not cheese- it is cheese food. Says it right on the package. Blah. I don't eat it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World