U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 11:45 AM

11,118 posts, read 8,775,320 times

Advertisements

Based on Criteria

Friendliness: Canada
Lifestyle: Canada and Australia - Always ranked highly for QOL and Standard of living.
Weather: US
Nightlife: UK
Tourist attractions: UK
Economic diversity: US
Cultural contribution: US and UK
Urban living: UK and Canada
History: UK
Architecture: UK
Transportation: UK - I mean the London tube plus the UK's train network - cheap flights to awesome places
Education: Equal when you factor more than just Post Secondary
Natural scenery: US and Canada
Cost of Living: US and Canada
Political Stability: Australia (Canada always has the Quebec situation, UK just went through the Scottish vote and the U.S executive branch is always at odds with the house nothing ever seems to get done lol).
Economical Stability: Canada and Australia
Fun: I'd say they all are equal on the whole

Last edited by fusion2; 11-30-2014 at 12:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 11:46 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,601,699 times
Oh P London...

-More green - There's actually more green in Aussie. Victoria, Taz, the Tropical parts and most of the coastal strips make up more than western Europe, which is like 5X bigger than NZ...
-Less likely to get killed by a wild animal - True That...
-Less Arrogant - Think they're both the same
-Its not Australia
-Huge mountains cutting the Country in half (I like Mountains) - Ever heard of the Blue mountains?!
-Cheaper cost of living - Wages aren't that great, so disagree.
-Its not Australia
-I like Auckland and How the city is situated - Fair enough, I like Brisbane and how the city is situated...
-It has more of a four season climate on the South Island - So does Victoria, Tasmania and the Blue mountains
-Its not Australia

OK if it where 20 years ago I probs would agree with you on the arrogant thing. But Aus has changed and has become more modernised... I say give it a go and enjoy the fun out there dude!

Old 11-30-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Based on Criteria

Friendliness: Canada
Lifestyle: Canada and Australia - Always ranked highly for QOL and Standard of living.
Weather: United States
Nightlife: UK
Tourist attractions: UK
Economic diversity: US
Cultural contribution: USA and UK
Urban living: UK and Canada
History: UK
Architecture: UK
Transportation: UK - I mean the London tube plus its train network - cheap flights etc awesome!
Education: Equal
Natural scenery: US and Canada
Cost of Living: US and Canada
Political Stability: Australia
Economical Stability: Canada and Australia
Fun: I'd say they all are equal on the whole
Excluding the UK right?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas182 View Post
Excluding the UK right?
What's wrong with the UK - ITS FREAKIN AWESOME lol.. I've been to Edinburgh and London and enjoyed every minute of it..Since its a small compact country with so much to do across the board what's not to love?

Old 11-30-2014, 12:09 PM

14,509 posts, read 10,555,488 times
Quote:
[b]
[b]Ever heard of the Blue mountains?!
Not really mountains as such, although still quite beautiful.

The Great Dividing Range is the second longest mountain chain in the world, after the Andes.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Not really mountains as such, although still quite beautiful.

The Great Dividing Range is the second longest mountain chain in the world, after the Andes.
Isn't it the Rocky Mountains in the good ole U.S and Canada?

List of mountain ranges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem with Australia's mountain ranges in comparison to Canada and the U.S is they aren't that high or massive..

The U.S has the tallest Mountain in any of the countries in this thread with Mount Mckinley at over 20300ft high

Canada has an almost as tall mountain in Mount Logan at 19800ft but it is also the most massive non volcanic mountain in the world by base circumference - it is freaking MASSIVE...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_McKinley
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Logan

Australia's tallest is 7300 ft.. Generally speaking Australia's mountains are wimps compared to the U.S and Canada.

Last edited by fusion2; 11-30-2014 at 12:30 PM..

Old 11-30-2014, 12:34 PM

14,509 posts, read 10,555,488 times
Quote:
Isn't it the Rocky Mountains in the good ole U.S and Canada?

List of mountain ranges - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem with Australia's mountain ranges in comparison to Canada and the U.S is they aren't that high or massive..

The U.S has the tallest Mountain in any of the countries in this thread with Mount Mckinley at over 20300ft high

Canada has an almost as tall mountain in Mount Logan at 19800ft but it is also the most massive non volcanic mountain in the world by base circumference - it is freaking MASSIVE

Mount McKinley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mount Logan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It's not really a problem with the GDR as such. Not that high, but an unbroken chain nonetheless.

I'm just thinking about all those people I've misinformed over the years -the shame.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:36 PM

Quote:
What's wrong with the UK - ITS FREAKIN AWESOME lol.. I've been to Edinburgh and London and enjoyed every minute of it..Since its a small compact country with so much to do across the board what's not to love?
The weather creates a dampener (despite in Summer when the weather might be good)! My B-Days in Jan, so it will be raining, which means my hair gets messed up and reduces my chance of pulling! Haha

Old 11-30-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
It's not really a problem with the GDR as such. Not that high, but an unbroken chain nonetheless.

I'm just thinking about all those people I've misinformed over the years -the shame.
lol oh it ok i'm sure you'll get over it.. Honestly I didn't know the GDR was such a long range so I learned something Having said that, I stick by what I said about Australian mountains vs American and Canadian - the OZ one's are wimps in comparison.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
The weather creates a dampener (despite in Summer when the weather might be good)! My B-Days in Jan, so it will be raining, which means my hair gets messed up and reduces my chance of pulling! Haha
Oh its ok sister - i'm sure the boys will love you just the same..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World