Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2015, 12:10 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,055,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
8C in Vancouver feels a heck of a lot chillier than 8C in Toronto, same issue, humidity.
I don't agree here. 15C in Chicago with wind (Toronto is similar) feels brutally cold and 15C in Seattle is shorts weather.

Old 01-13-2015, 12:27 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
Quote:
Better food? You do know the standards are lower in the U.S. on a lot of things. I've mentioned this before, but what can be labelled chocolate in the U.S. can't be in the U.K., and Canada for example. Pink slime? Bromate in bread? BGH in dairy etc. Better food, please.

Yes the U.S. has some great cities to visit, but I would argue that all these countries do. I'd put any U.S. city up against, London, Sydney, Melbourne, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Same with landscapes.

I think you're trying to push buttons, or have very little real life experience. To say that there is nothing to do outside of London in the U.K. proves that. Only someone with very little knowledge or experience would say that. Although, the other reason could be less flattering, you could be the type that like books with pictures and are bored easily.
Why do you have to put US cities up against cities from 3 different countries?

Old 01-13-2015, 12:41 PM

1,685 posts, read 2,823,200 times
Quote:
Better food? You do know the standards are lower in the U.S. on a lot of things. I've mentioned this before, but what can be labelled chocolate in the U.S. can't be in the U.K., and Canada for example. Pink slime? Bromate in bread? BGH in dairy etc. Better food, please.
The US has some of the best food in the world... go to California and try their HEAVENLY mexican food, go to texas and eat Tex-mex.... ever had southern cooking? how about food from all over asia and south america in cities like san francisco and miami, or the delicious cajun cooking in the mississippi delta!!! Some of the best italian food in the world is in New york city!!!

American cuisine is FAR more sophisticated than cuisine in Canada and Australia!! the UK is terrible too!!!

Quote:
Yes the U.S. has some great cities to visit, but I would argue that all these countries do. I'd put any U.S. city up against, London, Sydney, Melbourne, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal. Same with landscapes.
Yes you can find interesting cities, but Sydney, toronto, montreal etc. CANNOT match a city like NY!!! As for Vancouver, honestly I thought it was MEEEH!! London gives NYC a run for its money but I still like NYC better!!

Quote:
I think you're trying to push buttons, or have very little real life experience. To say that there is nothing to do outside of London in the U.K. proves that. Only someone with very little knowledge or experience would say that. Although, the other reason could be less flattering, you could be the type that like books with pictures and are bored easily.
oh yeah let's all go to liverpool? or exciting newcastle upon tyne, or better yet a rainy cold windy day spent in Hull (the fun never stops!) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

As for landscapes...

if you want to see deserts go to Australia
if you want to see rainy hilly places go to the UK
if you want to see tundra and prairies go to canada
if you want to see all in one country go to the US

I am not being pro-American here, but the US is WAAAAAAAAY above Canada, Australia and UK's league!!!

Last edited by Irene-cd; 01-13-2015 at 12:54 PM..

Old 01-13-2015, 01:00 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,035,541 times
Irene, please answer with a simple yes/no

Have you visited Australia?
Have you visited the UK?
Have you visited Canada?
have you visited NZ?

Old 01-13-2015, 01:07 PM

14,848 posts, read 21,380,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post

I am not being pro-American here, but the US is WAAAAAAAAY above Canada, Australia and UK's league!!!
Truth hurts to some people but yes the US is an outlier in this comparison and some people just cant handle it.
Considering how many times we have to compare the USA to all 3 of the other countries maybe we should just do Canada vs Australia vs UK.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:10 PM

2,174 posts, read 2,566,061 times
Quote:
The US has some of the best food in the world... go to California and try their HEAVENLY mexican food, go to texas and eat Tex-mex.... ever had southern cooking? how about food from all over asia and south america in cities like san francisco and miami, or the delicious cajun cooking in the mississippi delta!!! Some of the best italian food in the world is in New york city!!!

American cuisine is FAR more sophisticated than cuisine in Canada and Australia!! the UK is terrible too!!!

Yes you can find interesting cities, but Sydney, toronto, montreal etc. CANNOT match a city like NY!!! As for Vancouver, honestly I thought it was MEEEH!! London gives NYC a run for its money but I still like NYC better!!

oh yeah let's all go to liverpool? or exciting newcastle upon tyne, or better yet a rainy cold windy day spent in Hull (the fun never stops!) ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

As for landscapes...

I sense that some ignorant American person hasn't visited Aus, UK, and Canada... Think you'll find that Aussie has a variety of loads of climates, the UK doesn't have as many hills and rain as you think (in fact the UK is to towney for my liking - still... loads of clubs!), and Canada isn't just Tundra, in fact I know for a fact that Vancouver is more Oceanic...
Next you'll be saying that "Birmingham, UK is full of radical Muslims! Cus, like, everything that Fox News says is Fair and Balanced!"...

Old 01-13-2015, 01:14 PM

14,772 posts, read 17,035,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Truth hurts to some people but yes the US is an outlier in this comparison and some people just cant handle it.
Considering how many times we have to compare the USA to all 3 of the other countries maybe we should just do Canada vs Australia vs UK.
lol.
It's not the truth, it's called an opinion, ya know... Everyone has one

But this poster feels the need to make ridiculous statements, which I'm quiet confident are based on what she's read, rather than experienced.

Old 01-13-2015, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Irene, please answer with a simple yes/no

Have you visited Australia?
Have you visited the UK?
Have you visited Canada?
have you visited NZ?
yes to Australia
yes to Canada
yes to UK
No, never been to NZ (but it doesnt take a genius to know its a small underpopulated island far away from anything!)

and I am not American at all....

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-13-2015 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Rude

Old 01-13-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I am not even sure Id call the US an anglo country, as its very diverse and has no relations with the UK royals or its commonwealth!

Old 01-13-2015, 01:40 PM

2,174 posts, read 2,566,061 times
Quote:
I am not even sure Id call the US an anglo country, as its very diverse and has no relations with the UK royals or its commonwealth!
Hah, in that case the UK and Australia aren't anglo as both are also diverse countries... The reason why I call the US anglo is because Great Britain once ruled the country, and the US official language is English...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World