Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 09:23 PM
 started this thread
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 6 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,916,376 times

Advertisements

What Is Your Personal Reflection In Quantifying and Measuring Level Of National Friendliness To Foreigners? What Are Foreigners Supposed To Feel In Travel Experience, and Expatriate Community? Share Your Own Personal Experience, Anecdotes of Story.

There is a Global Map Trying To Show Welcoming vs. Not Welcoming Countries. Although, there is many countries people are going to disagree about in Map.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 09:42 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
I have no idea what the criteria is for "friendliness", but

- Kazakhstan is wrong, it should be red no matter the criteria, how it is blue is beyond me.
- There is no way Slovakia is red, those people are perhaps overboard on their friendliness.
- I think the US should be dark blue, and definitely not ranked lower than Mexico, I fail to see how the US is not friendly to foreigners, other than their visa BS (which applies to any visa BS in the world).
- Denmark I think is incorrect also, friendly country.
- I think Latvia and Lithuanian rank much higher.

I take it the gray means not measured, but Uzbekistan is not too bad, I would rank it in the middle, they are quite friendly to foreigners.

Edit; my view is from people traveling/extended stay to those countries, not immigration.

Last edited by boxus; 12-19-2014 at 10:28 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 10:23 PM

1,386 posts, read 1,558,382 times
The US should definitely be ahead of Mexico in how friendly it is to foreigners...Mexican authorities are like the gestapo in how they treat immigrants from central America. As much as people might complain about US Border Patrol you'd rather deal with them then Mexican authorities if your an immigrant. If anything I would put Mexico down as pink or the shade of blue above it.

Japan should be red. That country is xenophobic as hell.

UK should be pink. Immigration regardless if it's from outside of Europe or not is a major issue there and will be a major political issue going into the future for years to come.

North Korea I would put down is red as well do to how isolated that nation is and how they rarely let foreigners into the country.

All of the Middle East should actually be red. Africans go to the middle east to find jobs and they are extremely hated. Arabs routinely single them out and attack them when they catch Africans alone. Then there is the whole not wanting any other religion in the region and persecuting you over that.

Dominican Republic should be solid red because they hate Haitians and other black people who come to there country. The government of DR got flak for supporting people dressing up as the KKK during festivals in the country saying it wasn't racist.

Last edited by cwa1984; 12-19-2014 at 10:35 PM..

Old 12-19-2014, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
I have no idea what the criteria is for "friendliness", but

- Kazakhstan is wrong, it should be red no matter the criteria, how it is blue is beyond me.
- There is no way Slovakia is red, those people are perhaps overboard on their friendliness.
- I think the US should be dark blue, and definitely not ranked lower than Mexico, I fail to see how the US is not friendly to foreigners, other than their visa BS (which applies to any visa BS in the world).
- Denmark I think is incorrect also, friendly country.
- I think Latvia and Lithuanian rank much higher.

I take it the gray means not measured, but Uzbekistan is not too bad, I would rank it in the middle, they are quite friendly to foreigners.

Edit; my view is from people traveling/extended stay to those countries, not immigration.
Denmark is marked right. Geert Wilders really brought to light anti immigration in the country and the man was/is definitely not friendly to muslims and did very well at least initially in the country politically.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:00 PM

8,159 posts, read 8,729,462 times
^^ Geert Wilders is Dutch.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:25 AM

26,782 posts, read 22,534,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
That's... insignificant detail.

Don't be so picky Rozenn. Denmark, Holland - what's the difference))))

Old 12-20-2014, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
My bad.

Netherlands should be red though.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:29 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Yet again, another BS map. Meh.

Old 12-20-2014, 12:33 AM

Pretty much.

Old 12-20-2014, 05:53 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,018,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwa1984 View Post
Pretty much.
The map is a joke...basically anything posted on the daily mail is a joke (or 90% of it).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World