U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 12:01 AM

8,873 posts, read 4,842,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Why are you comparing Irish people with Middle-Easterners? Irish people are Whites. You can't get any lighter-complected than them!
Who said I compared them? All I said was that Enya would be really pale in the Middle Eastern eye and albino to Africans. Read my post again.

Btw, why do you get vexed when I mention darker races in the same sentence of Europeans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2017, 12:50 PM

3,239 posts, read 1,198,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
Who said I compared them? All I said was that Enya would be really pale in the Middle Eastern eye and albino to Africans. Read my post again.

Btw, why do you get vexed when I mention darker races in the same sentence of Europeans?
This "Black Irish" thing is just a phrase really. It's got more to do with having a dark hair colour (and sometimes dark eye colour), rather than skin colour, which can be pale but not albino!

And it's no good arguing with him anymore, cos he's been banned!

Old Today, 11:24 AM

1,447 posts, read 364,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie20 View Post
He is still not Irish. His family has long-term ancestry in the US and I don't even think he can actually trace any Irish born ancestor. He has plenty of non-Irish names in his family tree. At least use someone of predominantly Irish ancestry or even better use an Irishman. There are very few Americans that just have ancestry from one country in Europe.

Yes there are plenty of Irish with eyes that give an Asian vibe so no disagreement there.

Well, not in the case of Irish and cities like Boston and certain areas of New York. I visited the bar the brother of the family I stayed in Brighton had in New York, Grimes,...Believe me, even the cat was Irish there. But he was born in Ireland.

You are right in many places away from large recent arrival concentrations. Irish marry Catholics in large numbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World