Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 10:13 AM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,820,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noggin of Rum View Post
Very interesting. This may go some way to explaining your preferences, though I'm not sure it's appropriate to discuss it here. (A lot of revealing information about yourself).
You can post what you believe that indicates keep it PG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 10:14 AM

969 posts, read 820,762 times
Quote:
Very interesting. This may go some way to explaining your preferences, though I'm not sure it's appropriate to discuss it here. (A lot of revealing information about yourself).
Both my ring fingers are noticeably longer than my index fingers.

It's so obvious I don't need to measure them.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:16 AM

6,458 posts, read 8,124,009 times
Norway:

Pia Tjelta (actress)
Sonia Huanca Vold (journalist)
Mah-Rukh Ali (news presenter)

Old 04-24-2015, 10:36 AM

532 posts, read 591,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDominion View Post
Both my ring fingers are noticeably longer than my index fingers.

It's so obvious I don't need to measure them.
This also ties in with your own stated preferences.

Your 2D:4D digit ratio (the ratio of the lengths between your index and ring finger) is an indicator of the hormonal influences you received at a critical stage of your brain development during pregnancy.

For males, the 2D:4D digit ratio is typically low (ring > index finger), whereas for females it is high.

I won't go into more detail about this here. It's kind of off-topic, and may be regarded as insulting/personal.

Old 04-24-2015, 10:40 AM

553 posts, read 1,048,575 times
It figures, it appears you haven't been to Brazil, English.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:31 PM

24,205 posts, read 24,661,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
This will sound weird I didn't notice it until a couple of years ago but my right ring finger is slightly longer contrary to on my left hand the left index finger is slightly longer than the ring finger.
For me the opposite. My left hand's ring finger is perhaps 1mm longer than the index finger, while my right hand's index finger is longer than the ring finger.

I'm left-handed.

Old 04-24-2015, 12:35 PM

120 posts, read 137,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust Never Sleeps View Post
It figures, it appears you haven't been to Brazil, English.

I posted pictures of five beauties from some of the countries I've been to, don't understand what Brazil has to do with my post.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:07 PM

24,205 posts, read 24,661,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Norway:

Pia Tjelta (actress)
Sonia Huanca Vold (journalist)
Mah-Rukh Ali (news presenter)
Ariete approves.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:09 PM
AFP AFP started this thread

7,412 posts, read 6,820,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
For me the opposite. My left hand's ring finger is perhaps 1mm longer than the index finger, while my right hand's index finger is longer than the ring finger.

I'm left-handed.

Great I'm not the only freak.

Actually my right index finger is 4mm longer

left ring finger is 2mm longer

Old 04-24-2015, 01:10 PM

1,424 posts, read 2,472,271 times
Quote:
This also ties in with your own stated preferences.

Your 2D:4D digit ratio (the ratio of the lengths between your index and ring finger) is an indicator of the hormonal influences you received at a critical stage of your brain development during pregnancy.

For males, the 2D:4D digit ratio is typically low (ring > index finger), whereas for females it is high.

I won't go into more detail about this here. It's kind of off-topic, and may be regarded as insulting/personal.
What I find interesting about these things and sexuality is that they tend to be a little black and white. There are other supposed indicators that imply that a man might be homosexual or a woman lesbian, but I have found that with myself and other bisexuals, such indicators are majority of the time false-negatives. Meaning they give no actual indication of our preferences. Perhaps it is because the scientific community within the field of human and animal sexuality, has only started focusing on bisexuality relatively recently, whereas before it was completely based on homosexuality, which creates some inherent cultural bias within the studies.

I did find this though: The effects of sex, sexual orientation, and digit ratio (2D:4D) on mental rotation performance. - PubMed - NCBI
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World