Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Switzerland or Australia?
Switzerland 37 43.53%
Australia 48 56.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 05:02 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,344,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
hi baby boy, how do you do?
I'm tip top my love, you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2015, 05:29 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,830,107 times
I am fantastic, tanned, double-hot (one hot it's the weather, the other hot you probably get what it is), having a wonderful ice tea and hearing cows in the distance!!!

Old 04-26-2015, 05:33 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,830,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Any time you want to say you were wrong Irene, ......
Give me a damn beer and lets talk about it ok?

don't be so offended you always get mad, yet you're so adorable, i just don't get it!

Old 04-26-2015, 05:46 AM

283 posts, read 328,318 times
Quote:
Google earth sydney,melbourne, Brisbane, perth and make an effort to go far from the city centers which australians called CBD... it's pretty much like indianapolis, phoenix, atlanta and all of those American cities that feel the same, look the same, not a single person walking around, just big houses, big shopping malls (Australians love their woolworths, they are like walmarts for Americans and they are EVERYWHERE with giant parking lots), big cars, big highways and cars everywhere!
One crucial difference though - if you search for 'restaurant' on Google earth and look into the areas around all the red dots that appear on the map, you'll discover a rather diverse range of town centres and high streets that exist in the suburbs of Melbourne and especially Sydney, some of which are pretty interesting and vibrant as well.

Alternatively you can look into the areas around train stations.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,827,966 times
Swissland does it for me.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:49 AM

73 posts, read 155,832 times
For those of you who don't think the swiss are racist... you can often see these posters around the place when yet another anti-immigration vote is coming up. In any other country this would be illegal!

Old 04-26-2015, 09:07 AM

106 posts, read 142,524 times
Australia is in the middle of nowhere while Switzerland is in Europe. I like to be in the middle of the turmoil that is Europe. Don't want to miss it. Also those poisonous animals...i don't know if it is really that bad as the rumors say. The country itself is lovely i think.

Old 04-26-2015, 09:27 AM

442 posts, read 659,316 times
Norway and Switzerland are richer than Australia.
All 3 are expensive.

Australia is more laid back compared with UK, US and Canada.
But many Australians still smoke.
Great customer serive?? No, slow service, as it is more laid back society.
Bogans, alcoholism and violence are notably negative sides of Australia.
More olympic medals than Canada, France, Italy, the UK and many other countries with higher population than Australia
Australia is a regional power, Switerland is between different powers
More multicultural than Switzerland and Northern Europe, with Aborginal and Asian cultures too

Australia for some people, just the best English-speaking country. May not be the best country in the world.

Last edited by lokeung); 04-26-2015 at 09:39 AM..

Old 04-26-2015, 10:33 AM

73 posts, read 155,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lokeung) View Post
But many Australians still smoke.
How long since you been in Australia?? Smokers are a very small minority there now. For those that do smoke, the laws are extremely restrictive. Can't smoke anywhere near shops, other people, train stations, schools, playgrounds, even outdoor malls. In Switzerland there are many smokers that are allowed to smoke almost everywhere.

Quote:
Great customer serive?? No, slow service, as it is more laid back society.
Definitely great customer service... you obviously haven't experienced customer service in Switzerland which is non-existent. They make you feel like you're bothering them and intruding in their restaurant!

Quote:
Bogans, alcoholism and violence are notably negative sides of Australia.
Very true, this is definitely a negative side to Australia. But its either the alcoholism in Australia or the smokers in Switzerland... both are bad.

Old 04-26-2015, 11:18 AM

9,970 posts, read 12,344,504 times
I'll go with Australia Switzerland seems closed off and inward thinking.

Quote:
I am fantastic, tanned, double-hot (one hot it's the weather, the other hot you probably get what it is), having a wonderful ice tea and hearing cows in the distance!!!
That's great my love maybe you should join the Cows in the distance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World