Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 08:30 AM

8,863 posts, read 8,434,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Irene, come here, and I will show you the sun and stars. A tropical flower in the hands of an ice-cold determined northerner with a burning heart full of fire, I will give you the experience of your life. I'll find your "Northern Star", and we'll have a blast full of rugged passion.

Ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I am on a camp in Namibia until September with seven more people

the nationalities are:

2 German (girl and guy)
1 Finnish (guy)
1 Israeli (guy)
1 British (girl)
1 American (girl)
1 Colombian (me and girl)
1 Indian (guy)

I've noticed a pattern

the Germans are very proper and only talk about certain things most intellectual, they are cool, friendly and open minded and won't hesitate to go naked, and to be easygoing with everyone but often do tend to keep their distance when it comes to a deeper connection.

the Finnish is cold and quiet and hot, he is very attracted to me and I tease him and he loves it but you always have to be the one who teases him, he will not dare to do it. When he gets drunk he tells me I am beautiful and he likes me but only after some drinks.

the israeli wants me and he is hot, and I also tease him but he knows but he can see the Finnish guy likes me so he doesn't do anything in front of the Finnish guy, but when we're alone he likes to push the limits and tease me very openly and tells me naughty stuff and he can be very open with me and is actually very into making sure I am ok, well, safe etc.

the british guy always wants to hang out with the american girl and speak english with the germans all the time and nag and complain but also loves to explore and has a crazy side to him, especially when he is drunk he likes to flash his body parts and get crazy

the american girl wants to whine and complain all the time, namibian food is gross, the weather is too dry, the facilities suck, the shopping is bad, it's too cold, its too hot, its too humid, its too dry..... and now she's gained the reputation of being difficult, she has a serious beef towards me, I don't know why but she cannot simply accept me.

the indian guy is shy, quiet, and likes to take the backseat as an observer, mostly talks when he is talked to.

me the colombian, I am the outspoken one, the one who goes out in tiny cloths and dances and parties with the boys and swims naked with them and laughs.... the men really like me and enjoy taking me out for dinner and drinks and the german girl and the indian guy like me and think i am fun, but the american girl cannot stand me and she has made it very clear!

last night we went swimming after we have done our work and the israeli guy got totally naked, so did the german and the Finnish, and I did too and the american girl didn't.... while the german girl was tanning quiet on the other side and the indian also sat there quiet.

on the way back the American girl said, in my culture... a naked woman with a bunch of naked men swimming at a lake means NO NO NO... (she said it like trying to tell me I am a ****)
but in my colombian culture a woman who shows her body off is actually a sign of security and confidence.....

what is the issue here?

why am I being ostracized by her? if I want to be naked let me be... I do work out daily to keep in good shape so what is her beef?

I also mentioned once that ireland is too rainy and she told me that she's irish descendant and I am just rude and mean (what is that woman's beef?)

the israeli guy tells me to ignore her, she's a whiny bore but I never had issues like this with other american girls I met before.

Am I being in way offensive?

Old 05-14-2015, 08:31 AM

177 posts, read 268,816 times
I currently live in the US, and public nudity is not common, and you saying that you do it because you are confident and she is uncomfortable because she is uptight and insecure can come off as ignorant. You disrespect her beliefs and upbringing as well.
And in many cultures your behavior is ABSOLUTELY NOT OKAY and downright offensive. Saying this as an ethnic Korean.
I probably would have reacted as the American girl too if I was in her position.

Old 05-14-2015, 08:35 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,924,934 times
How old is everyone is this camp?

Old 05-14-2015, 09:05 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkqfpkTTy2w

Old 05-14-2015, 09:28 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
me the colombian, I am the outspoken one, the one who goes out in tiny cloths and dances and parties with the boys and swims naked with them and laughs.... the men really like me and enjoy taking me out for dinner and drinks and the german girl and the indian guy like me and think i am fun, but the american girl cannot stand me and she has made it very clear!

Am I being in way offensive?
I don't think you're being offensive and I think that girl whines about everything anyway, so don't take it personally.

I will tell you that I personally can't stand the company of the loud, outspoken party type. I find it obnoxious and annoying. Really big personalities like that are only good for me in small doses, even if the person is genuine and nice...it's just too attention-seeking for me. But a couple of my very, very good friends are like this...then again, I don't have to live with them.
So maybe that's her issue.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:54 AM

469 posts, read 576,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is not typical Latina behavior, despite what she says. I know better than that and I don't buy it
Most of my friends and inlaws are Latin American and I agree. The prospect of a female swimming nude with a bunch of guys would be seen as rather disgusting by most, if not all of them. Some Latino cultures are a little more liberal than others, yes, but I have an extremely hard time believing this type of behavior would be seen as "typical" in any of them.

Last edited by wvtraveler; 05-14-2015 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: grammar mistake

Old 05-14-2015, 09:55 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
How old is everyone is this camp?
23 to 29

Old 05-14-2015, 09:58 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,377,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I always thought it was funny that Irene's view of people was oddly stereotypical, just like this thread. Plus, if she really is Colombian, she is definitely in the 5% or less of the population that go swimming nude on a beach. This is not typical Latina behavior, despite what she says. I know better than that and I don't buy it
I can't comment on Latina behavior as I am not Latino. However, the only reason I am inclined to believe at least part of what she's saying is because almost all of my friends are female. A couple of them are hot and I have seen them receive this exact behavior Irene describes from other females.

Now, it is my impression that most Latino cultures tend to be more on the conservative side when it comes to nudity. Am I right in assuming that?

Last edited by Gentoo; 05-14-2015 at 10:07 AM..

Old 05-14-2015, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvtraveler View Post
Most of my friends and inlaws are Latin American and I agree. The prospect of a female swimming nude with a bunch of guys would be seen as rather disgusting by most, if not all of them. Some Latino cultures are a little more liberal than others, yes, but I have an extremely hard time believing this type of behavior would be seen as "typical" in any of them.

it depends on the latin american country

mexico is very conservative, I got to see women riding scooters sideways as a passengers because its unload like to sit with your legs open.... but that is mexico though.

Colombia is a liberal culture in the sense that women show a lot, while explicit nudity is not welcome, colombian girls aren't necessarily shy about wearing skimpy cloths or showing skin at the beach. and many wear daisy dukes and ride scooters with their legs open and no one gets scandalized.

I think it's a matter of cultural perspective

Old 05-14-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I can't comment on Latina behavior as I am not Latino. However, the only reason I am inclined to believe at least of what she's saying is because almost all of my friends are female. A couple of them are hot and I have seen them receive this exact behavior Irene describes from other females.

Now, it is my impression that most Latino cultures tend to be more on the conservative side when it comes to nudity. Am I right in assuming that?
there is no latino culture

if you go to Argentina women go to the beach topless and nudity on Tv is as common as violence on american TV

while in the more conservative mexico or central america a breast on national tv scandalizes people

colombian culture is relatively open towards sexuality, it's not rare to see tiny thongs on the beach and women in showing off cloths. While in mexico for example that would not be acceptable.

I think Colombia is South Florida and Mexico is Texas while Argentina is northern California.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World