Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 03:36 AM

290 posts, read 259,203 times

Advertisements

Suppose that you had to vanish off the face of the planet. For whatever reason. Crime. Because you are sick of everyone else.

You decide to vanish completely. Let's assume that you are an expert survivalist and trained in all hostile environments to find food, water etc. Your only limitation is that you can't have any technology that is trackable, e.g satellite backpack.

Where do you go?

As a parochial Australian I am proud of my country's potential to make you vanish. I suggest that you head outback. But not real outback - that is like death valley. And you want to avoid the crocodiles. So I suggest the Blue Mountains in NSW. Water sources such as creeks. Plenty of food, especially with hunting skills - wild deer, wild boar etc. Wild fruits. There is terrain that is rugged enough for no vehicle to be able to enter. That is even better. There are also national parks with thick bushland for cover. The winters could get a bit cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 03:42 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,032,303 times
Tourist parts of Thailand

Old 05-31-2015, 04:21 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent hypnotist View Post
Suppose that you had to vanish off the face of the planet. For whatever reason. Crime. Because you are sick of everyone else.

You decide to vanish completely. Let's assume that you are an expert survivalist and trained in all hostile environments to find food, water etc. Your only limitation is that you can't have any technology that is trackable, e.g satellite backpack.

Where do you go?

As a parochial Australian I am proud of my country's potential to make you vanish. I suggest that you head outback. But not real outback - that is like death valley. And you want to avoid the crocodiles. So I suggest the Blue Mountains in NSW. Water sources such as creeks. Plenty of food, especially with hunting skills - wild deer, wild boar etc. Wild fruits. There is terrain that is rugged enough for no vehicle to be able to enter. That is even better. There are also national parks with thick bushland for cover. The winters could get a bit cold.
Same here, but Canadian.

Northern Ontario / Southern Quebec, or anywhere British Columbia.

You'll never be found unless you want to be, never be short on food/clothing, fresh water, shelter....anything, really. Winter is not a big deal, provided you prepare. You have plenty of animal hides to make clothes to layer up, sleep under or to make a tepee in your first year, while you use wood to build something more permanent. Plenty of fire wood.

Yep. I'm glad I live here. lol

Old 05-31-2015, 04:32 AM

1,225 posts, read 1,405,345 times
Somewhere in deep Africa. However, as a white woman, I wouldn't do that myself. Its still not entirely safe for stray women to be roaming around by themselves in many parts of the world.

If I wanted to get away from friends/family/stalkers/other people, I'd move to another country (in South America or Europe), change my address, phone number, everything.

If I wanted my own land, far away from civilization to build a homestead or such: I'd move to Alaska.

If I was running from the law? Well, I wouldn't be. I'd throw my own self in jail if it came to that. Jail is safer than running around in fear of being caught for the rest of time. (You get free food, healthcare, a bed, entertainment, phone calls, internet in jail and prison. You can't get that in the wild.) The end.

Old 05-31-2015, 05:00 AM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent hypnotist View Post

Where do you go?

Sounds tempting, lol
Yep blue mountains or wollemi .... Or both

Last edited by artemis agrotera; 05-31-2015 at 05:13 AM..

Old 05-31-2015, 06:00 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DDESS View Post
Somewhere in deep Africa. However, as a white woman, I wouldn't do that myself. Its still not entirely safe for stray women to be roaming around by themselves in many parts of the world.

If I wanted to get away from friends/family/stalkers/other people, I'd move to another country (in South America or Europe), change my address, phone number, everything.

If I wanted my own land, far away from civilization to build a homestead or such: I'd move to Alaska.

If I was running from the law? Well, I wouldn't be. I'd throw my own self in jail if it came to that. Jail is safer than running around in fear of being caught for the rest of time. (You get free food, healthcare, a bed, entertainment, phone calls, internet in jail and prison. You can't get that in the wild.) The end.
And sex.

You might not want it....but you'll get it. lol

Old 05-31-2015, 06:09 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
I'm not a survivalist (I simply don't have the skills), so...no thanks. I'm all for a simple , environment friendly life though (I don't have a car, it's a first -and essential-step; no hunting rifle either- only thinking of me aiming at Bambi makes me hate myself). Altough I'm not a vegetarian (I eat a bit of chicken and fish mostly, red meat- rarely-that means only once a week ). I know, I know, it's pretty hypocritical because I'd rather pay others to kill the animals I eat. As long as they are not tortured (I refuse hallal and kosher meat) I guess it's a lesser evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World