Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 03:19 PM

86 posts, read 126,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
I agree he is calling his hostility honesty. He makes a wild generalization, elicits conflict then will say "see I told you so." It's so obvious. I think if anyone reads the thread carefully they would see who the reasonable ones are.
And that sweeping generalization about Aussies and Brits lol?

Old 05-31-2015, 03:21 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
I think the poster himself begins with an unwarranted, unfair, prejudiced attack.
Boo Hoo..Really in truly..I've heard Canada and Canadian's constantly bashed by Faux news..described as a 3rd world country and may only mention that Canada is assisting on this that or other thing..then next day..Canada is doing this or that CONTRARY to blah..It's been like that since 1990's but escalated after FOX went on attacks (1995-1996>O'Reilly's inaugural)..then followed up with you-tubes and blogger's claims......
Canadian's are very proud people and in general we do NOT suffer Ignorance lightly..but then again we turn the other cheek..disregard such ignorance lightly because most here in Canada are INFORMED..so WE don't start calling names..blaming or going that extra mile and protest American Intrusions on our rights....

WE in general are quiet..but resolved to ignore and yes..even LOL at the ignorance of what some say..even the media who promotes it ROFLMBO..Actually Fox was unable to gain access to our airways directly because of it.. wequietly petitioned and got it banned thru our CRTC ( regulators)..BAM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Trafton View Post
I'm an American and from what I see the overwhelming majority of American's could really care less what others think. Most really don't care what happens beyond our boarders. It's almost as if the majority of the country lives on an island separated from the rest of the planet and have little interest on what goes out outside of the island, unless they are drawn in by politicians, then they get all excited.

I live in the midwest and it's shocking how little thought goes into everywhere else. The ignorance is shocking. Many couldn't find Germany on a map, even if you gave them a hint that it is in Europe. I take interest in the World beyond the US, but if I start a conversation on anything outside of a war or jobs exported to China I receive a glazed over confused look as if I'm taking about quantum physics or something. Believe me, for the most part they could give a rats a@@ what anyone thinks.

So to answer the question, no they are neither sensitive or critical. Willfully ignorant is a better way to put it.
But when a large swath of a society strictly get's their info from ONE Sided Resource..Very highly funded places..by a very few Billionaires.....and accuse opposite side of discussion as being ignorant..and stupid and NOT knowing the truths..even when shown Proof...I envision the finger in ears icon..saying I won't hear it..wont see it and don't believe it..It's lies..made up or conspiracy...It's been like that for far too long.... Younger generations has access to ALL sides..sure there's a few who gravitate to one or other..BUT at least can't say..it's not true...Could explain the very fast increases for previously banned thoughts/beliefs such as LGBT Rights/Marriage or Pot legalization in many states....For them it's Much ado about nothing...

Old 05-31-2015, 03:27 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Boo Hoo..Really in truly..I;ve heard Canada and Canadian's constantly bashed by Fzux news..described as a 3rd world country and may only mention that Canada is assisting on this that or other thing..then next day..Canada is doing this or that CONTRARY to blah..It's been like that since 1990's but escalated after FOX went on attacks..then followed up with you-tubes and blogger's claims......Canadian's are very proud people and in general we do NOT suffer Ifnorance lightly..but then again we turn the other cheek..disregard such ignorance because most here in Canada are INFORMED..so don't start calling names..blaming or going that extra mile and protest American Intrusions on our rights....WE in general are quiet..but resolved to ignore and yes..even LOL at the ignorance of what some say..even the media who promotes it..Actually Fox was unable to gain access to our airways directly because of it..quietly petitioned and banned it thru our CRTC ( regulators)..BAM...

But when a large swath of a society strictly get's their info from ONE Sided Resource..Very highly funded places..by a very few Billionaires.....and accuse opposite side of discussion as being ignorant..and stupid and NOT knowing the truths..even when shown Proof...I envision the finger in ears icon..saying I won't hear it..wont see it and don't believe it..It's lies..made up or conspiracy...It's been like that for far too long.... Younger generations has access to ALL sides..sure there's a few who gravitate to one or other..BUT at least can't say..it's not true...Could explain the very fast increases for previously banned thoughts/beliefs such as LGBT Rights/Marriage or Pot legalization in many states....For them it's Much ado about nothing...

Many Americans dislike Fox news the only time I ever tune in is to see what the conservatives are up to they cater to a certain segment don't judge us all based on Fox News.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:36 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,636 times
And another anti-American rant by Lyndarn. Talk about wild prejudices.
I think most of our responses to the original post illustrated exactly the opposite of the hostile post---our responses were reasonable and thoughtful. But now he (they) can say, "see they are sensitive, they can't be criticized. We are right."
We were baited and trapped unfortunately.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I think most of our responses to the original post illustrated exactly the opposite of the hostile post---our responses were reasonable and thoughtful. But now he (they) can say, "see they are sensitive, they can't be criticized. We are right."
You think they were but they weren't. Whats worse is your being disingenuous. Unwilling to acknowledge the truth of the situation, or quick to brush it off onto someone else, whilst calling my post a generalization. You're quite manipulative.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:40 PM
AFP

Quote:

Perhaps we should just annex them and be done with it it's all a silly game anyway.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Well, maybe. There is a subset of Americans who think in terms of: "We are no. 1"
But have you ever heard of Aussies and Brits on the attack? They can give offense very quickly first also.
Canadians are usually way too nice.

Case in point.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:42 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,370,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Many Americans dislike Fox news the only time I ever tune in is to see what the conservatives are up to they cater to a certain segment don't judge us all based on Fox News.
I don't even watch it myself..yet much as those telling us we only listen to Lefty media sites..I watch our own Canadian news..MSNBC,CNN amongst other programming..and somehow I still hear the RIGHT WING spin of things..and BTW they don't get abused like they left wing does on Fox...actually see snippets of those attacks by O'Reilly or Hannity or some other Pundit Politician to go on and BASH it.....SO Of course..NOT all American's are Fox news singularly educated..But then Rush Limbach fills the minds of radio listeners..then of course Breitbart avid fans worship everything they have to write about....The list goes on...

I do have American friends..and have had some very insightful conversations..I was amazed..just how Politic's has become so devisive amongst American's in general...We up here rarely discuss Politics at all ( Religion as well)...it's deemed a personal issue..none of our business..door knockers try to talk ( election time)..I say, please leave your brochure ..I'll will read it ( and do) and come voting day..I vote for the candidate ( watch their debates etc) that actually addresses realistically ISSUES important to me....Course we do have over half dozen parties to chose from

Old 05-31-2015, 03:43 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,960,636 times
Lol. That would skyrocket their hostility to the breaking point.

Old 05-31-2015, 03:50 PM
AFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I don't even watch it myself..yet much as those telling us we only listen to Lefty media sites..I watch our own Canadian news..MSNBC,CNN amongst other programming..and somehow I still hear the RIGHT WING spin of things..and BTW they don't get abused like they left wing does on Fox...actually see snippets of those attacks by O'Reilly or Hannity or some other Pundit Politician to go on and BASH it.....SO Of course..NOT all American's are Fox news singularly educated..But then Rush Limbach fills the minds of radio listeners..then of course Breitbart avid fans worship everything they have to write about....The list goes on...

I do have American friends..and have had some very insightful conversations..I was amazed..just how Politic's has become so devisive amongst American's in general...We up here rarely discuss Politics at all ( Religion as well)...it's deemed a personal issue..none of our business..door knockers try to talk ( election time)..I say, please leave your brochure ..I'll will read it ( and do) and come voting day..I vote for the candidate ( watch their debates etc) that actually addresses realistically ISSUES important to me....Course we do have over half dozen parties to chose from
Yes I know most of my family is conservative however politics is no longer discussed due to the discussions getting too heated for comfort. Politics is extremely division in the USA.

I dislike all of the Pundits you mentioned but particularly Rush Limbaugh I can't tolerate his voice much less his views.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World