Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 12:54 PM

2,729 posts, read 2,689,519 times

Advertisements

Yes, world has always changed etc. but do you think every origin decades should be their own reservats? In that country where they born in and then immigrants are bringing their cultures in, do you think originals should be a reservat where they could choose to live by old ways and not in multi-culture? All basic on free choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 03:04 PM

9,889 posts, read 14,745,715 times
Most countries in the world are not becoming multicultural, its only in a handful of mostly Western countries. With that in mind, I'm sure 100 years from now most cultures are going to be a much more up-to-date version of themselves. In a handful of countries things are going to change so much that maybe most of their future population will not even identify with the history of those countries and will change even the very basic foundations on which those countries were originally founded.

Old 08-21-2015, 11:26 PM

42,579 posts, read 86,736,103 times
I think societies ought to evolve their own social organizations, without regard to how I would like them to be. You cant force cultural relationships to follow what seems to an analyst or a planner to be a logical or rational path. That's been tried before, always with disastrous results

For a century, African Americans asked to be admitted to the mainstream of American life.
When they finally were, they went on to decline the invitation, and insisted on retaining their own separate culture.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I think societies ought to evolve their own social organizations, without regard to how I would like them to be. You cant force cultural relationships to follow what seems to an analyst or a planner to be a logical or rational path. That's been tried before, always with disastrous results

For a century, African Americans asked to be admitted to the mainstream of American life.
When they finally were, they went on to decline the invitation, and insisted on retaining their own separate culture.

That is why I am asking reservation to me and not for them...

Old 08-22-2015, 12:45 AM

18,063 posts, read 25,158,903 times
How would that be enforced?

Old 08-22-2015, 01:19 AM

4,499 posts, read 6,323,438 times
Frankly, and he cities of Austria have always been melting pots. If you want to wear lederhosen all day you'll just have to move to a secluded mountain village in one of the western states.

Old 08-22-2015, 08:03 AM

42,579 posts, read 86,736,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soUlwounD View Post
That is why I am asking reservation to me and not for them...
And my point is, it is not our business to ask for anything, but to let society form its own boundaries. What you are asking for will happen in some places and not in others, according to the circumstances under which the society evolves.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:57 AM

24,144 posts, read 24,718,032 times
Ok, so the local 2000's reservate would have to exchange currency to the Finnish Mark, the 90's reservate would do a lot of stupid dotcom deals while listening to Darude. Also in the 90's reservate there would be 20% unemployment and a collapsed economy. The 80's reservate would watch Miami Vice, dress up silly and gamble with the economy. The 60's reservate would crap their pants as we'd had to create a scary Soviet Union, the 40's reservate would be in the state of war.

And so on. Terrible idea, as all these examples are things that just can't be brought back to 2015, or include things people don't want to come back.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Ok, so the local 2000's reservate would have to exchange currency to the Finnish Mark, the 90's reservate would do a lot of stupid dotcom deals while listening to Darude. Also in the 90's reservate there would be 20% unemployment and a collapsed economy. The 80's reservate would watch Miami Vice, dress up silly and gamble with the economy. The 60's reservate would crap their pants as we'd had to create a scary Soviet Union, the 40's reservate would be in the state of war.

And so on. Terrible idea, as all these examples are things that just can't be brought back to 2015, or include things people don't want to come back.

huh? Just stay where you want to be, nobody asked you to move into my new country-reservation

No passport to ariete.

I am sending invitation to santa, no taxes for santa
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World