Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2015, 06:34 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
LOL. I doubt Ulta would risk coming to the Canada forum to ask about it. If Ulta thinks about it for two minutes or reads around on the Canada forum for awhile s/he should realize s/he will get shot down in flames for asking such a dumb question.

What are we gonna do? Beat her up? Tell her mommy on her?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 07:04 PM

77 posts, read 99,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Very few people actually do that and those that do obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Idiots, don't bother me.
In the truest sense, your posts reveal one of the Canadians who bristle at the thought of being America Lite. Do you really not see this? Always making great claims about Canadian achievements over Americans that usual turn out to be exaggerated. I am just saying that it is how it appears. Just like the comments earlier about Thanksgiving being a Canadian invention, or at least that the Canadians are really the first to do it. Do you really not see the irony in what you are saying?

Look at Canadians who inform everyone "we won the war of 1812". A war that nobody won and most stupidly there was no country called Canada. Only a rural British colony filled with indifferent French-Canadians. But the Britons and the Americans forget that this skirmish even happened. This is the kind of things that make people think Canada has a chip on it's shoulder. When I was younger Canada used to have a better reputation, I guess like some allude it's because we didn't know much about Canada. Today the more I see from Canadians, and I do mean the ones speaking English more than the French ones. It appears like the people are insecure yet also very arrogant compared to their neighbors. You rarely see Americans trying to put down Canada or even inflate a superiority over Canada. I am a business owner and believe me when I say I have regular interaction with Canadians and Americans and it isn't the Americans who go on and on about their greatness. If I had to describe my interactions with Americans in over 35 years of cross the pond business I would call Americans very friendly and polite people. If I had to describe my interactions with Canadians over that 35 + years it would be that they shamelessly promote Canada at every turn and also insult their neighbors.

I will make the dutiful apology to Canadians who don't engage in this behavior but in my extensive experience with North Americans Canadians repeatedly give themselves a increasingly bad name.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:55 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
In the truest sense, your posts reveal one of the Canadians who bristle at the thought of being America Lite. Do you really not see this? Always making great claims about Canadian achievements over Americans that usual turn out to be exaggerated. I am just saying that it is how it appears. Just like the comments earlier about Thanksgiving being a Canadian invention, or at least that the Canadians are really the first to do it. Do you really not see the irony in what you are saying?

Look at Canadians who inform everyone "we won the war of 1812". A war that nobody won and most stupidly there was no country called Canada. Only a rural British colony filled with indifferent French-Canadians. But the Britons and the Americans forget that this skirmish even happened. This is the kind of things that make people think Canada has a chip on it's shoulder. When I was younger Canada used to have a better reputation, I guess like some allude it's because we didn't know much about Canada. Today the more I see from Canadians, and I do mean the ones speaking English more than the French ones. It appears like the people are insecure yet also very arrogant compared to their neighbors. You rarely see Americans trying to put down Canada or even inflate a superiority over Canada. I am a business owner and believe me when I say I have regular interaction with Canadians and Americans and it isn't the Americans who go on and on about their greatness. If I had to describe my interactions with Americans in over 35 years of cross the pond business I would call Americans very friendly and polite people. If I had to describe my interactions with Canadians over that 35 + years it would be that they shamelessly promote Canada at every turn and also insult their neighbors.

I will make the dutiful apology to Canadians who don't engage in this behavior but in my extensive experience with North Americans Canadians repeatedly give themselves a increasingly bad name.
It must be you.
I've never experienced this with Canadians. Very polite, and easy to get along with.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
LOL. I doubt Ulta would risk coming to the Canada forum to ask about it. If Ulta thinks about it for two minutes or reads around on the Canada forum for awhile s/he should realize s/he will get shot down in flames for asking such a dumb question.

Wow! getting so hostile over the most random things

But yeah i agree, don't bring up the USA in the Canada forums... unless if you want to watch everyone get their panties in a bunch.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:25 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,851,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulta View Post
the northernmost tip of colombia is 1781 miles from the southernmost tip and the easternmost part is 1228 miles from the westernmost

it;s not a small country

plus most colombians live on the northeastern part of the country (towards the coast and mountains), while 70% of the country is sparsely populated, it's most deep tropical amazon rainforest without any sort of development.

a good half of the country looks like this
Dang, that country is huge!!!! If it's southermost point sits at 4 degrees south latitude (or around there) that means that the northern point stretches 1781 miles, or more then 29 degrees of latitude north of there which would put the northern tip of Colombia at 25 degrees or so N making it extend to the FL keys.

Closer to about 960 (or about 16 degrees from 4S to 12N), add 60 or so if you enter el Caribe and include San Andres. Still a large country but I had to be a smartass here.

Last edited by marlinfshr; 08-26-2015 at 08:39 PM..

Old 08-26-2015, 10:15 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Wow! getting so hostile over the most random things

But yeah i agree, don't bring up the USA in the Canada forums... unless if you want to watch everyone get their panties in a bunch.
Yeah, just a tad hostile, I agree, but I don't think it's over something random. I'll tell you why.

This thread is a hostile thread starting with post # 1 posted by the OP, continued by the OP, and it's not a first time situation for the OP (whom quite a few people, myself included, think is the banned Irene-CD reincarnated in another name).

This topic was started in the spirit of mockery and sarcasm with the goal of making other people seem stupid. Dumb was the word used but in the context it was used it meant stupid. Mockery and sarcasm and telling mocking anecdotal stories that make other people look stupid are forms of hostility being directed at the people being called stupid. So it's a hostile topic.

You don't have to agree with me. Maybe you are being selective in recognizing mockery and hostility only in certain people (like myself for example) and not recognizing it in the one who started the hostility and in those who were happy to encourage the mocking tone of the topic. Frankly I don't think this World forum is an appropriate place for this kind of topic because it's not about the World, it's just about making other people look stupid, but I don't know if there is any other place where it would be appropriate. I find it disheartening that some people take satisfaction in being mocking and making fools of people and encouraging continued mockery and hostility in others.

Last edited by Zoisite; 08-26-2015 at 10:38 PM..

Old 08-27-2015, 02:18 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,023,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Man you have issues.

I simply posted the facts. Somehow that set you off.
Yeah, definitely way over the top. The poster seems pretty hung up about Canada.

Old 08-27-2015, 06:24 AM

27,564 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
How is LA more different from NY than, let's say, Milan and Naples?
How?
Ethnicities (all amalgamated into the melting pot) and geography?
This?
I would say that New York feels closer to London than it does to Los Angeles, except for the accents.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:18 AM

26,882 posts, read 38,032,223 times
Quote:
Yeah, just a tad hostile, I agree, but I don't think it's over something random. I'll tell you why.

This thread is a hostile thread starting with post # 1 posted by the OP, continued by the OP, and it's not a first time situation for the OP (whom quite a few people, myself included, think is the banned Irene-CD reincarnated in another name).

This topic was started in the spirit of mockery and sarcasm with the goal of making other people seem stupid. Dumb was the word used but in the context it was used it meant stupid. Mockery and sarcasm and telling mocking anecdotal stories that make other people look stupid are forms of hostility being directed at the people being called stupid. So it's a hostile topic.

You don't have to agree with me. Maybe you are being selective in recognizing mockery and hostility only in certain people (like myself for example) and not recognizing it in the one who started the hostility and in those who were happy to encourage the mocking tone of the topic. Frankly I don't think this World forum is an appropriate place for this kind of topic because it's not about the World, it's just about making other people look stupid, but I don't know if there is any other place where it would be appropriate. I find it disheartening that some people take satisfaction in being mocking and making fools of people and encouraging continued mockery and hostility in others.

Inasmuch as this thread (starting from the OP) doesn't focus on one particular nationality being "dumb", then I don't see the issue with it.

(Surely you're not suggesting that this thread was started in order to bash your country - Canada - specifically.)

Old 08-27-2015, 08:30 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,808,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
It is on INSISTING you bring something negative into threads on the US. Case in point is this one both previous post you interjected the US on drug use? Drug use is not the topic...... Many times you point out NEGATIVE VIEWS on US cities in threads. MUCH IS OUTDATED on aspects of US Cities cores. Most of which have benn revived. Also proclaiming areas you were to have lived in the US to know it all.

I cannot say I read you post a favorable view on US cities you CLAIM, to have lived.

I stand by what I said sorry. Anti-aspects of America and their lifestyle and cities. Again. To bring in US drug use IN BOTH POST WAS FOR WHAT REASON IN THIS THREAD?
Please take your medication.

I have never claimed to have lived in the US, in fact I have never been in the US. You are mistaking me for someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World