Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:48 PM

191 posts, read 167,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Me, and a traveling companion had a very deep conversation at a hookah lounge in the East Village seriously contemplating a Black Sea road trip from Romania through Bulgaria, Istanbul Turkey, all of the Turkish Black Sea to Georgia Batumi-Tbilisi. Yeah, you are right with the Turkish Black Sea. Incredibly lush scenery and high mountains right next to the sea the closer someone gets to Georgia. Trabzon, Samsun, Zonguldak, Ordu, Rize, and Hopa are probably some of the largest cities towns of the Turkish Black Sea. Even more exotic than Romania's Black Sea technically, even though I have lots of family members around Constanta, travel as a local there rather than a complete foreigner, and I am bilingual with Romanian language.

Is there really not even one ultra special nightlife district for any of those Turkish Black Sea regions? Not even one nightclub, bar, hookah lounge? I find that really not rationally feasible. Areas of Istanbul city limits is just 5 miles/8km from the Turkish Black Sea, and some immediate Istanbul suburbs such as Kumkoy is right on the Black Sea. That still counts.

There's no notable nightlife area in the Black Sea areas, but there is some nightlife. You'll find hookah(nargile) places pretty much everywhere; it's an integral part of Turkish culture. You should be able to find a selection of bars in Zonguldak, Samsun and Trabzon; I'd imagine there are probably some in Giresun, Ordu, Rize and Hopa as well. Bear in mind that the further east you go, the more conservative it becomes.

Don't forget Amasra and Sinop on the coast, and I would recommend trips to Safranbolu and Amasya as well. They aren't too far from the coast and they are well worth the extra hours it takes to go there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2016, 12:10 PM
 started this thread
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 7 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,917,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDocKat View Post
What the heck is a hookah lounge?
All Hookah Lounges are very spiritual, and exotic feeling Nightclubs offering flavored tobacco smoking from objects that are very different and alien compared to cigarettes. Another type of alternative smoking experience clearly superior compared to regular no flavor cigarette smoking. Flavors of tobacco to smoke include Blueberry, Lime, Pineapple, Almond, and Hazelnut. When smoking enough Hookah, there is always or usually a very high feeling sensation similar to what people feel when getting high on marijuana weed. Hookah Lounges create a very invigorating soothing comfortable atmosphere.

Not only relevant to smoking flavored tobacco. Hookah Lounges have an equal offer with tons of alcoholic beverages, and sometimes even food similar to Falafel. They are top end exotic resembling nightclub bars with another theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
http://ozonehookahloungesonora.com/images/hookah%201%20%281%29.jpg
Yeah, a solid visual illustration. Although, judging by the picture some people might not know yet what Hookah Lounges are. Describe the picture in words. I have made my own definition of Hookah Lounges above.

Are there much of those in the Netherlands, other than the marijuana "Coffee Shops"? Are they very ubiquitous or rare to unknown? Only at Amsterdam?

Old 02-13-2016, 01:57 PM
 started this thread

More of those Hookah Lounges with visual representation!

My Favorite Hookah Lounges always have a very elaborate design. Complex very spiritual ambiance. Sometimes Turkey Middle Eastern style Bazaars Alien Color Lamps Chandeliers Antiques around.

Even Italy is starting to have some of them
Rome Central Italy Sciam Hookah Lounge

Maybe one of the best nightclub bars within all of the country of Italy. Regions of Central to Southern Italy might have the natural tendency to have even more nightlife than Northern regions. Even in the North, nightlife might not be dead after all.

Last edited by ; 02-13-2016 at 02:38 PM..

Old 02-13-2016, 06:53 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabanci View Post
There's no notable nightlife area in the Black Sea areas, but there is some nightlife. You'll find hookah(nargile) places pretty much everywhere; it's an integral part of Turkish culture. You should be able to find a selection of bars in Zonguldak, Samsun and Trabzon; I'd imagine there are probably some in Giresun, Ordu, Rize and Hopa as well. Bear in mind that the further east you go, the more conservative it becomes.

Don't forget Amasra and Sinop on the coast, and I would recommend trips to Safranbolu and Amasya as well. They aren't too far from the coast and they are well worth the extra hours it takes to go there.
Infinitely much better than none to have at least SOME nightlife. Romania's Black Sea might end up the complete polar opposite compared to Turkey's Black sea then regarding nightlife. Nightclub Discotheques, and Bars don't seem too common around Turkish Black Sea while they are much more frequent around Romania's beach land area. Especially at Constanta Mamaia, Vama Veche, and Costinesti.

There is a very special major nightlife district area called Mamaia. Rather significant and massive. Maybe up to 5 miles/8km long on a barrier peninsula. Used to be close to Ibiza's realm around 5 years to one decade ago. Remarkably declined, yet there is more than 25 Nightclub Discotheques there, and immaculate nightlife vibrancy. One of the best magical boardwalks ever my entire life.

Having tons of Hookah Lounges around is always spiritually uplifting news when relevant. At least there is lots of those around the Turkish Black Sea according to your own claim. Are those bars of Trabzon, Samsun, and Zongdulak very fancy World Class ambiance, in between, or very rustic simple stark bare essentials?

Hopefully, Giresun, Ordu, Rize, and Hopa aren't entirely absent with any nightlife. My favorite one east of north Istanbul outskirts/Kumkoy is without a doubt Trabzon right now. More exotic, closer to Georgia Black Sea around Batumi, some more unique architecture, Sumela Monastery, Ataturk Pavilion, and very close to Pontiac Mountains extra lush highest mountains of Turkey.

I think my earlier fascination of Turkish Black Sea originally came from how obscure, and unknown the area is to me. Also, to compare my very familiar experience with Romania's Black Sea compared to Turkey's one, including analyzing my own travels to Bulgaria's Black Sea, and reflecting upon a future Black Sea Road trip.

Overall, in this country, I think I prefer the Turkish Mediterranean at this point of reference. Superior more common nightlife, more architecture variation, more urban, and even more of a tropical resort feel.

Are there lots of other Hookah Lounges Nightlife Bars similar to this one at Istanbul? Wow, very mythological, ultra spiritual, and religious icon. One of the best legendary visual images I have ever seen my entire life. Hypnotically alluring.

Old 02-13-2016, 07:47 PM

1,099 posts, read 1,428,286 times
Thepastthepresentandfuture, I do enjoy your posts, but I am amazed at how much you can write about the specifics of nightlife

Old 02-20-2016, 07:55 PM
 started this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanRam View Post
Thepastthepresentandfuture, I do enjoy your posts, but I am amazed at how much you can write about the specifics of nightlife
Yeah, I have thought to an infinite real extra spiritual power on those Nightclubs, Independent Cafes, Bars, and any other relevant nightlife experience. I always want to remember any World Class cafe, bar, or nightclub Discotheque nightlife memory. Having these experiences in up to 11 countries. Extra specific wise: (Constanta Mamaia-Eforie Nord-Eforie Sud-Costinesti-Vama Veche Romania's beach cities, Prague Czech Republic, Bratislava Slovakia, French Mediterranean, Paris France, Northern regions of Italy, Vienna & Innsbruck Tyrol Austria, Cancun Mexico, Costa Rica, Bulgaria, Montreal Quebec Canada Vancouver British Columbia, and NYC/Seattle USA). Hopefully, I eventually collect up to at least 25 countries before 30 years old.

Having Wifi Independent Cafe Bar Restaurant, and Nightclub Discotheque vision, I am heavily contemplating whether to ever open up a Cafe or Nightclub.

Ended up ultimately deciding to stay with my College Double major of Computer Information Technology Website Developing Database Administration, and Architecture to later open up those destination zones on another Globe or Universe when I am not alive here. On this World with Planet Earth, I always need stable paid work, and employee security with a solid very consistent pay check unfortunately. I always want to have more than $50,000 annually. Although, a high enough percentage of Business Store owners make even more money plenty of times. It's just opening up a Business is too complicated and is supposed to be more simple to thrive long term. I rather depend on Computers, or Architecture paid work money.

I believe every area of the World requires these Cafes, and Nightclubs absolutely everywhere. They make people very happy, much more satisfied with their own lives, and a peace sign symbol. Unbelievable maybe around 90% of Planet Earth is really starved of these resources. Necessary enough, and ought to be a moral obligation to society with obtaining much more of them absolutely everywhere. World Class Independent Cafes and Nightclubs everywhere is a very spiritual dream.

Communicating on the specifics of nightlife is very relevant to all people.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:04 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
Different sorts of nighttime activities appeal to different demographics... dance clubs are going to appeal most to the under-30s, jazz clubs to a somewhat older crowd, and so on. So I'm in my 40s, and I might rank cities a little differently from someone who's 25 and looking for the world's edgiest punk scene (or whatever it is that the young folk are into these days... I don't think I even know).

I'd probably look at things like live music in genres that I like (jazz, blues, classical), and live theatre, and creative restaurants and nice lounges with a relaxed vibe. So I'm thinking of Toronto, London, NYC, Chicago, etc.. Ibiza not so much.

Old 02-20-2016, 08:26 PM

10,644 posts, read 16,027,294 times
Quote:
Are there much of those in the Netherlands, other than the marijuana "Coffee Shops"? Are they very ubiquitous or rare to unknown? Only at Amsterdam?
They can be found in every city with at least 50k people.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:10 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
Yeah, Rio De Janeiro must have stellar nightlife. Carnival is supportive evidence of the epic partying. Downtown, South Zone neighborhoods, Copacabana, and Ipanema are all worth checking out.

Are there any nightclubs in Rio with Chandeliers or Disco Balls inside, including a massive space, and tons of unique decorations everywhere? I have a feeling Buenos Aires Argentina or Santiago Chile might have more of those types of nightclubs. Basically, a sophisticated yet Earthy vibe, less rustic, very wealthy feeling, yet not too far away from pretentious exclusive nightclub vibe.

You kind of contradict yourself. Lol

I've only been to Rio once and hung out in Ipanema, Leblon and Copacabana. I personally found it to be a very vibrant and unpretentious place. But, I went to mostly bars and places where live music is played.

I personally hate clubs now (silly rules and super expensive). I'd rather have a nice wine at a wine bar or a good beer at a brewery.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:21 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Different sorts of nighttime activities appeal to different demographics... dance clubs are going to appeal most to the under-30s, jazz clubs to a somewhat older crowd, and so on. So I'm in my 40s, and I might rank cities a little differently from someone who's 25 and looking for the world's edgiest punk scene (or whatever it is that the young folk are into these days... I don't think I even know).

I'd probably look at things like live music in genres that I like (jazz, blues, classical), and live theatre, and creative restaurants and nice lounges with a relaxed vibe. So I'm thinking of Toronto, London, NYC, Chicago, etc.. Ibiza not so much.
This is sooooo true. I used to be into punk, went to many concerts, clubs, etc...now that I am nearing 40, I have little to no patience for long lines, super loud music, and pretentious people. Lol

I rate cities now based on neighborhood bars, cafes, restaurants, cultural events...I just recently went go NYC and Río and loveeeeed them because of there are so many bars, cafes and cultural/food options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World