Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2016, 06:44 AM

6,465 posts, read 8,168,029 times

Advertisements

Trump is now 70. He will be older than Reagan if he becomes president. Old geezer

Old 06-14-2016, 07:19 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,415,679 times
His reaction to the Orlando shooting on twitter made him more appalling than ever.

Just when I thought I couldn't have a lower opinon on this ****head.

Old 06-14-2016, 08:26 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,873,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
His reaction to the Orlando shooting on twitter made him more appalling than ever.

Just when I thought I couldn't have a lower opinon on this ****head.

He's capitalizing on the the anti-Muslim(anti immigrant) sentiment to deflect the conversation away from gun control, he's in the NRA's back pocket, it's all about utilizing whatever strategy necessary to get elected.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:36 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,429,713 times
I think the only way Trump wins is if there is a large Islamic terrorist attack in America or Europe just before the election. I think the "Mexican judge" situation hurt him a lot. I think Hispanics are becoming more accepted but polls show many Americans favor some type of action towards Muslim immigration, at minimum better screening to most a total ban.

I'm neither of fan of Trump's rhetoric nor Liberals putting there heads in the sand and pretending there is no greater risk for Muslim immigrants. I've already decided to vote third party this election. Republicans would have more credibility if they didn't support people on the Terror Watch List being able to buy an AR 15 and unlimited ammo.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:09 AM

2,975 posts, read 2,809,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Kinda sorta. Remember, Americans love statistics and numbers and politicians are broken down to their voting record and how they vote on similar things. If Hillary Clinton decided to vote against the next war, first thing anyone would say is that she voted for the Iraq war so she is flip-flopping on war. It can get that bad.
How did in this climate Donald Trump rise? There's no one who seems to have flip flopped as much as him on any political view. He wasn't coherent not even during the relatively short time of the electoral campaign

Old 06-14-2016, 11:22 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,344,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
How did in this climate Donald Trump rise? There's no one who seems to have flip flopped as much as him on any political view. He wasn't coherent not even during the relatively short time of the electoral campaign
Because he's not part of the establishment and a lot of Americans have grown tired of the establishment on both sides of the political spectrum. The difference is, the Republicans didn't hijack the process away from Trump the way the Democrats did with Sanders despite many in the party being against Trump.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I'm neither of fan of Trump's rhetoric nor Liberals putting there heads in the sand and pretending there is no greater risk for Muslim immigrants. I've already decided to vote third party this election. Republicans would have more credibility if they didn't support people on the Terror Watch List being able to buy an AR 15 and unlimited ammo.
In the end, it seems that things had more to do with the instability of the terrorist than they had to with his faith. From an outsider's point of view, this should serve as a boost for Democrats more so than it will for Republicans as once again stricter gun laws would have stopped this from happening.

Aside from that, third parties (either Libertarian or Green) are the main ways to protest against the current situation and you are all realizing that probably due to woeful candidates on both sides.

Quote:
Because he's not part of the establishment and a lot of Americans have grown tired of the establishment on both sides of the political spectrum. The difference is, the Republicans didn't hijack the process away from Trump the way the Democrats did with Sanders despite many in the party being against Trump.
But............he actually is. That's the problem, he is part of the category that supposedly acts behind the establishment. That said, Republicans tried to ship candidacy away from Trump but they had no one that was able to mobilitate masses and to create activism around him (something that's easier for a leftist candidate such as Sanders by the way)

Old 06-14-2016, 11:51 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,344,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
In the end, it seems that things had more to do with the instability of the terrorist than they had to with his faith. From an outsider's point of view, this should serve as a boost for Democrats more so than it will for Republicans as once again stricter gun laws would have stopped this from happening.

Aside from that, third parties (either Libertarian or Green) are the main ways to protest against the current situation and you are all realizing that probably due to woeful candidates on both sides.

But............he actually is. That's the problem, he is part of the category that supposedly acts behind the establishment. That said, Republicans tried to ship candidacy away from Trump but they had no one that was able to mobilitate masses and to create activism around him (something that's easier for a leftist candidate such as Sanders by the way)
Stricter gun control in the US will never, ever, ever, EVER happen. On the one hand, there are the examples of countries that have already done so. That alone is why it won't happen. Americans have this hard wired desire to never do what other countries do. It's one of the most bizarre mental conditions I've ever seen. Secondly, there's the argument of; if law abiding citizens don't have these guns, criminals still will.

As to your second point, no, Donald Trump is not part of the establishment. That's rather impossible since he doesn't even have any political history. The establishment are and are supported by party insiders. Hillary Clinton is establishment. Super delegates are elected officials (party insiders) which is why the majority threw their support behind her.

Old 06-14-2016, 12:25 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

46,009 posts, read 53,372,767 times
Trump got attention of the political establishment from being rich and being a celebrity. Outside of an attempt at a third party run in 1999 before 2011, he never got involved in politics other than schmoozing with powerful people. The actual political establishment looked upon his rather crass. Obama mocked him at an event full of political and media elite several years ago. Looks like the audience doesn't care for Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8TwRmX6zs4

Old 06-14-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Stricter gun control in the US will never, ever, ever, EVER happen. On the one hand, there are the examples of countries that have already done so. That alone is why it won't happen. Americans have this hard wired desire to never do what other countries do. It's one of the most bizarre mental conditions I've ever seen. Secondly, there's the argument of; if law abiding citizens don't have these guns, criminals still will.

As to your second point, no, Donald Trump is not part of the establishment. That's rather impossible since he doesn't even have any political history. The establishment are and are supported by party insiders. Hillary Clinton is establishment. Super delegates are elected officials (party insiders) which is why the majority threw their support behind her.
This misunderstanding may be due to cultural differences. For me, being part of the world of finance means being part of the establishment, after all finance has a large political weight although Trump probably wasn't its most successful member. Not only that, he even had a presence in the medias. He isn't a newcomer to the public in the same way as Bernie Sanders. He's not different from, say, Berlusconi when he first ran for Prime Minister, he already controlled medias and was a figure that most Italians knew about.

As for gun control, it can be phased out just like it has been elsewhere. It seemed to me from what i have read on City Data on the matter (i think on this matter, it's a good representation because it's a mostly conservative website) that it was because people are tied to what's written in the Constitution (why is by the way, extremely outdated on several matters and needs a renewal) as well as the lobbying of the NRA which pushes Republicans to staunchly defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.