Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2015, 04:05 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Who the heck cares, USA politics is the biggest joke in the world
They turn even politics into a freaking show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post

His polling popularity rises to:
  • Trump: 35%
  • Carson: 15%
  • Cruz: 14%
  • Rubio: 14%
  • Bush: 5%
Once again, to those who think this is all innate buffoonery, Trump knows precisely what he's doing here. His ace up the sleeve is his awareness of just how out of touch the corporate media is with the mood of the general public.
Trump's problem will be finding the approval of moderate voters. There will never be full support amongst the Republicans. I think there's a decent percentage of them which would rather stay home or vote Hillary rather than see Trump getting elected president

Who is Carson by the way? What are his views?

Old 12-11-2015, 04:28 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,240,698 times
Default Trump 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Grey View Post
He'll make the rest of the world hate the United States the way he made the rest of the United States hate New York. The man is a braying ass.
They already don't like us, so who cares. I don't like Trump as a man but as a political entity he has been nothing but pure un-PC bliss. The Republican establishment hate him, the Democrats hate him, Europeans hate him, Muslims hate him. C'mon people lets get this man elected. So Pull up a chair, grab your popcorn and a few cold beers and lets watch the most entertaining four years in American history.

Old 12-11-2015, 04:37 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,814,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Geez. We had a loon like this try this whole "immigrants are bad" .... her political party had brief popularity, in one state. It was then noted, she lacked any substance on real policy, and her party received 0.2% of the vote in the last election. I am sure the American people, will soon enough realise this.
In Europe it depends. In Italy Lega Nord polls around 12-13%, in the UK UKIP polls around 15%, don't think that such a movement even reaches 2-3% in Spain and Germany.

France is the outlier but Le Pen is actually much more leftist in many of its policies than Trump is. Trump is more like his father which was kicked out of the party

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousseff View Post
I'm impressed that there is actually majority support on this. And it's sure to upset those who believe that the country can be substantially influenced by a managed social agenda. There may be hope in the country just yet, unlike most of continental Europe, which is hopelessly lost.
How is Europe lost? It is the same continent it was years ago. Nothing has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
He is not part of the political establishment like Jeb Bush and Hillary Clinton he is not a career politician and in that way most people have more respect for him, he had a real career and not leeching off the American people like the Bush and Clinton have been doing for decades now.
Reminds me of the explanations which were given when Berlusconi got elected for the first time. New kid on the block is always gonna look cooler at first
Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_winter_breeze View Post
His .nativist rhetoric is anti-establishment. There is serious talk in the Republican party of dropping him and forcing him to run 'independent' something that would doom the Republican party in the next election. He is also never pledged to abstain from running as an independent candidate, something other Republicans have.

He is also a breath of fresh air. Before Donald Trump, even media pundits couldn't say half of what he said, without running afoul of a PC world. He's not backing down from most of his statements, forcing them to be debated (instead of apologized) and legitimizing them. Even if Donald Trump doesn't win, candidates will be freer in next election cycle to actually form stances instead of towing the PC line on all issues.

As someone who has property in Europe, and relatives all over Europe, this is a central issue to me. The migrant crisis this summer just revealed how badly this PC culture needs to be destroyed in Europe as well. I for one don't want Europe to lose her racial and cultural integrity accepting so many people who are racially and culturally foreign to Europe. Ofc, when I make such statements, some people are 'shocked' and consider me a racist. But how can people be ok with current trends occurring in all western european cities is beyond me.
Why shouldn't we? It is the same process your country has gone through decades ago, who cares if half my country isn'the white and doesn't have a conventional surname. Integrating this people is what matters and a large majority of them are doing well. Our countries are just following the rules and try not to let people escaping war not drown

Old 12-11-2015, 04:47 PM

8,390 posts, read 11,602,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineBlue View Post
If Trump is playing the public on their concerns in these areas, he either has ulterior, detrimental motives other than to actually address those concerns, or he is pursuing ulterior motives by aggrandizing public concern where it is unsubstantiated. So far, he seems to have maintained a clean scorecard in both areas, despite my initial knee-jerk cynicism about him.

The politico-media complex is baffled and terrified, in equal measures, by his popularity because his methodology is unlike anything they may have predicted within their modish framework of what's de rigueur if you're pandering to LCD populism.

To me, it's an encouraging sign that a very respectable proportion of the US population can appraise for themselves wherever the media idealogue drifts into arbitrariness or otherwise delusional territory. More poignantly, that they have perspective on the most pressing socio-economic issues that face the USA in the decade ahead.

Moments of encouragement like this are few and far between in a nation of people like the following:

I'm soooo excited to see what Hilary's rap will look like. She's been cheated on, abused and been around the block. It should be better than this. M. Obama only has being from Chicago on her side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1yAOK0nSb0

Old 12-11-2015, 05:44 PM

27,560 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Who is Carson by the way? What are his views?
Ben Carson's views are almost like Trump's, but not quite as lunatic fringe. Anyway, his poll numbers are falling.

Ted Cruz is rising and he may eventually overtake Trump.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 12-11-2015 at 05:52 PM..

Old 12-11-2015, 05:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,348,018 times
Carson is a talented neurosurgeon.

Sounds good so far. Must be very intelligent.

But he is a 7th Day Adventist (which make Jehovah's Witnesses look like Satanists) and he believes the Egyptian pyramids were used for grain storage.

In other words. He has a screw loose.

Old 12-11-2015, 06:31 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Ben Carson's views are almost like Trump's, but not quite as lunatic fringe. Anyway, his poll numbers are falling.

Ted Cruz is rising and he may eventually overtake Trump.

Cruz reminds me of a holy roller preacher. He hasn't learned that being President, means President of all people. Not the segments of population he feels are holy enough for him. If he rises in the polls it's because the Media, and the officials of the Republican Party want it that way. The whole election system is crooked to begin with. I'm beginning to wonder if all our votes are even counted.

Old 12-11-2015, 07:51 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,724,360 times
The debate on BBC's Question Time on whether to ban Donald Trump from the UK...

For those that don't know this is a televised debate that includes the general public, members of parliament and other prominent members of society. The debate is held in a different town every week and is televised on BBC One, this time they were in Bath.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:25 PM

919 posts, read 839,939 times
Many US citizens are tired of PC.
x
Mr. Trump doesn't care about PC.
=
He became popular among those people.

Old 12-11-2015, 08:36 PM

4,096 posts, read 3,724,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanagisawa View Post
Many US citizens are tired of PC.
x
Mr. Trump doesn't care about PC.
=
He became popular among those people.
PC = The avoidance of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

America's notion of PC includes = Using accurate data and descriptors when stating an opinion.

This is where warped Trump American logic fails as its based on rhetoric, sensationalism & "copy paste what the neighbour says" and not on facts & the wider picture.
Nowadays being accurate or having the intellect to express that accuracy is considered PC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World