Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2016, 01:07 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,938,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red John View Post
It disgusts me to see a blatant racist lead the polls in his party since the day he announced he was running for president just a few months shy of a year ago.

On the other hand I'm no fan of Hillary's either. This is the worst presidential election in America during my lifetime, in my opinion. My gosh, regardless who wins, America and Americans lose.

Its like Satan versus the Devil. Horrible. Just absolutely unredeemable and horrible. Bloomberg's the way to go, he crushes these other clowns in policy and has real executive experience. The dude cleaned up the premier city of America in his tenure there.
If Trump were to win the presidency and at least stay true on immigration, then America/ns win. In a big way.

But even then, I guess that could leave plenty of ways for things to keep sucking.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:11 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,801,188 times
The next refugee crisis is Americans coming with boats and rafts to Europe to seek asylum?

Pro tip: Iceland and Ireland are the closest.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:22 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
His foaming at the mouth gets worse with each passing day. Now he's quoting Mussolini, and he's running to become Leader of the Free World?

I'm now boycotting Ivanka Trump merchandise (she has a fashion label under her own name, selling handbags, jewelry, etc.). I refuse to buy Ivanka Trump products because she's appearing on stage supporting her father's campaigning and he's an avowed white supremacist and fan of fascism. Probably some Americans within the U.S. are also boycotting Trump hotels and the other businesses, and I think that's a good thing, they should boycott Trump. No Trump business will get my money.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:22 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,792,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
The next refugee crisis is Americans coming with boats and rafts to Europe to seek asylum?

Pro tip: Iceland and Ireland are the closest.
Hahaha.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:23 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Fair enough, but that's something for non-US citizens to be concerned about why, exactly?

I'm half-expecting you to tell me that the next Holocaust could be on America's horizon if Trump wins, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here for a sec...
The question of the thread was what do non-Americans think of Trump. I answered the question. Besides, just because I am not a Venezuelan doesn't mean I can't have a concern about the political situation there or any other country for that matter. This is a discussion forum, I have no ability nor desire to attempt to influence the choice(s) of the people in a sovereign nation. That said, I certainly can have an opinion on it and that is what I exercised in line with the thread question.

Your second sentence is just putting words in my mouth. I think I shared my opinion about my own concerns about Trump - does it matter, no but we're all here sharing thoughts, ideas and information so I think I wasn't out of line.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:24 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariete View Post
maybe it was deez nuts who said that originally?
lmao

Old 02-28-2016, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
The question of the thread was what do non-Americans think of Trump. I answered the question. Besides, just because I am not a Venezuelan doesn't mean I can't have a concern about the political situation there or any other country for that matter. This is a discussion forum, I have no ability nor desire to attempt to influence the choice(s) of the people in a sovereign nation. That said, I certainly can have an opinion on it and that is what I exercised in line with the thread question.
Yes, and I was asking you why Trump's opinion of American citizens who disagree with his policies is something that would be "frightening" to a non-American citizen. It was really nothing personal.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:30 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,873,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montguy View Post
Yes, and I was asking you why Trump's opinion of American citizens who disagree with his policies is something that would be "frightening" to a non-American citizen. It was really nothing personal.
I think because ultimately a leader is a leader for all the people in a nation, not just a voter base. A leader doesn't say the things he says about large portions of his fellow citizens. That imo goes for any leader of any nation, not just the U.S.

Old 02-28-2016, 01:31 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,366,498 times
My impression now is that there's a great many Americans, who are so out of touch with reality, and uneducated about history and world politics, that they're fantasizing that a fling with fascism would be fun. It's pathetic to see that a once great country has come to this. You can all burn your own country to the ground and then throw all the ashes around like confetti, have a good time, knock yourselves out. It's not a great advertisement for the U.S. or the American way of life.

Old 02-28-2016, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I think because ultimately a leader is a leader for all the people in a nation, not just a voter base. A leader doesn't say the things he says about large portions of his fellow citizens. That imo goes for any leader of any nation, not just the U.S.
You must crapping your pants over our current administration.

But points well-received. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World